Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 pm deadline

PD93

Hey guys. Just wanted you to know that the deadline for Player of the Year for my cousin Chris Brown is 5pm today. He is behind 300 votes at the minute and got really close yesterday. Please go vote and vote every hour. If you have multiple accounts use all of them. I really appreciate all the help you have given me. I really feel like if all of Redskin Nation vote he will win this. The link is below and this is our last chance to get him the win. Thanks again for allowing me to come on here and get your help for a well deserving guy. Let's get this done. Again thanks.

http://www.albanyherald.com/news/2011/nov/21/herald-player-year-poll/?sports

LOL at those crying about "cheating"

How is a cousin soliciting votes from a fan site of a team that he played on to vote for his cousin, who nobody here has seen play nor any of the other players up for this very LOCAL award, not cheating?

I for one would not feel to good if I voted for a high school athlete that I had never seen play from an area I don't live in just because his cousin once played for the Redskins.

Perhaps one of the other kids is more deserving. How is it fair that they lose this award because they don't happen to have a former pro football player as their cousin?

I think I'll pass and let those folks vote for whomever they feel is most deserving.

BTW, the original thread was not 10 slots down. Is a new thread necessary? It certainly shouldn't be allowed.

LOL at those crying about "cheating"

How is a cousin soliciting votes from a fan site of a team that he played on to vote for his cousin, who nobody here has seen play nor any of the other players up for this very LOCAL award, not cheating?

I for one would not feel to good if I voted for a high school athlete that I had never seen play from an area I don't live in just because his cousin once played for the Redskins.

Perhaps one of the other kids is more deserving. How is it fair that they lose this award because they don't happen to have a former pro football player as their cousin?

I think I'll pass and let those folks vote for whomever they feel is most deserving.

BTW, the original thread was not 10 slots down. Is a new thread necessary? It certainly shouldn't be allowed.

Because it's the difference between actual people doing the voting vs a software program one person writes and it plays on a loop. All you have to do is log in under an email, then program the bot to press the vote and refresh buttons ever hour. It would be pretty simple to make 100 of those and let them play once every hour and catching up is impossible after that, even though one guy's done it all.

The other fishy thing is that there are less than 400 students at that kids high school and the newspaper that gives out the award is in his hometown. If those aren't enough, then I think you're "hmmm, something sounds a little weird" meter is low on gas.

EDIT:

I'd assumed you knew who PD was, maybe I was incorrect. I'd wait to pass judgement until later, but if you did know, why would you be harassing a player who happens to do us the honor of visiting the forum and conversing with us? It's a benefit for everyone here, and one not shared by other fan bases very often.

Because it's the difference between actual people doing the voting vs a software program one person writes and it plays on a loop. All you have to do is log in under an email, then program the bot to press the vote and refresh buttons ever hour. It would be pretty simple to make 100 of those and let them play once every hour and catching up is impossible after that, even though one guy's done it all.

The other fishy thing is that there are less than 400 students at that kids high school and the newspaper that gives out the award is in his hometown. If those aren't enough, then I think you're "hmmm, something sounds a little weird" meter is low on gas.

As for, "Do we need another thread?!" nonsense. Philip Daniels is allowed to post a new thread anytime he wants. If you want to start getting ****** with players who come on here everyone once in a while (and PD has become a part of the ES community more than any other) then I'd advise you to go to another forum. I don't think you're going to win popularity points with the mods or the members. Ring of Fame or not.

What he said.

Personally, I never vote in these things. (and I rarely post in threads) But when Phillip Daniels asks, I do. How many players have spent as much time with us as he has? I appreciate that so much that I have voted several times for his cousin.

I also do think this is rigged. Either there are several bots running voting for Mason or the local paper fixed it so he would win. I hope it's only because he's more local to the paper rather than because he's the only white kid in the poll.

So either way, it seems a hollow victory for whoever wins. The award will have nothing to do with what either kid did on the field. They'll have won either by a voting bot or by a bunch of people who never saw them play. I'm fine with people stuffing the ballot box for PD's relative, but the only winner is the newspaper's web site, which manufacturered a bunch of hit data that they can peddle to their advertisers.

Archived