Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

5 pm deadline

PD93

So either way, it seems a hollow victory for whoever wins. The award will have nothing to do with what either kid did on the field. They'll have won either by a voting bot or by a bunch of people who never saw them play. I'm fine with people stuffing the ballot box for PD's relative, but the only winner is the newspaper's web site, which manufacturered a bunch of hit data that they can peddle to their advertisers.

I agree, but when they decided to put the vote to the internet with no protection against those programs, it became a hollow victory. That's the dumbest way to run any kind of award. At least with Pro-bowl voting you can only vote 10 times, they have SOME protection in place, and fans votes don't count as much as players and coaches.

I agree with what Philip said in the messages on that website.

The winner should have been decided by the paper, and not by anonymous internet votes in a flawed system. Both guys look like great players and doing it this way isn't fair to either of them.

Hell, even taking PD out of the equation. Have you looked at the numbers? The kid scores a TD every 3rd time he touches the ball! He puts up Madden stats. It's crazy. He's easily the best player out of the bunch, regardless of whose cousin he is. He deserves to win.

Edit - And the vote difference has jumped to nearly 700 votes.

Yeah, I've voted multiple times, and it seems like every time I look at the totals he's getting a couple hundred farther behind.

They must have every kid at his school voting once every hour. I bet if people were only allowed to vote only once total he'd win by a wide margin.

It's sad too, his numbers are absurdly good. And he plays defense solidly too.

Even if he loses I think he gets the last laugh. Brown probably has half the Division 1-A schools jumping to give him scholarships. He's got monster RB written all over him.

Voted. Noted that in 30 seconds Chris got 1 vote and Mason got 4 votes. Don't think Chris is going to get this one at this ratio.

Yeah, after being as close as 70 in the last few hours the spread has widened to 847. Unless the paper decides to step up and cancel all the bum votes, it doesn't look like this will happen.

I hope people aren't choosing the wrong option, it seems pretty easy just to click beside Chris Brown's name.
Seriously. Mason is right below Chris, and the option buttons are lined up just a little higher than the names. I know some of us act like idjits here, how bad would it be if we've been voting against ourselves all this time? :ols:

BTW - voted: Down 9324 to 10187. I think the poll is rigged. :mad:

Proof that there were external factors (including us): Holy crap look how many more votes Chris and the other kid got, compared to everybody else! It's 10 thousand, 9 thousand, and then 296 period next highest vote total!

Maybe the kid winning has as many family contacts as PD does, but whatever is giving the other kid votes, had to bump their vote total WAY above all the other nominees.

And again, I don't think what we're doing is bad. Obviously anybody can vote based on the other kid's total. And PD93 is good enough a character witness to me, to vote for Chris.

Sorry PD, Hard to believe he didn't win with all of Redskins Nation voting. Kid is a Beast and am sure this will not be the last time we see him. Miss you man in Redskins Country. God Bless and I hope you and your family have a great Holiday Season!! HTTR!!

Archived