Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Week 12

ACW

Which Jersey should I wear to the Redskins Rally on Saturday Night?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Jersey should I wear to the Redskins Rally on Saturday Night?

• Monte Coleman
    • Neal Olkewicz
    • Charles Mann
    • Gary Clark
    • Ricky Sanders

Dan Bailey = Money.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 07:30 PM ----------

Yeah, Dallas is extremely lucky.....again. They are one of those 8-8 type teams that end up with a 10-6 or better record. Their schedule is cake and they get all the lucky bounces this year.

Cake schedule? Come on man.

Open the season with 4 straight away games (2 preseason, regular season)

Open @ New York on 9/11

Fly to San Fran (who is 8-1)

Detroit

Early bye week

@ New England

St. Louis (Easy)

@ Philly

That is one of the toughest if NOT Toughest schedule in the NFL ... I will admit, the past few weeks have been easier on them. But Seattle did beat Baltimore AND New York. Miami has been as hot as ANY team in the NFL.

Throw in Dallas was the ONLY team to play on Thanksgiving that had to play an away game the week before. They are also without 3 key starters

Yeah, Dallas is extremely lucky.....again. They are one of those 8-8 type teams that end up with a 10-6 or better record. Their schedule is cake and they get all the lucky bounces this year.

Schedule is cake? Yeah, it is now. They fought their way through the tougher part of the schedule and now get to enjoy the softer part for a stretch. Their schedule is no easier then the rest of the NFC East.

They've had plenty of tough breaks and injuries just like everyone else, they've just found ways to battle through and get it done.

Cake schedule? Come on man.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 07:47 PM ----------

Schedule is cake? Yeah, it is now. They fought their way through the tougher part of the schedule and now get to enjoy the softer part for a stretch. Their schedule is no easier then the rest of the NFC East.

They've had plenty of tough breaks and injuries just like everyone else, they've just found ways to battle through and get it done.

You guys have a had a cake schedule of late. It's one of the reasons why some are picking you to win the East now. You went into your bye at 2-2. Since your bye week, out of your last 7 games, the only team you've played with a winning record is the Pats, which you lost to. That put you at 2-3, with a losing record. Then your cake schedule began. You beat the lousy Rams (as did the Redskins). Then you played the Eagles, which you lost badly to. Then you beat the lousy Seahawks. You killed the Bills, but the Bills have been exposed as frauds. You barely beat the lowly Redskins. Today, you barely beat the lowly Dolphins. Out of those 7 games since the bye, only the Pats have a winning record.

You guys have a had a cake schedule of late. It's one of the reasons why some are picking you to win the East now. You went into your bye at 2-2. Since your bye week, out of your last 7 games, the only team you've played with a winning record is the Pats, which you lost to. That put you at 2-3, with a losing record. Then your cake schedule began. You beat the lousy Rams (as did the Redskins). Then you played the Eagles, which you lost badly to. Then you beat the lousy Seahawks. You killed the Bills, but the Bills have been exposed as frauds. You barely beat the lowly Redskins. Today, you barely beat the lowly Dolphins. Out of those 7 games since the bye, only the Pats have a winning record.

So other teams like New York, Pittsburgh, Green Bay play easy schedules? But they annoint them as good teams? Come on. Our early part of the schedule was as tough as any and we finish as tough as any.

Giants early season wins - St Louis, Philly, Arizona, Buffalo, Miami, New England. What do you know? 4 of their wins are against the same team Dallas beat.

Every team in the East schedule's flip flopped with ease of schedule. New York and Philly had an easy early schedule with a tough finish. Dallas had a tough start but an easier finish.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 07:47 PM ----------

So does the same apply for any NFL team? Can we go around to every teams record and put an *

by every opponent who doesn't have a winning record?

Would Dallas be more legit if this easier stretch of games came at the beginning of the season? Or spread out a little bit? No. You play whose on your schedule when the league schedules it. Nearly every team has the same amount of "easy" games on the schedule, where they happen to fall in the schedule doesn't matter.

So other teams like New York, Pittsburgh, Green Bay play easy schedules? But they annoint them as good teams? Come on. Our early part of the schedule was as tough as any and we finish as tough as any.

Giants early season wins - St Louis, Philly, Arizona, Buffalo, Miami, New England. What do you know? 4 of their wins are against the same team Dallas beat.

Every team in the East schedule's flip flopped with ease of schedule. New York and Philly had an easy early schedule with a tough finish. Dallas had a tough start but an easier finish.

New York is currently in a very rough stretch of tough games, which is going to help you guys. Since the Giants bye week, the last 4 games, they've played only two teams with a losing record, the Dolphins and the Eagles. Since then, they've played the Pats, which they beat. Then the 49ers. Then the Eagles. This week they have the Saints. Then after that Green Bay. The rest of the games are against you guys twice, the Redskins and the Jets. You can argue that the only game the Giants have left against a bad team is against the Redskins, but that game will be tough for the Giants. The Giants don't really have a game left where you can pencil in a win, except for maybe the Redskins.

If you are a Skins fan, don't worry. The charade isn't going to last much longer, even if the Cowboys somehow manage to steal the NFC East. I see a fundamentally flawed team that has no chance in hanging with a team like the Pack.

Can't argue that it's unlikely they hang with the Pack, but I'm fine with that. This is esstentially a rebuilding year for Dallas. A division crown in a rebuilding year? I'll take it.

So does the same apply for any NFL team? Can we go around to every teams record and put an *

by every opponent who doesn't have a winning record?

Would Dallas be more legit if this easier stretch of games came at the beginning of the season? Or spread out a little bit? No. You play whose on your schedule when the league schedules it. Nearly every team has the same amount of "easy" games on the schedule, where they happen to fall in the schedule doesn't matter.

Dallas would be more legit if they did what the Giants did and beat the Pats on their turf. The Cowboys would be more legit if they didn't get destroyed in Philly. I can understand a loss in Philly, but you guys were blown out. I think the Giants are the better team than the Cowboys, but due to the schedule and the fact that you guys are getting some bounces your way, you'll probably edge them out in the division.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 08:03 PM ----------

Can't argue that it's unlikely they hang with the Pack, but I'm fine with that. This is esstentially a rebuilding year for Dallas. A division crown in a rebuilding year? I'll take it.

You guys aren't rebuilding. You've installed a new defense, but you aren't rebuilding.

New York is currently in a very rough stretch of tough games, which is going to help you guys. Since the Giants bye week, the last 4 games, they've played only two teams with a losing record, the Dolphins and the Eagles. Since then, they've played the Pats, which they beat. Then the 49ers. Then the Eagles. This week they have the Saints. Then after that Green Bay. The rest of the games are against you guys twice, the Redskins and the Jets. You can argue that the only game the Giants have left against a bad team is against the Redskins, but that game will be tough for the Giants. The Giants don't really have a game left where you can pencil in a win, except for maybe the Redskins.

You may be missing the point here.

While what you say is true, Dallas played their tough games early. NY played their easy games early. Now it's opposite. This doesn't mean Dallas is getting handed the division, it means when you look at the schedules as a whole things are starting to even out.

Dallas would be more legit if they did what the Giants did and beat the Pats on their turf. The Cowboys would be more legit if they didn't get destroyed in Philly. I can understand a loss in Philly, but you guys were blown out. I think the Giants are the better team than the Cowboys, but due to the schedule and the fact that you guys are getting some bounces your way, you'll probably edge them out in the division.

New York would be legit if they beat San Fran on the road. Only if they beat Seattle. Only if they beat Washington. Yeah, it's all a bias on that one there.

You do realize all teams in the conference play the SAME teams minus two games?

You guys aren't rebuilding. You've installed a new defense, but you aren't rebuilding.

Can't argue with you saying the Giants are the better team, there is certainly a case for that. Dallas plays NY twice in the final 4 games, if they win the division it's going to be because they earned it.

Dallas has (technically) a rookie head coach, although I'll give you that one since he was the OC and not from the outside and his system was already in place. Overall a very different coaching staff from last season. Completely new defensive system with no off-season to implement it.

They cut 5 starters on offense, 3 on the offensive line. Most of their off-season moves were based around getting younger, getting rid of vets, and getting under the salary cap. They virtually made no FA moves either, relying on the draft to bring in the new talent to this team.

This screams rebuild to me.

Just because Dallas is having moderate success this season doesn't mean they aren't in a rebuild.

Can't argue with you saying the Giants are the better team, there is certainly a case for that. Dallas plays NY twice in the final 4 games, if they win the division it's going to be because they earned it.

Dallas has (technically) a rookie head coach, although I'll give you that one since he was the OC and not from the outside and his system was already in place. Overall a very different coaching staff from last season. Completely new defensive system with no off-season to implement it.

They cut 5 starters on offense, 3 on the offensive line. Most of their off-season moves were based around getting younger, getting rid of vets, and getting under the salary cap. They virtually made no FA moves either, relying on the draft to bring in the new talent to this team.

This screams rebuild to me.

Just because Dallas is having moderate success this season doesn't mean they aren't in a rebuild.

3 rookies have helped win a bunch of games. Tyron Smith, DeMarco Murray, Dan Bailey.

Miami just ruined my weekend...

remember, if Matt Moore doesn't fumble the ****ing snap and give dallas a free touchdown in the first half, Dallas loses.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 05:22 PM ----------

ya, we were just talking about that. ALl kinds of little flip throws and shovels as he was going down today...PLENTY of material for espn and nfl network to schlobber the dallas cowboys and Tony Romo sits to pee. Probably more of that "is tony Romo sits to pee an elite qb?" crap.

ESPN and the NFL network eat, lick, suck and drool all over the Cowturds jockstrap win or lose. Fart on them all.

Not sure what the Ravens are doing on offense. They went to Boldin early in the game, with a lot of success. Then didn't even look his way again. That's terrible coaching. They couldn't cover dude!...Go back to BOLDIN!!!....NO ONE runs on the Niners!

Btw, that was a ****ty play by Smith there at the end. Like Nessler said, the ONE thing you can't do there is throw a pick. Awful.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 09:56 PM ----------

pass interference?!?!? WHAT?!?!?
If you're referring to the one on Torrey Smith, it was DEF pass interference. Dude was hooking Smith's arm a good bit there. That was a no-brainer call.

Exactly! Dallas is in no way rebuilding. I still believe the Cards will give 'em a game next week. The thing that irks me is catching flak from family and friends who are fans of the 'Pokes. They believe Dallas is actually a good team. 95%-98% of those same folks are unknowledgeable fans. Typical of their fan base from I've encountered. I see a rude awakening on the horizon.

Exactly! Dallas is in no way rebuilding. I still believe the Cards will give 'em a game next week. The thing that irks me is catching flak from family and friends who are fans of the 'Pokes. They believe Dallas is actually a good team. 95%-98% of those same folks are unknowledgeable fans. Typical of their fan base from I've encountered. I see a rude awakening on the horizon.

Any reasoning behind this?

Dallas is in the process of a youth movement and a revamp of the roster. You don't have to be terrible to rebuild.

Miami-Dallas was a pretty good game. The other two were boring though.
I thought even the Miami game sucked. When nearly every score in the game is of the FG variety, then there's a good chance the game sucked.

---------- Post added November-24th-2011 at 11:43 PM ----------

Man... Baltimore had 10 sacks on the day. Two with 3 a piece and another with 2. And that was without Ray Lewis.
And a good bit of those 10 sacks came with the Niners max protecting. I would put a few of them on Smith though. A couple of times he had a chance to get rid of it, but didn't.

Archived