Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maybe they are tanking?

Burgold

I didn't see that.

I think the fact that most everyone is taking this as a completely seriously thread is almost as depressing as the state of our team. Still, Sherlock Holmes would deduce from the clues, timing and circumstance that if the Redskins only muck up when in scoring position and do so repeatedly that behavior is not present when they are either elsewhere on the field or a score does not indanger their losing... well then...

If the team is tanking the season what does that say of the people we have in this organization? I think they are playing hard, but just a terrible team!!

If they are playing players wouldn't missing blocks, getting pushed around, and missing tackles. I would be scaried as heck if it was this terrible. The tank is in and I don't care. Know why we need top talent on this team. We got a bunch of adverage players on this team.

If this was somehow proven and I was a Colts season ticket holder, I would sue the team.

Yeah right. So you telling me that one bad season for another 13 years of division wins is going to make you mad. I don't think Indy fans could careless about losing right now for the chance of Luck. I wished the redskins had tanked earlier for so we could have a QB right now.

I'll say it.. I believe they are tanking the rest of the season. I don't believe that was the initial thought with the hot start. However, the Philly game was a measuring stick, and our best QB on the team threw four picks in three quarters. Message received loud and clear...we need a franchise QB.

it does seem like they are. I mean, we have been moving the ball very well until we get right into field goal range. you take a look at today's game (as well as the past games - with Rex starting) and we could easily average 25+ pts a game but its like we intentionally stall/call plays that won't get us in, etc.

It's nice to think this could be the situation but i doubt it is...we are the redskins

it does seem like they are. I mean, we have been moving the ball very well until we get right into field goal range. you take a look at today's game (as well as the past games - with Rex starting) and we could easily average 25+ pts a game but its like we intentionally stall/call plays that won't get us in, etc.

It's nice to think this could be the situation but i doubt it is...we are the redskins

we've been moving the ball? we moved the ball today on a 1-7 miami dolphins team.

our offense is abysmal, and is right up there with the colts for dead last. we scored 9 points today. we've scored 1 TD in our last 3 games.

1 TD in our last 3 games. let that sink in for a minute.

We aren't cursed, we aren't tanking.

We just suck. Bad.

We still need help on the line, the QB, the defense, and a couple receivers. Besides that we are doing fine.

I still think this team is better than last year, and with another good draft maybe we can compete.

Well said. I think we do have WRs, but no QB to deliver the ball.

Grossman is gross. Time for us to seriously think about putting in Jonathan Crompton. This season is a bust.

no they 're not tanking remember breaking the lions 19 game losing streak and giving 4 other teams first win.this year 3 1 win teams have beat down this bunch of losers .it's who they are gutless ,prideless losers .

Unless that's part of the plan :nerd:

---------- Post added November-13th-2011 at 05:37 PM ----------

Well said. I think we do have WRs, but no QB to deliver the ball.

Grossman is gross. Time for us to seriously think about putting in Jonathan Crompton. This season is a bust.

It's worse than that. We have a very limited qb and a very limited o line. Combine a D plus QB with a C minus line and you're in deep doo doo. I think Grossman is a barely a starting calibre qb and if you combine that with a very shaky line that no running back can have success with then you've got a recipe for repeated failure.

If I found out the Redskins were intentionally tanking for draft picks, I would stop being a fan until everyone involved was gone. It's fraud, and there are commodities worth tens of millions of dollars at stake.

Luckily, I don't believe the Redskins are intentionally tanking. Our injury situation and our quarterbacks are really just that bad.

After watching some of the clock management late in the 4th....its making me wonder.

Rex had no problem running the 2 minute offense last year in Detroit...in fact that's why they benched McScabb

Now less than 5 minutes left...down by 2 scores and they huddle after every play...sigh

HAIL???

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Okay, first of all I don't believe they're really purposefully tanking, but... if they were that's how ya do it. Every time you get in scoring territory figure out a way to draw a penalty or let someone loose for an unblocked sack or telegraph your throw and throw late down the middle.

Oh yeah, and find a 1-7 team that can't run and somehow only force one punt.

What's crazy is the Redskins looked pretty good today except when they went into slapstick mode.

I think at this point you got to figure the Redskins are tanking, are cursed, or they're heart breakers. I mean every scoring opportunity they shoot themselves in the foot and every time the Redskins managed to kick a fg the D immediately found a way to let down and let the Dolphins build the lead right back up.

If this isn't being done intentionally it darn well should be.

nah, its been going on for almost 20 years that the skins cant score touchdowns, what was the joke at the end of Mark Rypien's tenture. ? they heard he couldnt get into his house, someone painted a goal line in front of his porch...they aint tanking, they just aint any good, pitiful to be exact

I think the fact that most everyone is taking this as a completely seriously thread is almost as depressing as the state of our team. Still, Sherlock Holmes would deduce from the clues, timing and circumstance that if the Redskins only muck up when in scoring position and do so repeatedly that behavior is not present when they are either elsewhere on the field or a score does not indanger their losing... well then...

lol, did you just point out how crazy it is that everyone is taking this seriously, then make a statement to imply how likely it is?

Archived