Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Maybe they are tanking?

Burgold

We aren't cursed, we aren't tanking.

We just suck. Bad.

We still need help on the line, the QB, the defense, and a couple receivers. Besides that we are doing fine.

I still think this team is better than last year, and with another good draft maybe we can compete.

Agreed. We just aren't very good yet. We have flashes of good and plenty of bad. That's what happens when you're rebuilding. It's alright.

---------- Post added November-14th-2011 at 08:13 AM ----------

If we loose out for the remainder of this season, we will not only have a high draft pick, but we should have a new coaching staff.

I respect Shanny, but he's past his days. I will sadly have to solute Mr. Synder when he terminates Shanny after this season because nobody should be coaching in the NFL if you loose the last 10 games in your 2nd year.

Man. come on. and what? Let Danny go back to running things? bring in another Zorn? Get off the ledge and look objectively at these last two years. How the drafts have worked. How the young guys are playing. And chill the **** out.

Wait.... what?

If a QB were to be designed from the ground up for our system they would look like Griffin does on a football field. Our O reads long to short and we run a ZBS with lots of stretch plays. Don't get me wrong I think Luck would be good for us too, however Griffin has a floor almost as high as Luck's in our system just with a higher ceiling.

I firmly believe the Colts are tanking. I don't think the Redskins are because they are just being too creative in finding ways to lose.

i even believe manning has been healthy enough to play for 6 weeks...the 'timing' of their first seasont hey havent won 12 games in a decade and manning misses the year is just too perfect...i figured after he missed game 1 and broke the streak...they have packed it in...i certainly hope he pulls a eli on those fools - cuz it would be a CRIME to draft that man and have him sit for 3 years

If a QB were to be designed from the ground up for our system they would look like Griffin does on a football field. Our O reads long to short and we run a ZBS with lots of stretch plays. Don't get me wrong I think Luck would be good for us too, however Griffin has a floor almost as high as Luck's in our system just with a higher ceiling.

OK. So we have the first overall pick. You're saying you'd pick Griffin over Luck?

i even believe manning has been healthy enough to play for 6 weeks...the 'timing' of their first seasont hey havent won 12 games in a decade and manning misses the year is just too perfect...i figured after he missed game 1 and broke the streak...they have packed it in...i certainly hope he pulls a eli on those fools - cuz it would be a CRIME to draft that man and have him sit for 3 years

Nah, I don't buy that. If Manning was ready that early than you load up and you go for the Superbowl. I have to believe that Manning's injury is serious and career threatening for them to do what they did.

I think both the players and the management realized that this draft class was a bit different in terms of our needs and once several key players went down there was no way we'd make a deep run.

Whether its fully conscious or not I think its in the back of everyone's mind that this team wasn't built for 2011 but really for 2013 maybe if we are lucky 2012. So yeah we're tanking.

OK. So we have the first overall pick. You're saying you'd pick Griffin over Luck?

In a hypothetical 'no trades' yes I would, I think we are better with Griffin at QB than Luck. In reality I'd trade Luck for the hat full of picks he would command, then trade some of them back for Griffin and get my preferred QB plus.

Weird way to put it Burgold.... but I'm not buying. I think it's simpler than this, I think the defense quits because the offense can't score.

I definately agree that this was actually the best played game this year, it was just amazing to see them tank it in the Redzone.

How many times has the DEFENSE given the offense 1st and goal off a turnover? I can think of three of the top of my head (Philly, Miami, and Dallas) and the offense failed to get a touchdown EVERY TIME. You can get mad at the defense, but you can't blame them for checking out late in games.

A good quarterback, some linemen, and a cornerback that can cover would solve a lot of issues on this squad.

HAIL!

They're not tanking. They just really, really suck.

My sentiments exactly.

Lets face it, our offense is too powerless to score more points then our defense is holding people to. At this rate, we don't need to intentionally lose to continue losing. I'd be more angry considering how much they make and the fact I work two jobs for them to just give up and lose as many games as possible. How much is beer at FedEx now? They better give a ****....

Let's face it. Mike Shanahan fielded a team that wasn't going to win more than six games this year. We had hoped by the way the Redskins played in preseason and the first four games of this season that the Redskins had finally turned a corner and they would compete with the NFL's elite this year. NFL analysts had the Redskins actually winning the NFC East. But this was before that accursed bye week. Since after the bye week, this has been a lousy, awful, pitiful Redskins team. Before the bye week they were playing like true contenders. What happened?

I'm glad that the Redskins have made strides on the defensive side of the ball and the 3-4 defense is much improved from last season. But on offense, they can't stop committing penalties. The QB can't stop throwing interceptions. The HB can't get more than 3 yards a carry. The offensive line is not as good as they were during the first few weeks of the season. Injuries are piling up on the offensive side of the ball. All of this equals a 3-6 record with five straight defeats. What a bitter pill to swallow!!!!

Archived