Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Indystar: Dolphins slip in Luck derby with unexpected victory

HogNose

Good. I want Indy to get the top pick. There's a chance--though probably small--that they'd actually trade the pick. Not a chance with Miami.

Well Dolphins are about to get another crushing victory next week.. with Beck as the starter.. Redskins have no chance...

I really think Indy is tanking the season IMHO...

I think we might be tanking the season too at this point. That's the only way starting Beck makes any sense.

Yeah, it makes zero sense from a pure football standpoint. It's shocking to see actually, but in some sick, twisted way, it is actually refreshing to see him pretty much admit that he ****ed up.

Watching the Dolphins the previous week come up short in a game in NY they should of won, following on from the Denver game they threw away; this wasn't as unexpected as some will have you believe. The margin of victory surprised me, but the Chiefs have been a shaky winning run that could of gone either way most weeks. The good thing from our perspective is everyone around or below us are slowly showing signs of life and picking up wins here and there, whilst we continue to sink like a stone.

Now if only Peyton can come back and lead Indy to a grandstand finish .....

Hail.

Theres no way in hell Indy trades that pick. Give up that fantasy right now.

I read or heard something on TV the other day about how Polian might want to trade the pick, load up and make one last run with Peyton. That's he's 70, that Peyton's 35, they're not going to want to just get a QB and they'll be pushing the owner to make a move.

Seattle Miami and Indy are the QB hungry teams. Indy has clearly tanked the year for Luck. If we are going to have a bad year I'd like us to draft before Seattle and Miami but that seems unlikely.

I think there's a decent chance we jump one of those two teams. Seattle has 2 wins and Miami has 1, but both get us at their places. The Rams still have 1 win and that's the team we want to get the #1 pick if we want Luck. If we have our eye on someone else, we just need to be in the top 4 or 5, right?

I read or heard something on TV the other day about how Polian might want to trade the pick, load up and make one last run with Peyton. That's he's 70, that Peyton's 35, they're not going to want to just get a QB and they'll be pushing the owner to make a move.

I'm of the opinion that Peypey is done in this league. They would be utter idiots to pass on Luck.

Polian could do both.

Curtiosy of the new rookie pay scale rules. Cam Newton's ENTIRE contract over 4 years is only worth 18 mil.

You can draft a top pick QB now and keep someone like Peyton.

I want Luck so bad man. It would be so great to finally have THAT kind of guy on our team. I know its a real long shot but if it was at all possible to make a deal with Indy that they couldn't get away from, I think I'd do it despite my general avoidance of trading picks. For that kid, I'd break my own rules. We NEED a guy like that.

I'm of the opinion that Peypey is done in this league. They would be utter idiots to pass on Luck.

Possibly.

Polian could do both.

Curtiosy of the new rookie pay scale rules. Cam Newton's ENTIRE contract over 4 years is only worth 18 mil.

You can draft a top pick QB now and keep someone like Peyton.

Yeah but if you're trying to make a last run with Peyton, wouldn't you want to load up with as much talent as possible, i.e. trading out for multiple picks

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 03:20 PM ----------

Look, I don't think it's likely--at all--but I do think it's a possibility. TD_WashingtonRedskins is right though. The Rams getting it is the best case scenario.

So you think he would be willing to risk further injury to play in a meaningless game? I can't see that happening.

I can see it if Peyton literally sees his career flash before his eyes. Let's say the Colts pull out a miracle victory somewhere in the next month, and the Rams continue to lose....you can't see Peyton doing his damnedest to come back for a game or 2 to ensure his team doesn't pick #1 overall if it means that he won't be replaced next year? Andrew Luck in Indy means the end of Peyton's career, and the Colts would be highly unlikely to trade up to #1 to take the guy if Peyton comes back, even at 75%.

Again, all things being equal, the Colts are highly likely to clinch that #1 spot without Manning. But a Manning-less Colts mean a rebuild with a rookie, while a healthy Manning returning means using a lot of high draft picks to make 1 last run with a guy that has proven he can get them there.

Of course I could be totally wrong and Peyton Manning could care more about the Colts' future after him than about squeezing out another championship or 2 to solidify his reputation, but I'd be pretty shocked if that were the case.

Archived