Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

GameDay Thread: Week 9

ACW

Cutler would be horrid behind the 'Skins line, throwing to our receivers. Not Grossman/Beck bad, but he sure wouldn't look like he does with the Bears.

Cutler's line SUCKS. He has already been sacked 20 some times this year and gets pressured a ton more. The only reason he hasn't been sacked 40 times is because he is excellent at avoiding pressure and moving around. A friend of mine is a huge Bears fan and has been ****ing for the last 2 years about how horrid his protection has been. I think he would be fine behind our line.

yeah, no kidding. cutler's oline is horrible. dude just makes plays though because he is so much better than rex/beck. when will people understand this.

Because there is a contingent of fans on this board, some of them quite vocal that think 1) offensive line comes first 2) even an average QB can succeed if you just build the rest of the team

We see posts from them all the time. Yet in spite of the fact that SEVERAL QBs have had quite decent years (including the first year or two of Brady's run, Rodgers at times, Cutler, Warner, Big Ben (both in the SB in the same year with pretty bad offensive lines) they still insist that it's the line.

Maybe it's a form of avoidance of the QB issue. If you pretend you can just build up a line, it can be easier to obscure the magnitude of any decision at QB. It's also a built-in excuse for every QB that struggles. "oh his line isn't good," people were pulling that on me in 2004 when Brunell was historically inept passing.

Ahahahahahahahahaha. **** the Eagles. **** Philly.

My day at work tomorrow just got a lot brighter (Work right next to an Eagles fan. Probably 85% of our convos are us talking **** to each other about football.)

And goddamn, how different would the Skins state of the franchise be if we had landed Cutler? ****, ****, ****.

Archived