Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Romney/Ryan Lose 2012 Election Thread

@DCGoldPants

Always thought you favored Lenon over McCartney.

Nah, if I have to pick out of solo careers, I go Paul, overall (syrup, sap, and all---he has more weight in his body of work than many think, IMO). As a group, I think they were the prime pop-music example of a sum being greater than the parts. When it was all going down originally, I really liked them, but was a bit more a Stones/Animals/Yardbirds guy for the first few years. I did become, and remain, one of those people who think the Beatles are the greatest ever (sorry Andy ;)).

But I even liked The Dave Clark 5 at first. So....any way you want it. :)

Speaking of a gross oversimplification

You conflate the party nomination process with a national election in error....and you know better

Red herring. But if you want to focus on the tens of millions of GOPers who voted for Romney in the national election instead of the 6-ring circus that was the GOP primary, then be my guest. The GOP collectively supported Romney over all others both times.

:groupwave:

Focusing on one race over the over won't free the GOP from either Romney's political ghost or his worldview. Today's GOP platform was purpose-build to maximize favors to Romney's demographic; people are not forgetting that and Ryan is helping to keep their memories fresh. Party and the candidate are inseparable when they share a perspective, and Romney '12 is a fantastic example.

61 million votes... most of them card-carrying GOPers. :silly:

Mjah,

It's just consistency. Remember when in 2008 Republicans declared that G W Bush was not a conservative after holding up for seven years as the conservative ideal even going so far as to say any disagreement with Bush was equal to treason.

Red herring. :

Yet McCain/Palin got more votes,which in your example means their platform was more popular

or was it just Palin's charm?

voters sitting out for both parties platforms is not a sign of strength for either

Yet McCain/Palin got more votes,which in your example means their platform was more popular

voters sitting out for both parties platforms is not a sign of strength for either

Both sides were demoralized by the lack of economic progress following the 08 D victory and the 10 R victory. Are you seriously championing a gov who left office to cash in on a failed TV career? If only Palin would run for president, then the GOP could regain its former glory :pfft:

That's a mighty tempting diversion you're dangling there. But no thanks. :ols:

Romney's own words said it all, when he was talking to the most ardent and deep-pocketed movers and shakers of his own party and thought nobody else was listening. Romney was the GOP's selected go-to standard bearer, platform pusher, demographically fitting toothy pitchman, and enthusiastic benefactor through and through. All rolled into one. And he was happy to do it.

To him, the GOP was the best fitting party money could buy. All it cost him, aside from other people's money, was the inconvenience of running away from everything he had ever done as an elected politician. The GOP didn't compromise on their principles to get Romney -- Romney compromised on his and rolled over for the GOP. He took their platform, slapped his face on the front of it, and... the whole thing failed spectacularly. Things only improved once he flip-flopped and tried to convince people he didn't believe in that platform after all!

But no, surely that's not the platform's fault. Surely it was the fault of the decal on the front. Surely someone else would have done better with such a tone-deaf, crappy party vision. The same one Ryan and friends are still pushing now. :pfft:

This bitter divorce makes for some highly entertaining viewing. You really ought to disown the entire family though, instead of pretending you hate the ex-husband while still embracing the crazy in-laws.

Maybe try a Big Bird gambit next?

"Remember, I'm not just the GOP's would-be President... I'm also a client."

1352953234454.cached.jpg

thanks for agreeing with me :)...the face lost votes(despite being more established and 'competent"),rather than the platform.

perhaps they can find one that doesn't have the baggage of "the inconvenience of running away from everything he had ever done as an elected politician. "

since that obviously doesn't attract voters

I agree. I think the GOP should stick with the same platform they've been pushing for 30 years, only they need to be more pure about it. Find somebody who has a long history of never disagreeing with their core beliefs.

thanks for agreeing with me :)...the face lost votes(despite being more established and 'competent"),rather than the platform.

perhaps they can find one that doesn't have the baggage of "the inconvenience of running away from everything he had ever done as an elected politician. "

since that obviously doesn't attract voters

twa...I'm no easy lover of dems/left per se, but in aggregate, for the last 12 yeas at least, the GOP, it's platform and ALMOST ALL its "faces" really ****ing totally sucks in a number of very meaningful ways, way worse than its main rival. i hate living on the difference between the two in overall suckage, however. just my view.

I agree. I think the GOP should stick with the same platform they've been pushing for 30 years, only they need to be more pure about it. Find somebody who has a long history of never disagreeing with their core beliefs.

trying to keep me from ruling eh?

Mere details, advisers are plentifull....competency less so

Something I love about both my primary professions in life to date...plenty of evaluative methods beyond self and availability of empirical evidence by which to gauge competency beyond typical materialistic definitions of "success". I would be happy to serve in your cabinet. :evilg:

Archived