Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Per Rotoworld (10/26/11): Haynesworth hasn't recorded a tackle since week 1

Alaskins

Let's see now (for those keeping score):

Shanahan: 2

McNabb/Haynesworth: 0

That's a fact. You gotta hand it to Shanahan for what he did with those two and getting something in return for them.

---------- Post added October-31st-2011 at 06:20 PM ----------

yep, his career has been rejuvenated.

Great job fatso

:ols: Yeah, the Pats thought they were really going to get something out of him, but what they got is the same thing the Skins got of him: Nothing.

Now I'm wondering if Fat Al was out clubbing last night with that Edelman dude who got arrested for grabbing a female.

"New England Patriots wide receiver Julian Edelman has been charged with indecent assault and battery and is due in Boston Municipal Court Tuesday, according to the office of Suffolk District Attorney Daniel F. Conley.

A Boston police report indicates that Edelman was arrested just after 1:30 a.m. Tuesday for allegedly groping a woman inside a Boston nightclub."

http://espn.go.com/boston/nfl/story/_/id/7176933/new-england-patriots-julian-edelman-arrested-nightclub-incident

I don't know his totals at this point but the fact that at one point in the season vince wilfork had as many interceptions as fatty had tackle makes me smile

2 solo tackles. That's it. Oh, and 38 dozen Dunkin Donuts.

Here's a Halloween treat from The Fan Hub website (click here for full article):

Milk Duds — Albert Haynesworth

The guy has been a bit of a dud thus far, let's be honest. Can he turn it around? I hope so. But I doubt it. (Ed. Note: Even less likely if you start giving him more chocolate covered candy than he already has.)

Maybe the Boston media is starting to wake up on this. Given the success of teams here in recent years, the media are less likely to complain about everything the way they do in DC.

Where is the public lambasting of Bill Belicheat for HIS treatment of Haynesworth?

No ****. And Bill took him WILLINGLY via TRADE. He was already on the Skins when Shanny got here...

but as I heard today, Shanny's the worst coach in the NFL and gonna get fired soon so **** it lol

Albert Haynesworth acknowledged his role in drawing double-teams as a part of the Patriots' recent pass rush success.

"It’s always been like that. I’ve had a lot of pressures, but I’m fine with it. I’m not a greedy person," Haynesworth said. "I always got a lot of pressure and my ends got a lot of sacks." While the Patriots pass rush has improved of late, their secondary and inability to generate consistent pressure remain concerns going forward. DEs Mark Anderson and Andre Carter currently lead the team with 4.5 sacks each.

So can someone please tell then why he had so much ****ing beef with the 3-4 then while getting paid 30x more?

Albert Haynesworth acknowledged his role in drawing double-teams as a part of the Patriots' recent pass rush success.

"It’s always been like that. I’ve had a lot of pressures, but I’m fine with it. I’m not a greedy person," Haynesworth said. "I always got a lot of pressure and my ends got a lot of sacks." While the Patriots pass rush has improved of late, their secondary and inability to generate consistent pressure remain concerns going forward. DEs Mark Anderson and Andre Carter currently lead the team with 4.5 sacks each.

So can someone please tell then why he had so much ****ing beef with the 3-4 then while getting paid 30x more?

You know the answer. Fat Boy is lying thru his teeth. Just trying to justify his bad behavior before, and his becoming just another a role player now.

We got a 2013 5th round draft pick for fat tub of goo, when no other team was willing to make us an offer. Its a stretch to equate a 2013 5th round draft pick for Buttersworth into a heist. I would feel a whole lot better if we had gotten a 2012 4th round pick out of NE for Fat Albert. A 2013 5th round pick might as well be a 2015 7th round pick cuz it aint gonna help us anytime soon.

His production this year is laughable for a 5th rounder for any year.

Six games, three tackles.. hahaaa

2011 New England Patriots 6 0 3 2 1 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2010 Washington Redskins 8 0 16 13 3 2.5 -- 1 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2009 Washington Redskins 12 12 37 29 8 4.0 -- 5 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

2008 Tennessee Titans 14 14 51 41 10 8.5 -- 2 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 3

2007 Tennessee Titans 13 12 40 32 8 6.0 -- 4 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0

And the niceties from the media continue, no hard questions just throwing fluffers at Bill...

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/11/07/patriots-coach-bill-belichick-says-haynesworths-lack-of-playing-time-was-rotational/

Patriots coach Bill Belichick says Haynesworth’s lack of playing time was “rotational”

We discussed earlier how DT Albert Haynesworth didn’t play after the third-quarter touchdown run by Giants RB Brandon Jacobs. And we talked about an animated discussion he had with DL coach Pepper Johnson.

Yet just now, coach Bill Belichick was faced with several questions on the issue, and said it was based on the rotation.

“We had a lot of defensive linemen active, so they played in different rotations,” Belichick said. “Vince (Wilfork) is a guy, obviously, we don’t want off the field, and they can’t all play. One guy plays for a while, somebody else plays, then...”

But for so long…. “It was rotation-related,” Belichick insisted. When I asked if it had to do with the discussion with Johnson, he said all talks are kept private. Seems odd. Would love to know what was said between Haynesworth and Johnson, though.

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 03:26 PM ----------

Yeah, he is pretty rotational, hahahaa

---------- Post added November-7th-2011 at 03:41 PM ----------

http://www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/rap_sheet/index.php/2011/11/07/what-happened-to-dt-albert-haynesworths-playing-time-at-the-end/

What happened to DT Albert Haynesworth’s playing time at the end?

Six minutes into the third period, Giants RB Brandon Jacobs ran up the middle for a 10-yard touchdown that looked too easy. With LB Brandon Spikes injured, DT Albert Haynesworth jumped inside, was handled, and Jacobs ran through (screenshot, right).

It was Haynesworth’s last play. He had shown flashes before that, drawing a holding penalty, for instance. But when the defense was on the field in the fourth quarter, Haynesworth was on the sidelines.

I wonder if the lack of media pressure has anything to do with the fact that (presumably) the Patriots are the third popular team in town, behind the Celtics and Red Sox, and the recent spate of championships that have been one by pretty much every team recently have put everyone in that town in dreamy haze. Maybe MSF could shed some light on that, or anyone else that lives in or near Boston.

One thing I do know is that most other serious sports towns would be all up in his (Bellichik) ass, not only for the Haynesworth mess, but the play of the defense as well.

*Edit, just saw the first post on this page.

Archived