Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No one shows up for T.O.'s workout......

Tom [Giants fan]

I think much of the hullabalooo in Dallas was media generated.

This fight between he and Witten for example.. no one but Ed werder seems to think it ever happened.

I think much of that circus wasn't really his fault.. Wade was not a guy with a grip on the media, and he was as loose a coach as can be. Jerry Jones invites the big lights.

If TO said anything, it was magnified, dissected, bisected, and then after all the analysis, they told us what he was "really saying" a lot.

TO was in a no-win situation in that he had a million microphones i his face every single day, and if he said something it was blown up, and if he didn't say anything, well, lets speculate on what he's NOT saying and WHY he's not saying it.

How do you win like that?

I think that he had to go, because otherwise the storm wasn't going to die down. It did not follow him, simply becuse he isn't as much a lightning rod as the perception, and Buffalo is not the Cowboys. Everything in Dallas is made bigger.

I am also one who really doesn't care if a receiver says "I want the ball". I think players work those things out among themselves, and it did not seem to me that Romo sits to pee ever had a problem spreading the wealth around. More media generated hooey. As long as he's not berating the QB on the sidelines, fine by me. Ask for the ball. Demand the ball. If you get it, do something with it.

Frankly, a receiver who doesn't want the ball and doesn't think he can beat everyone once he has it is pretty much not a guy I want on my squad.

Some are just louder in expressing it.

As the man says.. "WHO can make a play!?"

He can.

Well, he could anyway.

as an aside,, things like this always crack me up.. this site (and every other NFL Fan site) goes absolutely bonkers whenever the media downplays their team,, there's a consensus that they don't know what they're talking about... ESPN is known as joke. ... until it comes to this guy. Suddenly everything Ed Werder says is gospel. Regardless of how many other players deny it, or how many "sources close to the team" ar never named.

Note how many still swear he was the divider in Philly. Now, that's fine to believe, but do the revelations about McNabb over the last two years ever play into the scenario? Particularly what was reported this weekend?

Nope.

Observation: If the media agrees with what Joe Fanboy has already decided, they are not to be questioned... seemingly no matter what further evidence comes to light.

If they don't, they're jocksniffing idiots without the first clue.

~Bang

Great post. :cheers:

The knock on TO... He made comments to the media about a teammate. How will the world go on with such a horrible person. Oddly enough players on all of those teams seemed to absolutely love him. TO is a media created villain. Randy Moss was far worse, he drove around with a metermaid on his hood and openly quit randomly. Haynesworth is far worse (and not half the player). These are actual villains that do bad things instead of speaking thier mind.., the ultimate sin in a world where lying your ass off is considered a value.

It doesn't matter who created the villain. It is what it is and TO is an absolute circus whereever he goes. Do you think that will change if he comes here? It's just not worth it to bring in a 38 year old receiver coming off of major surgery. Even if he is completely back to full health it will take a few weeks for him to become acclimated with the offense and by the time he does get acclimated we will probably be out of the playoff hunt. Personally I would much rather give Niles Paul, Terrance Austin and Leonard Hankerson the minutes that TO would get.

I think much of the hullabalooo in Dallas was media generated.

Overblown? Sure. But a lot of this was T.O.'s doing. The Discovery Channel Jersey and helmet was an attempt to undermine Parcells after Parcells said he wanted him on the field. You don't want hullabaloo? Don't put on a stupid bike jersey and get into a pissing match with Parcells.

It doesn't matter who created the villain. It is what it is and TO is an absolute circus whereever he goes..

except in Buffalo.

Or in Cincinatti.

but hey, don't let those last two stops change the narrative.

TO is bad! Bad!

~Bang

Although I can't stand TO, it's hard to argue against some of the points that Bang is making in here.

A lot of the whispers about McNabb and his attitude/work ethic are starting to come full circle, and it sort of puts that TO fiasco in Philly in somewhat of a different light. The dude is a workaholic on the field, no question. I don' tthink anyone can ever question the mans dedication to the game of football, it's just the fact that he is a straight up headcase at times. I think a team like the Bears could use him though.

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 11:11 AM ----------

except in Buffalo.

Or in Cincinatti.

but hey, don't let those last two stops change the narrative.

TO is bad! Bad!

~Bang

I think the fact that he realizes where he's at at this point in his career, is the reason for that. None of those teams went anywhere, bu tyou never heard a peep from him.

It doesn't matter who created the villain. It is what it is and TO is an absolute circus whereever he goes. Do you think that will change if he comes here? It's just not worth it to bring in a 38 year old receiver coming off of major surgery. Even if he is completely back to full health it will take a few weeks for him to become acclimated with the offense and by the time he does get acclimated we will probably be out of the playoff hunt. Personally I would much rather give Niles Paul, Terrance Austin and Leonard Hankerson the minutes that TO would get.

To be clear, I do not want TO here. Makes no sense at all to bring him here.

LOL, do you mean the two teams that decided they didn't want him anymore after just one year?

All I want him for is the remainder of this year.

Are we now assuming that these two annual cellar dwellers are good decision makers in the personel dept?

Mike Brown knows what he's doing now?

~Bang

Just saw this on Rotoworld:

According to records obtained by TMZ.com, Terrell Owens was rushed to the hospital in early October due to a suicide attempt.

The 911 dispatcher asked Owens' personal assistant if the pill overdose was a suicide attempt. The response was, "Yes, I believe so." T.O. was reportedly talking with his girlfriend or ex-girlfriend prior to the incident, a possible cause. T.O. was hospitalized for a similar incident five years ago amid reports that he attempted suicide by swallowing 35 Vicodin pills. His reps have declined comment on TMZ's report.

All I want him for is the remainder of this year.

Why?

I'd much rather play Austin, Paul and Hankerson the rest of the year instead of Owens...

Are we now assuming that these two annual cellar dwellers are good decision makers in the personel dept?

Mike Brown knows what he's doing now?

~Bang

That only applies if the Bengals and Bills' front offices are doing something that nobody else is doing. But their decision-making on T.O. mirrors every other team's FO decision making in regards to Owens. Not to mention that both the Bills and the Bengals are doing well this season without Owens on the squad...so, yeah, their decision-making in terms of keeping T.O. on the team seems to have been good.

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 11:58 AM ----------

Just saw this on Rotoworld:

We had a thread on that here in the ATN forum not too long ago.

Why?

I'd much rather play Austin, Paul and Hankerson the rest of the year instead of Owens...

That only applies if the Bengals and Bills' front offices are doing something that nobody else is doing. But their decision-making on T.O. mirrors every other team's FO decision making in regards to Owens. Not to mention that both the Bills and the Bengals are doing well this season without Owens on the squad...so, yeah, their decision-making in terms of keeping T.O. on the team seems to have been good.

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 11:58 AM ----------

We had a thread on that here in the ATN forum not too long ago.

Their decison making on Owens has nothing to do with his age?

No circuses.. but an aging player, and two teams notorious for not being too bright when it comes to personel.

I think that he can teach our young receivers a thing or two, and I'm not ready to cash in the season yet. he can help the team.

~Bang

I'm going venture a guess and say his most recent incident with medication is playing a pretty good part in nobody showing immediate interest in T.O.. Could be those that might be interested are thinking long and hard about things before touching the phone.

Their decison making on Owens has nothing to do with his age?

Oh, I'm sure it did have to to with his age...and that was 2 years ago lol :ols:...and I'm sure all the other front offices in the league are looking at his age, too, along with his injury.

No circuses.. but an aging player, and two teams notorious for not being too bright when it comes to personel.

I think that he can teach our young receivers a thing or two, and I'm not ready to cash in the season yet. he can help the team.

~Bang

Again, they both seem to be doing well this year...and they are hardly the only front offices avoiding having Owens on their roster.

I, too, am not ready to cash in the season...and there IS some value to the Skins having a player with T.O.'s skills on the field, even at 38. But it's not gonna really play a significant role in how the season eventually pans out in my mind. And after seeing Paul playing against the Panthers I'm ready to see more of our young WRs. And like others have said, I'm not sure how much Owens can "teach" anyone. He doesn't seem the mentor-type lol...

~Bang

He can teach young players how to be selfish douchebags. I don't want him anywhere near our team.

---------- Post added October-27th-2011 at 04:37 PM ----------

TO Workout 2005:

terrell-owens-sit-ups_display_image_display_image.jpg?1281493573

TO Workout 2011:

87703340.jpg

He can teach young players how to be selfish douchebags. I don't want him anywhere near our team.

as an aside,, things like this always crack me up.. this site (and every other NFL Fan site) goes absolutely bonkers whenever the media downplays their team,, there's a consensus that they don't know what they're talking about... ESPN is known as joke. ... until it comes to this guy. Suddenly everything Ed Werder says is gospel. Regardless of how many other players deny it, or how many "sources close to the team" ar never named.

Note how many still swear he was the divider in Philly. Now, that's fine to believe, but do the revelations about McNabb over the last two years ever play into the scenario? Particularly what was reported this weekend?

Nope.

Observation: If the media agrees with what Joe Fanboy has already decided, they are not to be questioned... seemingly no matter what further evidence comes to light.

~Bang

Thanks for proving my point again.

You also give a prime example with the photo you choose...

he sure looks like a douche sitting there on the couch reading a newspaper.

How do you read a paper so you don't look like a douche?

Miles Austin would disagree with his not being able to teach.

~Bang

Thanks for proving my point again.

You also give a prime example with the photo you choose...

he sure looks like a douche sitting there on the couch reading a newspaper.

How do you read a paper so you don't look like a douche?

Miles Austin would disagree with his not being able to teach.

~Bang

So would a guy like Stevie Johnson in Buffalo, who credits T.O. with him improving so much in his game.

So would a guy like Stevie Johnson in Buffalo, who credits T.O. with him improving so much in his game.

An undrafted fee agent and a 7th round pick benefitting from a potential hall of fame player with 14 years of NFL experience at the highest level?

No way, dude.

~Bang

TO is probably toast at this point in his career. And now he has things like "Terrell Owens incident earlier this month reportedly a possible suicide attempt" this floating around also - so you have physical problems, relationship problems, and mental problems to deal with if you decide to bring him into your locker room. TO doesn't strike me as coaching material, thus it is unlikely any of your younger players would learn much in the way to technique from him.

TO is probably toast at this point in his career. And now he has things like "Terrell Owens incident earlier this month reportedly a possible suicide attempt" this floating around also - so you have physical problems, relationship problems, and mental problems to deal with if you decide to bring him into your locker room. TO doesn't strike me as coaching material, thus it is unlikely any of your younger players would learn much in the way to technique from him.

He doesn't strike YOU as coaching material, and yet in the last two posts directly above yours two players who were draft day afterthoughts have been mentioned who both credit them with helping their careers.

I repeat:

Originally Posted by Bang

Nope.

~Bang

~Ba.. ah the hell with it.

Archived