Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No one shows up for T.O.'s workout......

Tom [Giants fan]

NFL | No teams watching Terrell Owens

Tue, 25 Oct 2011 11:50:12 -0700

No NFL teams were in attendance for the start of free-agent WR Terrell Owens' (Bengals) workout Tuesday, Oct. 25. His agent, Drew Rosenhaus, suggested that the Tennessee Titans are interested in his client, but Titans head coach Mike Munchak downplayed that idea.

Despite all the problems that come with this guy, this news surprises me. He came off a season where he showed he could still produce.

G 14 / Rec 72 / Yds 983 / TDs 9

I wouldn't want him on the Redskins, for obvious reasons, but you'd think somebody would've given him a shot...

---------- Post added October-25th-2011 at 03:24 PM ----------

I could use him on my fantasy team. Maybe I'll go pick him up just in case.

Saw some of the video, TO looked in excellent shape and looked like he was moving well. I don't think it is any indication that no teams have shown up. Video is enough because you already know what he brings to the table, just enough confirmation that he is healthy is all that is really needed. He had almost 1000 yards and 9 TD's last season. I still think he has some milage left.

Means nothing. Teams know that by going to that workout, they would cause all kinds of controversy for their teams. TO is going to be on a team, this season.

:helmet:

So you're saying that merely going to his workout will cause a lot of controversy...but actually signing him will not? :ols:

Ain't nothing wrong with TO, dude is a baller, just treat him like a man and he'll go out and produce. He was good in Dallas, Buffalo, and Cincy yet everyone wants to talk about Philly after the Eagles went back on thief word and would not sign him to a long term deal. just business that's all just business.

Ain't nothing wrong with TO, dude is a baller, just treat him like a man and he'll go out and produce. He was good in Dallas, Buffalo, and Cincy yet everyone wants to talk about Philly after the Eagles went back on thief word and would not sign him to a long term deal. just business that's all just business.

LOL, TO doesn't want to be treated like a man. He wants to be treated like the center of the universe. He threw his QB under the bus in San Fran. He threw his QB under the bus in Philly and he threw his QB under the bus in Dallas. He didn't have time in either Buffalo and Cincinnati but he would have. This is a 38 year old WR coming off of major surgery. Guys this age are only around to help show the young guys how to do things right. You have to hand it to him that he has an awesome work ethic and comes to play but he's an absolute nightmare for coaches and QBs. I hope to God the Redskins don't sign this clown.

Jeez, he left SF almost ten years ago. No one ever said anything stupid in their 20s?

His QB in Philly may very well have been the one doing the throwing. Didn't TO intimate that Donovan was unwilling to share his star? Petty jealousy,, can we put this above Mr. MeNabb?

Guess what. One of those two showed up off a major injury weeks before he should have and played his ass off in that Super Bowl, and the other one didn't, and ended up blowing the game by being out of condition and tired at the end of the game. One showed up for his team. The other let them down.

51 other guys watched Donovan McNabb wheeze away their shot at a Super Bowl. They don't come very often.

Given all the other BS surrounding Philly, and what we now know about mcNabb, how anyone can trust him or take his side in anything without just a little doubt is baffling.

One guy has been made into a "Me" guy by the media, and the other one has proven to be exactly that through his actions.

He looked good in his workout. Strong. There was speculation he'd wear long pants to hide atrophy in his leg, but he didn't and it looks as strong as ever.

Wouldn't hurt me at all to see him here. we have young players who can benefit from his ability.

But I think he's a Raider if he's anywhere.

~Bang

Jeez, he left SF almost ten years ago. No one ever said anything stupid in their 20s?

His QB in Philly may very well have been the one doing the throwing. Didn't TO intimate that Donovan was unwilling to share his star? Petty jealousy,, can we put this above Mr. MeNabb?

Guess what. One of those two showed up off a major injury weeks before he should have and played his ass off in that Super Bowl, and the other one didn't, and ended up blowing the game by being out of condition and tired at the end of the game. One showed up for his team. The other let them down.

51 other guys watched Donovan McNabb wheeze away their shot at a Super Bowl. They don't come very often.

Given all the other BS surrounding Philly, and what we now know about mcNabb, how anyone can trust him or take his side in anything without just a little doubt is baffling.

One guy has been made into a "Me" guy by the media, and the other one has proven to be exactly that through his actions.

He looked good in his workout. Strong. There was speculation he'd wear long pants to hide atrophy in his leg, but he didn't and it looks as strong as ever.

Wouldn't hurt me at all to see him here. we have young players who can benefit from his ability.

~Bang

While you make excellent points, you fail to mention his time in Dallas. Perhaps the spotlight of the media on Dallas combined with a Stay Puft as a coach was too much for the immature Dallas team? (I think we can all agree that the majority of the Cowboys have been underachievers over the last 5 years or so).

I do lend some credence to the fact that he helped divide the Boys locker room. In my opinion, the division started when T.O.'s skills started to decline.

The guy is a joke at this point in his career... He has caused the the locker room to deteriorate into factions at every single team he has been part of to date. If you invite him in you are consciously choosing to introduce a splinting factor into your team and the last I had heard this is a team sport. Nothing good will or can come of that decision as it has been proven over and over again.

Bang.... He is now old, has bad hands, does not run good routes and does not do well when the ball is not coming his direction the majority of the time... with our QB situation who will be getting him the ball... does that make any sense here?

Hail!

---------- Post added October-26th-2011 at 01:51 PM ----------

:ols: Agreed on the signing if Al was still around!

Oh that Arena League thing is hilarious! His ego would be to big for that size arena though :D

While you make excellent points, you fail to mention his time in Dallas. Perhaps the spotlight of the media on Dallas combined with a Stay Puft as a coach was too much for the immature Dallas team? (I think we can all agree that the majority of the Cowboys have been underachievers over the last 5 years or so).

I do lend some credence to the fact that he helped divide the Boys locker room. In my opinion, the division started when T.O.'s skills started to decline.

I think much of the hullabalooo in Dallas was media generated.

This fight between he and Witten for example.. no one but Ed werder seems to think it ever happened.

I think much of that circus wasn't really his fault.. Wade was not a guy with a grip on the media, and he was as loose a coach as can be. Jerry Jones invites the big lights.

If TO said anything, it was magnified, dissected, bisected, and then after all the analysis, they told us what he was "really saying" a lot.

TO was in a no-win situation in that he had a million microphones i his face every single day, and if he said something it was blown up, and if he didn't say anything, well, lets speculate on what he's NOT saying and WHY he's not saying it.

How do you win like that?

I think that he had to go, because otherwise the storm wasn't going to die down. It did not follow him, simply becuse he isn't as much a lightning rod as the perception, and Buffalo is not the Cowboys. Everything in Dallas is made bigger.

I am also one who really doesn't care if a receiver says "I want the ball". I think players work those things out among themselves, and it did not seem to me that Romo sits to pee ever had a problem spreading the wealth around. More media generated hooey. As long as he's not berating the QB on the sidelines, fine by me. Ask for the ball. Demand the ball. If you get it, do something with it.

Frankly, a receiver who doesn't want the ball and doesn't think he can beat everyone once he has it is pretty much not a guy I want on my squad.

Some are just louder in expressing it.

As the man says.. "WHO can make a play!?"

He can.

Well, he could anyway.

as an aside,, things like this always crack me up.. this site (and every other NFL Fan site) goes absolutely bonkers whenever the media downplays their team,, there's a consensus that they don't know what they're talking about... ESPN is known as joke. ... until it comes to this guy. Suddenly everything Ed Werder says is gospel. Regardless of how many other players deny it, or how many "sources close to the team" ar never named.

Note how many still swear he was the divider in Philly. Now, that's fine to believe, but do the revelations about McNabb over the last two years ever play into the scenario? Particularly what was reported this weekend?

Nope.

Observation: If the media agrees with what Joe Fanboy has already decided, they are not to be questioned... seemingly no matter what further evidence comes to light.

If they don't, they're jocksniffing idiots without the first clue.

~Bang

~Bang

It appears that Drew Rosenhaus has hacked Bang's account. Mods might want to look into it.

The knock on TO... He made comments to the media about a teammate. How will the world go on with such a horrible person. Oddly enough players on all of those teams seemed to absolutely love him. TO is a media created villain. Randy Moss was far worse, he drove around with a metermaid on his hood and openly quit randomly. Haynesworth is far worse (and not half the player). These are actual villains that do bad things instead of speaking thier mind.., the ultimate sin in a world where lying your ass off is considered a value.

Archived