Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Visual Evidence Why London is a BEAST and Landry is NOT.

rookieskin

This is the clip of London's "Superman" hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LHNuSLOXTbY

Stop the video at 09.

London is half a step ahead of Landry.

London takes, about 8-9 Very determined, very committed steps to the .11 mark where he participates in the hit on Newtonman.

Landry takes 4 steps and pulls up. GIVES UP ON THE PLAY!! GRRRR

Let's not even talk about #52 McIntosh. If I was coach, he would be riding pine next week.

Now granted, London has the vision, and Landry has just made a cut, but they are step for step the first 3 steps that Landry takes. If anything, he comes into the play a half-step behing London, however if our 20something yr old safety is not able to catch up to our 50something year old LB than I am all for letting him walk after the end of this season as well.

Ok all that to say, Great Effort and Fire Grandpa Fletcher!

Cmmmmon Landry. You can do better that that!

This is the clip of London's "Superman" hit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=LHNuSLOXTbY

Stop the video at 09.

London is half a step ahead of Landry.

London takes, about 8-9 Very determined, very committed steps to the .11 mark where he participates in the hit on Newtonman.

Landry takes 4 steps and pulls up. GIVES UP ON THE PLAY!! GRRRR

Let's not even talk about #52 McIntosh. If I was coach, he would be riding pine next week.

Now granted, London has the vision, and Landry has just made a cut, but they are step for step the first 3 steps that Landry takes. If anything, he comes into the play a half-step behing London, however if our 20something yr old safety is not able to catch up to our 50something year old LB than I am all for letting him walk after the end of this season as well.

Ok all that to say, Great Effort and Fire Grandpa Fletcher!

Cmmmmon Landry. You can do better that that!

Seriously Landry and Fletcher are the least of our worries on D. LaRon has been balling since he has been back in the lineup.

fletch probably just saw it sooner and had the better beat, landry wasnt gonna make it there so there was no reason for him to burn over there. and mcintosh had no chance of getting there.

not too sure what youre pointing out. all this shows was that fletch was the first to recognize and react. good play by him, but doesnt make the other two somehow bad?

Uh...Landry is no where near Newton. By time Landry can make his way over there, D-Hall has already laid the hit on Newton; London just finishes was D-Hall already finished, and seeing as though London was right in front of Landry, Landry would've run straight into at least one of the four-or-five teammates that were around the ball.

To be honest, London's lucky he wasn't flagged for a late hit. It was right on the border line.

Ok watched it several times.:07 Landry is in coverage. He makes a cut back to the left and pursues London is not and sees the play develop faster for obvious reasons. He gets the 3 steps on Laron and makes the play. Laron would have not got there in time so he pulls up. You expect him to hit Cam regardless huh? Typical. As for Rocky, he seems to be spying Cam and makes a very lazy effort to job to the sideline. But perhaps coving the inside move if Cam made one. Clearly London was there as well as Hall.

I think your reaching a bit on this one bud.

Beem saying for a long time now that Landry is over-rated by 'skins fans. The way people praise him and call him a "beast" you would think he would at least make one impact play a game, but he's pretty much disappeared the last two weeks. I don't want to hear about how the whole defense disappeared either. The way people rave about Landry and call him an "elite" safety you would expect more from him.

I don't think he has the football acumen to be an elite safety. He has all the tools, but he needs a little more upstairs.

Ok to clarify why I see a major difference with London and Landry.

At this point in the game it is 0-0.

London can see both 23 and 72 converging on Newton yet he accellerates to the play and even gets the stop.

If London is not there, Newton Maybe makes a TD.

My issue is not with how the play unfolded or that London made a questionable hit or not. (I don't wee how that is questionable, and I don't see Landry getting flagged for a late hit, although at the 2 yard line, I would rather take the flag and the first, than allow Newton to score)

My issue is that Landry GIVES UP and starts Jogging PRIOR to the play being complete.

London is pedal to the metal the entire play, regardless of the other players around to "help out".

London don't care if he is "Helping out" or "Laying the hit-stick" or whatever, he is just getting over to the ball as fast as he can to stop a TD from being scored.

You can see Landry's thought processs, "Gotta get there....naah, they got him...jog into play."

If you are going to pull up and stop, you might as well turn around and head back to the huddle.

Rocky looked like he was headed to the huddle from the begininng of the play!

I understand that Landry was covering, but he broke off, and was obviously headed to the play, and pulled up on it.

There was no pull-up for Fletcher.

Maybe I am seeing things that aren't there, but in my little mind, that is what seperates London from Landry, and why I believe London is Irreplacable at this point.

This is not really a knock on Landry, he is very good, and I would love to see him stay a skin and be a regular prowl-bowler for a long time, but I HATE seeing guys jogging prior to the whistle blowing.

---------- Post added October-24th-2011 at 12:59 PM ----------

Oh, and by-the-way, I LOVE the effort #32 BRANDYN THOMPSON makes on the play, even though he bites on the head-fake and misses the tackle.

so according to the OP, we're going to let Landry walk, over a non play? The play exist on tape, but your theory is lame at best.

regardless of any performances in practice and in the film room, according to the OP, we should let Landry walk, for a non play. Great thinking there, bud.

so according to the OP, we're going to let Landry walk, over a non play? The play exist on tape, but your theory is lame at best.

regardless of any performances in practice and in the film room, according to the OP, we should let Landry walk, for a non play. Great thinking there, bud.

Where did I say we should let Landry walk?

My theory is that this is visible evidence why London is The Real Beast, and Landry is not.

Beem saying for a long time now that Landry is over-rated by 'skins fans. The way people praise him and call him a "beast" you would think he would at least make one impact play a game, but he's pretty much disappeared the last two weeks. I don't want to hear about how the whole defense disappeared either. The way people rave about Landry and call him an "elite" safety you would expect more from him.

I don't think he has the football acumen to be an elite safety. He has all the tools, but he needs a little more upstairs.

So glad this was posted. Most overrated Skin's player by Skin's fans.

Archived