Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There is NO QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY!!! REX IS GROSS.........REALLY GROSS.... MAN!!

sharkproof

The Grossman hatters have been hoping for this day...... LOL

Yep, life under center must be great when 2 key o-lineman go down, along with cooley..... This leads to ABSOLUTELY no run game, and then the defense just sits back and waits for you to throw it. I do think Rex played horrible today, but threads like this are also gross man! The first pick he threw hit sleepy in the helmet, you expect your gamers to go up and make a play, but at least not let the other team come down with it. The rest of the picks were just poor decisions though..... but like I said, the defense knew he would be throwing, we couldn’t run it.

Oh really? Excuse my ignorance but why did the Eagles seemed very much lost when Beck came in nice and cold and got the job done? Were they playing the run then? Don't get me wrong I am not saying Beck is Brandy in drag but come on man, 4 INTs? Not to mention Beck had at least 3 drops on him that would have probably gotten us with a chance for a tie (not to mention give the D a little rest). When you throw INTs particulary THAT MANY it not only gives opportunities to your opponent but kills your D because by the middle of the 4th they are dead tired. We saw that on the last series of the Beagles didn't we.

Rex has been trending downward every week. He hasn't even been streaky. He's been steadily getting worse.
And in spite of all that, "Career Backup" John Beck storms down the field and puts 6 on the board.
Grossman was TERRIBLE BEYOND BELIEF today.
Oh really? Excuse my ignorance but why did the Eagles seemed very much lost when Beck came in nice and cold and got the job done? Were they playing the run then? Don't get me wrong I am not saying Beck is Brandy in drag but come on man, 4 INTs? Not to mention Beck had at least 3 drops on him that would have probably gotten us with a chance for a tie (not to mention give the D a little rest). When you throw INTs particulary THAT MANY it not only gives opportunities to your opponent but kills your D because by the middle of the 4th they are dead tired. We saw that on the last series of the Beagles didn't we.

Im not saying Beck didn’t play well today. He did lead the team to one good drive..... I am interested to go back and watch the game again, to see if the eagles defense played Beck differently, my guess is they did. Either way, Grossman did play horrible today, but it wasn’t all his fault. As I stated my opinion earlier in this thread, and got jumped on for it. People get so excited over picks..... Brady had a four pick game this year, and he already has one today. He is one of the best QB's ever...... its part of the game

I wanted to believe in Rex but let's face it, this guy is terrible. Watching him during the press conference, he lost all of the confidence he had earlier in the season. He's gotten worst every week and today's game was it. Grossman made questionable decision weeks before the injuries to the OL and Cooley. This was going to happen. Today was the day.

<<skins2victory>>

<<Im not saying Beck didn’t play well today. He did lead the team to one good drive..... I am interested to go back and watch the game again, to see if the eagles defense played Beck differently, my guess is they did. Either way, Grossman did play horrible today, but it wasn’t all his fault. As I stated my opinion earlier in this thread, and got jumped on for it. People get so excited over picks..... Brady had a four pick game this year, and he already has one today. He is one of the best QB's ever...... its part of the game >>

I don't think Rex and Tom belong in the same paragraph... or sentence or same game. Sure Brady can have a bad game... once a year maybe or three...

INT's are part of the game....

Just some QB's it's a bigger part of their game... Look at Brady's TD to INT ratio.... Look at Rex's... Not even close.

When it's that big a part of your game INT's that is... time to find other work.

<<skins2victory>>

<<Im not saying Beck didn’t play well today. He did lead the team to one good drive..... I am interested to go back and watch the game again, to see if the eagles defense played Beck differently, my guess is they did. Either way, Grossman did play horrible today, but it wasn’t all his fault. As I stated my opinion earlier in this thread, and got jumped on for it. People get so excited over picks..... Brady had a four pick game this year, and he already has one today. He is one of the best QB's ever...... its part of the game >>

I don't think Rex and Tom belong in the same paragraph... or sentence or same game. Sure Brady can have a bad game... once a year maybe or three...

INT's are part of the game....

Just some QB's it's a bigger part of their game... Look at Brady's TD to INT ratio.... Look at Rex's... Not even close.

When it's that big a part of your game INT's that is... time to find other work.

Im not saying that Rex is Brady.... LOL, still laughing at that. My point was QB's do have bad games, thats how this NFL thing goes sometimes. And the best ones like Brady even have there horrible days. Either way you look at it, almost every good, great, spectacular QB's have bad games. Rex played bad today, have 4 picks...... but so do others! Usually when this happeneds the QB dosent deserve all the blame.... and I feel it is the same way today, the blame needs to be shared!!

Im not saying Beck didn’t play well today. He did lead the team to one good drive..... I am interested to go back and watch the game again, to see if the eagles defense played Beck differently, my guess is they did. Either way, Grossman did play horrible today, but it wasn’t all his fault. As I stated my opinion earlier in this thread, and got jumped on for it. People get so excited over picks..... Brady had a four pick game this year, and he already has one today. He is one of the best QB's ever...... its part of the game

Grossman singlehandly prevented this team from competing today.

As soon as he threw the second INT down by the goal line he should have been pulled. We had all the momentum. Atogwe got the pick on the 1 and we punted, but the Skins had the momentum. Then D Hall got the second pick and I honestly thought we were going to win. Then Rex throws the worst INT of the day and we gave it all back to the Eagles.

Grossman singlehandly prevented this team from competing today.

Thats usually what happeneds when 4 picks are thrown...... You can pobably say the same for all the qb's that have had 4 picks in a game. As I said before even Brady had a 4 pick game this year, and yes they lost, weird..... I am not saying that Rex didnt play horrible today, becasue he did...... All I am saying is Rex was NOT THE ONLY problem, the shake up on the o-line did not help the situation. And that all qb's have these type of days.... Its not a new thing for a qb to have a bad day like this

His last pick was terrible and was rightly benched, but pick three was Davis' fault. You can clearly see Davis was supposed to move in but instead he kept on drifting. I wish people would actually pay attention instead of blindly bashing Rex.

I agree..... He should have been benched, it was time to see if Beck could get a spark. But ya pick three might have been Davis's fault. But even more than that, pick one hit sleepy in the helmet. He comes down with that ball its a TD, and a whole new game. The ball either rolls your way or it rolls away, its called getting bad breaks!!

I said before the season started that we were probably about a .500 team, and a team that's rebuilding and headed in the right direction, but that Rome wasn't built in a day, and that we'll eventually draft a QB when the situation is right.

After 5 games, here we are: about .500, headed in the right direction, but without a long-term solution at QB. It's a shame - almost - that we aren't bad enough to be in the Luck hunt, but if Aaron Rodgers can fall to nearly the 2nd round, then there's still hope that we can find a QB with our 1st round pick next year.

I also predicted three things for today: Skins would lose, that we'd lose a starter for 6-8 weeks due to an injury, and that we'd see a flea-flicker from our offense. Stock market picks for the week, coming soon...

Im not saying that Rex is Brady.... LOL, still laughing at that. My point was QB's do have bad games, thats how this NFL thing goes sometimes. And the best ones like Brady even have there horrible days. Either way you look at it, almost every good, great, spectacular QB's have bad games. Rex played bad today, have 4 picks...... but so do others! Usually when this happeneds the QB dosent deserve all the blame.... and I feel it is the same way today, the blame needs to be shared!!

I concur that QB's at times have terrible games... even the best or greatest. However, the bar is really much lower as far as Gross man is concerned. If he has a really good game it's unusual, and the last few weeks prove that point. He's rarely going to single handedly go out and carry the team as has Brady and other elites. Don't misconstrue that I'm inferring that you are saying Gross man is in that category, but at least with the top tier when you get a bad game (4 picks) you have the upside which is much better than Rex can give on a regular basis. Rex is not even a very good game manager. He looks constantly like he's a "deer in the headlights" even when he's succeeding. I honestly never feel comfortable watching him play which is something that I don't see in many QB's. This is why I say he's not even a game manager, because many times even the underneath stuff looks daunting. Hey, maybe it's just me... but the guy just doesn't look comfortable back there. Joe T. was capable imho, but not elite, but a very good game manager. Sure he had bad games, but he never seemed overwhelmed like Rex does. The stats are the story here in one way, and then there is that intangible as far as leadership goes, and I don't think he possess that either. I can't say much about Beck, but Rex certainly isn't going to be the answer. I'd stick with Beck based just on the fact that he will make the game more difficult to game plan for, for our opponents

Thats usually what happeneds when 4 picks are thrown...... You can pobably say the same for all the qb's that have had 4 picks in a game. As I said before even Brady had a 4 pick game this year, and yes they lost, weird..... I am not saying that Rex didnt play horrible today, becasue he did...... All I am saying is Rex was NOT THE ONLY problem, the shake up on the o-line did not help the situation. And that all qb's have these type of days.... Its not a new thing for a qb to have a bad day like this

So, what you are saying is leave Rex in as the starter against Carolina, expecting him to play better than today [ which would be kinda hard to not do], then say "look, he's getting better.

Rex never was and never will be decent; he had 1 good game against the Giants, and since has progressively gotten worse. Yes, Beck prob isn't the answer, but at least its not been PROVEN ON THE FIELD YET, as it has with Rex. Blame receivers, sure, go ahead, but there are other receivers on the field, which he never looks to. Ultimately blame falls on Rex, and its time to move on, even if it does break Kyle's heart...

Probably the worst QB performance since Hasselbeck in 03. Had to go to pull his stats...

6-26 56yds 4int 0.0 rating

Grossman today...

9-22 143yds 4int 23.7 rating

Heath Shuler 95...

1-5 4yds 2int 0.0 rating

God when can the Redskins get a FRANCHISE QB??? I love pro-football-reference.com.. :pfft:

No doubt, this was the absolute worst QB performance I have ever witnessed. The Eagles gave us plenty of opportunities to get back and win this game. When the D-Hall interception happened, I was like, this is going to be a great comeback victory, When Grossman threw that interception, I was screaming saying no way, he just did that!!!!!!!!!!! I usually will try and look at all the factors that went into bad QB play, but there is just no justification for his performance today, especially after he had two weeks to prepare. Sorry Rex, no excuse!!!! You absolutely emabarrassed us as a team, organization, coaches, and fans!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived