Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

There is NO QUARTERBACK CONTROVERSY!!! REX IS GROSS.........REALLY GROSS.... MAN!!

sharkproof

Im not saying that Rex is Brady.... LOL, still laughing at that. My point was QB's do have bad games, thats how this NFL thing goes sometimes. And the best ones like Brady even have there horrible days. Either way you look at it, almost every good, great, spectacular QB's have bad games. Rex played bad today, have 4 picks...... but so do others! Usually when this happeneds the QB dosent deserve all the blame.... and I feel it is the same way today, the blame needs to be shared!!

If Rex ever starts a game after today, I just won't watch. I will wish him luck ( and imho he needs a lot of it) but I won't watch. It's just too unnerving. Like working for the bomb squad.... never knowing if it's gonna blow up any second.

I didn't need to see him under center for the Skins to know how bad he is. I don't know how anyone can stick up for this idiot! I don't care what anyone says, we won 3 games despite Rex, not because of him!!! Every time I talked about the game last week, I mentioned about how Rex could lose it for us. I sure as hell didn't need to see the 4th pick to know how bad he is either.....I just kept thinking how many picks will it take to bench this guy? Well, the answer was 4 interceptions and not enough time on the clock to repair the damage caused by Rex!

If Rex ever starts a game after today, I just won't watch. I will wish him luck ( and imho he needs a lot of it) but I won't watch. It's just too unnerving. Like working for the bomb squad.... never knowing if it's gonna blow up any second.

That really shows your true colors. I am a skins fan and have watched every game for the past 6 years, and will watch every skins game untill I am put 6 feet under. Even at that time, I really hope there is an after life so I can continue rooting for my team. Its early in the year and Rex has us at 3-2, and still in the hunt. The guy had a bad day, a very bad day at that, but it shouldnt lead to "the sky is falling". Then we get these people that say they wouldnt even watch the team that they claim to support if Rex is under center. Throw in your team card for that statment.......

My True colors cost me 340 bucks a year to watch it on Directv, much more when I fly back to watch games live from the west coast. I've been watching Redskins games since the late 60's and have never abandoned the team, but watching Rex throw away what could be the first promising season that we've had in a long time... Sorry, not for me. Yesterday, wasn't an abberation, it was a continuation of what he's been doing for the last 4 games. Rex to me is too frustrating to watch at this point. Maybe I'll just hit the pause button and fast forward lest he does something different, which I find highly unlikely based on his history.

INT's have been abundant this year for several QBs. Problem is all the good QBs are throwing more TD's than INT's. I'd probably give Rex another try. Beck was throwing twenty yard passes in the dirt. Rex was 3-1 before yesterday's unraveling. The Iggle's aren't a bad team. I, for one, was not very pleased with the offensive play calling. How about more than 6 run attempts in a half? Where was the WR screen? Thank God our defense played good the first half and great the second half. We can get well on Carolina if we don't turn it over.

Brady had a four pick game this year, and he already has one today. He is one of the best QB's ever...... its part of the game

You do realize that Brady is held to a much different standard then Rex Grossman right? You clearly understand that one is a first ballot HOF'er and a top 5 QB to EVER play the game right? If you do then you should clearly understand why there is no QB controversy in NE and there is one here. Brady has a a bad game one maybe two times a year, Rex Grossman on the other hand is not Tom Brady to be polite. Not saying I think Beck is the answer but please lets stay in the realm of reality when defending Grossman.

Rex stats as Skins QB under the great Kyle Shanahan are...

55.7 comp percentage

13 TD's

13 INT's

6 Fumbles Lost

You do realize that Brady is held to a much different standard then Rex Grossman right? You clearly understand that one is a first ballot HOF'er and a top 5 QB to EVER play the game right? If you do then you should clearly understand why there is no QB controversy in NE and there is one here. Brady has a a bad game one maybe two times a year, Rex Grossman on the other hand is not Tom Brady to be polite. Not saying I think Beck is the answer but please lets stay in the realm of reality when defending Grossman.

Rex stats as Skins QB under the great Kyle Shanahan are...

55.7 comp percentage

13 TD's

13 INT's

6 Fumbles Lost

I dont care what the standard is.... No Rex is not Brady..... But people have bad games, it dosent matter if you won superbowls or not, it happends. You give a guy like Rex one more chance to see if he can redeem himself. If it were Brady, then he gets alot more than one more chance, that is the difference.

I dont care what the standard is.... No Rex is not Brady..... But people have bad games, it dosent matter if you won superbowls or not, it happends. You give a guy like Rex one more chance to see if he can redeem himself. If it were Brady, then he gets alot more than one more chance, that is the difference.

Rex has been a question mark for the last few games due to his play. The benching, and previous continual questions are a result of not just this most recent game, but the prior two. Rex has been shaky for the better part of the season so far. Shanny stuck with him based on our previous win stating that though Rex was shaky we go the win and that is the ultimate measuring stick. Yesterday, was obviously too much. Whether or not that results in a temporary switch, or a permanent one remains to be seen. If there is a switch much of the future decisions will be based on what Beck does or does not do to help the team, and how he performs overall. This debate wasn't born yesterday, but rather came to a head yesterday. Brady, Manning et al are given the ball regardless of a poor game, because their overall performance is at a high caliber that results in wins and post season runs. Rex had one season in Chicago where he went to the Superbowl and certainly is an accomplishment but even then was more than prone for turning over the ball. His lifetime stats are

Comp....Att... Pct....Yds....Avg....TD....Int...Sacked...SckYds ..... QBRate....RushingAtt.....Yds....Avg....TD....FUM...Lost

690....1,269....54.4...8,213...6.5....46....49.....76........... 577............70.4............71............... 98.....1.4..... 3.......26 ......16

Based on these stats he's lucky he's still playing, much more starting. He's a journeyman QB at best.

His QB rating for the last two games is 22.8

There is a trend here and that much is undeniable.

I dont care what the standard is....

You lost me there. I guess you don't understand the difference.

You don't seem to understand that Rex has had one more chance, that's why he's on the Redskins and not the Bears because he ran out of chances. That's why Houston didn't cry when he left. That's why we were the only team that called Rex during the FA period. That's why when he's done here his career will be over.

Rex has been a question mark for the last few games due to his play. The benching, and previous continual questions are a result of not just this most recent game, but the prior two. Rex has been shaky for the better part of the season so far. Shanny stuck with him based on our previous win stating that though Rex was shaky we go the win and that is the ultimate measuring stick. Yesterday, was obviously too much. Whether or not that results in a temporary switch, or a permanent one remains to be seen. If there is a switch much of the future decisions will be based on what Beck does or does not do to help the team, and how he performs overall. This debate wasn't born yesterday, but rather came to a head yesterday. Brady, Manning et al are given the ball regardless of a poor game, because their overall performance is at a high caliber that results in wins and post season runs. Rex had one season in Chicago where he went to the Superbowl and certainly is an accomplishment but even then was more than prone for turning over the ball. His lifetime stats are

Comp Att Pct Yds Avg TD Int Sacked SckYds QBRate RushingAtt Yds Avg TD FUM Lost 690 1,269 54.4 8,213 6.5 46 49 76 577 70.4 71 98 1.4 3 26 16

Based on these stats he's lucky he's still playing, much more starting. He's a journeyman QB at best.

His QB rating for the last two games is 22.8

There is a trend here and that much is undeniable.

The only stats that will be remembered when this year is over is WINS and LOSSES.... Rex has the skins at 3-2 and very much in the hunt for the playoffs. Im fine with that. The Giants are at the top, and have a bye week this week. Rex beat the giants, and if he starts and gets another win, then we will be at the top again after this week. Dosent sound like a panic situation to me yet.

---------- Post added October-17th-2011 at 04:05 PM ----------

You lost me there. I guess you don't understand the difference.

You don't seem to understand that Rex has had one more chance, that's why he's on the Redskins and not the Bears because he ran out of chances. That's why Houston didn't cry when he left. That's why we were the only team that called Rex during the FA period. That's why when he's done here his career will be over.

The redskins dont have Cutler or Matt..... Thats why they let him go. There wasnt a ton of options for the skins at the position. The redskins picked Grossman to be our starter this year. You roll with that when you still have a good chance at the playoffs, before you go changing everything and act like the "sky is falling". Its not, a win this week and we are back on top the east, the giants, who Rex beat is on a bye.

Had Rex played as he did against the Giants the last two plus games we wouldn't be having this debate. That is the point. How many shaky games does Brady have in a row... NFL seasons are short and every game counts more than in any sport. I'm not a Rex hater, just don't think at this point he's got his game together and it's showing up on the field.

Had Rex played as he did against the Giants the last two plus games we wouldn't be having this debate. That is the point. How many shaky games does Brady have in a row... NFL seasons are short and every game counts more than in any sport. I'm not a Rex hater, just don't think at this point he's got his game together and it's showing up on the field.

Clearly a 4 pick game is going to skew the numbers, especially when there has only been 5 games. This just goes back to Rex isn’t the only QB that has had a HORRIBLE day. Find me one QB that hasn’t had one day like this. Already this year Brady and Vick have had a 4 pick day, it is not as uncommon as a lot of people on here make it sound. I feel like Sunday should be an all or nothing day for Grossman, because he is not Brady, and has not had spectacular game to get passes on these horrible days. He should be given one more shot to see if he can redeem himself. If not, then go another direction, but its too soon to start changing everything, when a win this Sunday puts us back on top of the east.

Clearly a 4 pick game is going to skew the numbers, especially when there has only been 5 games. This just goes back to Rex isn’t the only QB that has had a HORRIBLE day. Find me one QB that hasn’t had one day like this. Already this year Brady and Vick have had a 4 pick day, it is not as uncommon as a lot of people on here make it sound. I feel like Sunday should be an all or nothing day for Grossman, because he is not Brady, and has not had spectacular game to get passes on these horrible days. He should be given one more shot to see if he can redeem himself. If not, then go another direction, but its too soon to start changing everything, when a win this Sunday puts us back on top of the east.

I think that Beck gets the nod for the next game. Shanny seemed to be leaning this way in his comments about Beck practicing last week and his views on Moss' support of Grossman, stating "Players should always be supportive of their teammates regardless of where they are on the depth chart and that the coaches would do what they thought would give the team the best chance to win regardless of what the players think" or something to that effect.

I had high hopes for Rex this season, and want to hold out hope that he can turn things around, but the last few games are disconcerting, especially the most recent.

The redskins dont have Cutler or Matt..... Thats why they let him go. There wasnt a ton of options for the skins at the position. The redskins picked Grossman to be our starter this year. You roll with that when you still have a good chance at the playoffs, before you go changing everything and act like the "sky is falling". Its not, a win this week and we are back on top the east, the giants, who Rex beat is on a bye.

This is what you seem to miss. We are 3-2 and a top the NFCE in spite of Rex not because of Rex. The defense and running game, when Kyle Shanahan feels like he needs one, are the main and indisputable reason we are 3-2. We could very easily be 1-4 right now because of Rex. So why you still have a shot to do anything this season you bring in Beck and see if he can't stabilize the position, we know Beck isn't going to become Brady or Manning, but he maybe capable of avoiding the 19 freaking turnovers the team has had to overcame since Rex has been under center.

Damn I was shaking my head like yep, yep until that Mcnabb comment!! you lost me there bro, Mcnabb stinks!

Our offense was better last year. McNabb threw 3400 yards in 12 games he played. Good numbers. Sure he had 15 INTs, half of those wasn't his fault. All they had to do is shake hands and make up. We would be sitting at a 4-1 record today if it wasn't for the drama that the media spinned.

“I’m a professional,” he said. “I’m going to go about my business the same way. I know this offense. If I do get back in there, I’m going to feel real good about it and feel real good where I’m at. I’m just going to try to get better and build on things that I did well."

How many things can you name that are wrong with this statement made by Rex :silly:

It's not like we are hiding a Brady on the bench. I would assume there is a reason the coaches are starting Rexy still.

I sit here at times and just wonder how anyone could possibly use Brady and Grossman in the same sentence.

A big difference in the 2, or even some of the others mentioned, is track record. Chicago let Rex go for a reason;he stunk. Even in their SB appearance, he was booed loudly by his own fans because he was so terrible. At least Brady, and even Vick, have proven much better results than Rex could ever dream of.

He's simply not a good qb; not even a decent game manager, because at some point in the season, the team has to rely on the offense to win a game here and there and not rely on the defense to keep them in the game. Even when the defense bailed the team out, Rex threw it right back to the Eagles, and Rex's fate was sealed by that throw...

Archived