Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

No matter the QB, the Skins have bigger issues on offense

DeadExField

Over the last 3 games the offense has bee unraveling, from the top down to even the smallest roles. There hasn't been much of a spark, and teams aren't threatened by the offense. With Grossman being pulled and Beck being put it, I don't think Beck will be the savior for this offense, as much as I like the guy. I think they have bigger issues across the board that the coaches need to decide on. I'm not suggesting we look elsewhere at this point you work with what you have.

Even if Kyle is left as the primary play caller, there needs to be an addressing to that ASAP, right now from the fan perspective it seems it is being treated as a non issue game after game and that's not good enough. A lot of guys here like to deny that the play calling is weak, but after that game there just is nothing good to take from it. The fans care too what is going on and they need to address this so we are behind them as a team and not fans in the dark only let to BOO when things don't go right.

Outside of Davis emerging, I don't see any positive from the offense, even beyond the fail of Grossman.

What do you think needs to be done, or said? It just bugs me that we struggled that hard after a bye week

What BS from the OP. Dude we lost two starting linesmen and Rex throws 4 INTS, not because of pressure but because he is a retard. It starts with the QB and right now everything about Rex to me is wrong. The way he moves, the way he throws the deep ball, and worse the way he read (or better said doesn't read) the defenses.

The real issue today outside of the QB play was the dropped passes. Not sure why everyone seemed to drop passes today but that's what really killed us. I don't know how many times we could have had first downs if we had caught some easy passes. It wasn't even hits that made us drop the ball, we just dropped wide open passes today.

It feels so wrong.... but so right.

Seriously, could we put Lichtensteiger on IR, and bring Garrard in?

I'm saying no QB FA or anything is going to come in here and flip the script, the offense is soggy from the top to bottom. It needs to be addressed not by another signing, but with some hammer dropping.

Well, one of the issues is line depth. Our line was OK, for hte most part, until Trent and Kory went out. Locklear got et up a couple times but more importantly, ONE injury to Kory threw off TWO positions, since Montgomery moved from where he was playing really well to LG to fill in. We NEED Montgomery back at C.

Also, I think the offense looked a lot better once Beck was in. The QB can make an entire offensive unit look like garbage. I think the combo of our wideouts, bringing in Paul and Austin here and there and continuing to feature Davis can make us 'good enough' in the passing game. The key is, do we get Trent back, do we get Montgomery back at C, do we get Cooley back?

What BS from the OP. Dude we lost two starting linesmen and Rex throws 4 INTS, not because of pressure but because he is a retard. It starts with the QB and right now everything about Rex to me is wrong. The way he moves, the way he throws the deep ball, and worse the way he read (or better said doesn't read) the defenses.

Okay. Relax, no need to put down my opinion (that's what this forum is about right?). If you disagree. We agree that Grossman is a lame duck right now. My other issues is the consistent hot cold offense. For example, we ran that flea flicker in the game to get us in the redzone, HOW GREAT IT WORKED! Their defense should be scrambling and confused, and what do we do the next play? We run conservative right after a huge play, not taking advantage of any momentum at all.

Another example (this happens weekly) 3rd and 3, we run empty backfield... that can't be explained.

I dont care how you want to dress it up or down!! bottom line is we stink on offense!!!!! I hate the play calling! I hate the QB! I hate the small ass smurf WR's!!! there is no way in hell we should have lost this game!!! The INT from Hall should have set us up nicely!! but noooooo punk ass Rex wants to throw an INT to say "look I can throw one too"! gosh this team takes years off my life!

typical skins fan garbage: we need a QB. QB is the problem. its the biggest problem. we're gonna suck until we get a real one.

just deal with it that the modern NFL is a QB league. a good QB today wins this game. we dont have one, so we lose. its very simple.

A not-effing awful quarterback wins today.

I agree, we have lots of issues on offense. The number one without question and can never have a legit argument against..is QB. Especially with how the NFL is now, you NEED a QB, we have nothing.

We also need serious o-line depth and some big game WRs. Moss gets taken away too easy and we have a bunch of "meh" guys everywhere else. They sometimes make a play here and there, but never often enough to call them NFL starters,.apparently Hankerson is another WR bust which is so sad. He can't even get on the active list on gameday over the average guys we send out there.

Well, now the whole league knows that all they have to do is take away the Redskins running game and they'll shut down our offense. It's pathetic.

Psst!

That's how you beat ANY team.

Kind of like saying that the secret is out that you just need to score more points than the other team to win.

Archived