Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld: Chris Cooley expressed displeasure Friday that coach Mike Shanahan told reporters about Cooley's latest knee draining

Taylor4Life

Cooley said he was "concerned" Shanahan would tell the media about it, "because everyone thinks it’s drained, that’s a huge deal. No, that’s not a big deal. Guys get things drained all the time." Cooley has been a team player this season, often playing fullback due to Darrel Young's injury and Fred Davis' emergence at tight end. We suspect this issue will blow over, but you never know for sure when Shanahan is calling the shots. Oct 14 - 3:42 PM

Source: Rich Campbell on Twitter

Link:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2811/chris-cooley

When did Cooley turn into CP?

I am sure this will come out the wrong way, but I have a feeling Cooley will not be here next year as he does not totally fit the mold of what MS wants.

And this is coming from a person that loves Cooley as a Redskins.

???...That's showing "displeasure" at Shanahan?

I might be alone in this, but I didn't read it as Cooley have any issue whatsoever with Shanahan...I read it as Cooley having issue with those who would make more out of his having his knee drained than they should.

maybe so but dude does talk to the media an awful lot so what he says could be misunderstood/misinterpreted.

I must have missed something...somebody please fill me in on what Cooley did wrong here ??

I'm not sure if he did do anything wrong. The article says he expressed displeasure about Shanahan telling the media his knee was drained. So maybe rather then telling the media he is displeased maybe he should of just talked to the coach. The article is like 2 sentences long so who knows

I can see why.... it like the HIPAA for all of us at our jobs... that information should remain private as long as you clearly state that you would like it to remain private. Simple Human Resources... No biggie.

in a league where you can get penalized for lying about injuries? not quite the same thing.

i swear i remember someone getting in trouble for faking an injury report, but bellicheck does it all the time so maybe not.

maybe so but dude does talk to the media an awful lot so what he says could be misunderstood/misinterpreted.

Sports journalists tend to blow things out of proportion enough on their own without "misunderstanding" playing any role in the matter.

And fans tend to blow those same things even MORE out of proportion once they read them lol...

From what was shown here, Cooley was "concerned" about an overreaction to him having his knee drained by (apparently) the media and fans. This article title makes it seem as if he disagreed with Shanahan and was voicing to the media that he was "displeased" with a decision the head coach made. Those are two completely different viewpoints, and so far I haven't seen or read anything that says the latter was the case. But saying it in that manner does generate more attention and clicks.

in a league where you can get penalized for lying about injuries? not quite the same thing.

i swear i remember someone getting in trouble for faking an injury report, but bellicheck does it all the time so maybe not.

faking an injury report maybe, but this came out of Shanny's mouth verbally. It can be shown on the report without Shanny telling it to the media. "Cooley, questionable, knee injury" is different than telling the media "Cooley had his knee drained and we don't know when he'll be back"

IDK, either way, I don't see Cooley as being part of the plans next season. He's often injured and isn't getting any younger. I think he's due $6 million next season, and i'm not sure if they will be willing to pay a second string TE that amount of change especially since this is Freddy's contract year.

Love the folks now coming out and defending Cooley. Just cause he's a great guy and the fans relate to him, they will defend anything he does. I'm sorry, but its been nice that for the most part people are going about their business as professionals now after years of griping and drama in the media. Cooley has not done anything that I'd consider totally out of line, but I just want the dude to do his talking on the field. If he's healthy, he has an opportunity on Sunday to show it.

---------- Post added October-14th-2011 at 10:10 PM ----------

IDK, either way, I don't see Cooley as being part of the plans next season. He's often injured and isn't getting any younger. I think he's due $6 million next season, and i'm not sure if they will be willing to pay a second string TE that amount of change especially since this is Freddy's contract year.

Agree, in all likelihood he'll be gone or the 2nd TE next season IMO. Only thing bothering me is that it seems like they've been trying hard to get Cooley going and this has been at the expense of Davis for the past 2 games.

I am sure this will come out the wrong way, but I have a feeling Cooley will not be here next year as he does not totally fit the mold of what MS wants.

And this is coming from a person that loves Cooley as a Redskins.

Completely agree with this, unfortunately. I love Cooley too - I think he's funny, a genuinely good guy, and a great player. But he's kind of... well... always in the spotlight for one thing or another. He'll make a great sideline reporter or NFL Network guy, once his career is done (hopefully many years away), but I really wish he'd just keep things under wraps a little more. I can totally envision Shanahan getting irked by him.

Think its time for both sides to move on.

Sports journalists tend to blow things out of proportion enough on their own without "misunderstanding" playing any role in the matter.

And fans tend to blow those same things even MORE out of proportion once they read them lol...

From what was shown here, Cooley was "concerned" about an overreaction to him having his knee drained by (apparently) the media and fans. This article title makes it seem as if he disagreed with Shanahan and was voicing to the media that he was "displeased" with a decision the head coach made. Those are two completely different viewpoints, and so far I haven't seen or read anything that says the latter was the case. But saying it in that manner does generate more attention and clicks.

+1

Even though I don't think CC will be here next year, I think Rotoworld's title is misleading and kinda stupid. It seems to me that Cooley was less "displeased" w/ MS than he was with the possibility that people in general would blow his knee draining out of proportion. It's just Rotoworld trying to start problems that more than likely don't exist.

Archived