Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

This Eagles game is.....

Daaskins

I think this upcoming Eagles game is the biggest regular season game i can remember in my young redskins years. I have been a fan since the 6th grade and I am now a sophomore in college. We have a chance to Barry the Eagles at 1-5 and propel our selves to 4-1. Nothing is bigger to me. Thoughts?

I went back and watched the first 4 games, and my only real concern is the quarterback play. There could have easily been at least 4 or 5 more interceptions were it not for defenders dropping the ball. It seems that when the offense has pace and rhythm, Grossman clicks well.....VERY well. But when there's a disruption it that rhythm - penalties, timeouts, etc - he takes more risks. This is a good offense for him if he performs within its boundaries.

For all the problems they have - and there are MANY - the Eagles' offense really scares me. I hope Haslett and Co. have the defense ready. I want to smack 'em in the mouth. And although revenge should never be a motivation, I would love to blow the wheels off those guys as recompense for what happened on national television last season.

There are a lot of big games this year. Games that will define the season or show our true colors. In the end it's just a game.

Just a divisional game that would put us up at the top of the division again. A game where if we win, the media will be praising this team and bashing the eagles yet again.

THIS IS THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!! HTTR

Ya' know Ds, I'd tend to agree for all the reason's you mentioned.

Through your short 'Skins supporting life, there's been runs to the playoff's of ubber importance, 'winner takes all, win or your done' games that have been right up there. By I honestly don't think you can overstate the magnitude of this one. This was supposed to finally be the Eagles year. The dream team were gona' win it all. Well we win Sunday, and their done. Thay aren't coming back from 1-5, with 2 divisional loses. Throw in Dallas and NY have tough road games; and we could be SERIOUSLY be not just looking at the post-season, but the division come Sunday night with a win and the other two slipping up again. Honestly, I seriously don't think you can overstate the magnitude of what's at stake in this one.

It's a MUST win game, from both clubs standpoint. Whether we do or not is another story, but we have to treat it as such, like a winner takes all playoff game, going in. The rewards are so great for this embryonic team with a win it can't be viewed as anything else.

Hail.

That being said this game is still the biggest game of the year this week.

HTTR

just thought I would fix that for you...seeing as tho, the game after this one is potentially just as big. Not to mention the 2nd game against the Cowboys, the 2nd game against the Giants, and oh yeah, the second game against the Eagles ;)

The beauty of the NFL is that every game is potentially a must win... If they want the division title at the end of the year, then you have to beat division opponents, period.

also - looking at the upcoming schedule, Bills, 49ers Cowboys, Jets, Pats, Gmen etc.... It doesnt get much easier.

The Eagles are 1-4 and reeling... this is when you slap them down hard.

A good team does that, period.

Ya' know Ds, I'd tend to agree for all the reason's you mentioned.

Through your short 'Skins supporting life, there's been runs to the playoff's of ubber importance, 'winner takes all, win or your done' games that have been right up there. By I honestly don't think you can overstate the magnitude of this one. This was supposed to finally be the Eagles year. The dream team were gona' win it all. Well we win Sunday, and their done. Thay aren't coming back from 1-5, with 2 divisional loses. Throw in Dallas and NY have tough road games; and we could be SERIOUSLY be not just looking at the post-season, but the division come Sunday night with a win and the other two slipping up again. Honestly, I seriously don't think you can overstate the magnitude of what's at stake in this one.

It's a MUST win game, from both clubs standpoint. Whether we do or not is another story, but we have to treat it as such, like a winner takes all playoff game, going in. The rewards are so great for this embryonic team with a win it can't be viewed as anything else.

Hail.

We're getting ahead of ourselves. In 2008 we were 6-2 with wins over two division opponents and still failed to reach the playoffs. This game doesn't get us in, and it doesn't prevent Philly from making it. It is one game. One step ahead or one step back. Let's not overstate it.

This is an important game.....but more so for the Eagles than the Redskins. Let me explain. If the Redskins win they retain sole possession of 1st place in the NFC East, more to 2-1 in the division, and hold one of the best records in the conference. All of that is great, especially when I STILL consider this a rebuilding year. (Can't wait until next year to see a few more pieces added...like QB? OL?) Anyway, look at the Eagles....if they loose they go to 1-5, and 0-2 in the division and 1-4 in the conference. This is all happening to a team that is full of all-pros, and is supposed to be a Superbowl favorite...they are built to win, and win right now. If they loose this game it's devastating to their season all but ensuring they don't make the playoffs...unless they go 10-1 or 11-0. That being said, if they doesn't happen, I think a lot of the coaching staff gets fired(maybe Reid? Given the talent he has on the team.....if he doesn't get fired now, when?) I also think that some players will be gone on next year's team. All that will drastically change the direction of the franchise. This is definitely a HUGE game for the Eagles.

Living in Pennsylvania, I have to endure Howard Eskin and moronic Eagles fans wearing green all week, and talking year after year about how they're going to the Superbowl. Outside of Reid's tenure they've been a joke, and it's about time they go back to being that imo. Not to mention it is quite ironic at the exact time the the 'Skins finally "get it," the Eagles are going down in flames as the result of Cerrato-esque moves like signing a 31 year old old QB to a gigantic contract, bringing in as many pro-bowlers as possible, and lack of buy-in to coaching/poor coaching. (If you check back when everyone was panic-stricken during the Asomugah signing-I said the Eagles would have problems this season, but I confess I didn't think they'd be next to winless)

As far as the game is concerned, I think the only way the 'Skins win this game is by doing 2 things

(1) Minimizing turnovers

(2) Scoring more than 24+ points (Red Zone Offense needs to improve...TD's and not FG's)

We're getting ahead of ourselves. In 2008 we were 6-2 with wins over two division opponents and still failed to reach the playoffs. This game doesn't get us in, and it doesn't prevent Philly from making it. It is one game. One step ahead or one step back. Let's not overstate it.

5 teams out of the last 100 that's started 1-4 have made the playoff's. If the Eagles start 1-5, with two divisional loses, their done for the year bar divine intervention.

As for ourselves, well, I don't see how you could avoid playoff and divisional title talk if we won and the other two teams lost. And unlike Zorn's team, this would have credence.

Hail.

If we "Barry the Eagles," then "Paloffs are Now!!!" :D

Seriously, I think it is a big game only in the sense of this season for us. If we win, it'll propel us further along this season to a possible playoff berth, but because of our situation at QB, I have to take a longer view of this team than just this season.

If the Eagles win (and I think they probably will).....meh. I don't think they are going to turn their season from here anyway.

Archived