Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

My Trip To Sentara (Assault Related)

DCchillin89

Hello all,

I have just returned from Sentara Hospital in Williamsburg. After a CT scan and multiple Xrays, it was revealed that I have a fractured orbital bone and sustained a 2nd degree concussion. I feel a lot better now.

After it happened Sunday morning, I really didn't know who to tell or how to go about properly expressing it. I want to thank you all for the quick responses. If it weren't for ES, I probably would have tried to suck it up. Sometimes the best advice you can get are from people you don't know personally, as friends sometimes won't be as blunt or won't shoot straight with you.

I do plan on following up with the health center and filing a report with the campus PD.

Thanks again.

Hail!

Glad to hear that you went to the hospital. Good man.

Now, heal up and make sure those mother****ers get theirs.

Couple of questions that I'm sure the board shares:

1. I think you said that you know who assaulted you. What kind of association do you have with them? Was this a random attack or was there something to it?

2. What made you so reluctant to go to the police originally?

Glad to hear that you went to the hospital. Good man.

Now, heal up and make sure those mother****ers get theirs.

Couple of questions that I'm sure the board shares:

1. I think you said that you know who assaulted you. What kind of association do you have with them? Was this a random attack or was there something to it?

2. What made you so reluctant to go to the police originally?

My fraternity complex is unique in the sense that two fraternities share a stairwell. The fraternity in question has been throwing beer bottles onto our porch for the better part of a school year. Over the course of the night, I heard two bottles get thrown. I was not intoxicated, as it was around 5 am and I was in bed. I lost it, ran into the stairwell and began shouting. That prompted the beat down.

I was reluctant to go to the police, because as fraternity brothers, we live in the "g-code/no snitching" policy. Also, sharing a stairwell with these guys after I turn them in will make me a walking target for more violence, something I was scared off. Not anymore tho.

My fraternity complex is unique in the sense that two fraternities share a stairwell. The fraternity in question has been throwing beer bottles onto our porch for the better part of a school year. Over the course of the night, I heard two bottles get thrown. I was not intoxicated, as it was around 5 am and I was in bed. I lost it, ran into the stairwell and began shouting. That prompted the beat down.

I was reluctant to go to the police, because as fraternity brothers, we live in the "g-code/no snitching" policy. Also, sharing a stairwell with these guys after I turn them in will make me a walking target for more violence, something I was scared off. Not anymore tho.

What college is this? Aint nothing but a G thing baby....

It's sad.

As to point number 1, I understand completely. Good on you to say something and it sucks that you got the worst possible consequence out of it. You had to do what you had to do.

As far as point number 2, **** the g-code. You're in college not the projects. You are there to get an education. I'm sure your frat is probably close knit enough for your brothers to understand your actions in turning the guys in (ratting them out). If they have your back, which I'm sure they do, they won't let anything happen to you as retaliation. Hell, it's possible that they may take some sort of retaliatory action against the other frat. I wouldn't say that's a good idea, but college kids are dumb.

Very glad to "hear". Reason why I left the other one open for awhile,(then of course completely forgot to close),was so that others could reply and really get the point across. Glad it did and you did what you did. Hopefully everything heals up soon and the fellows responsible are caught. Thanks for the update,(I'll refrain from lecturing about these types of threads here).

I was reluctant to go to the police, because as fraternity brothers, we live in the "g-code/no snitching" policy.

That is retarded.

When you or one of your friends ends up seriously hurt b/c of this "policy", you'll regret it.

oh wait...

I do plan on following up with the health center and filing a report with the campus PD.

Thanks again.

Hail!

As the old proverb says, "Advice is least heeded when most needed." <--------- Remember this one and don't follow it. . ;)

Anyway....glad you went to the hospital and please file that report. Keep us posted.

Have you filed a police report yet?

If you were held down and received blows to the head resulting in the injuries you describe, it is only pure luck that you are not in a coma or dead. Think about that. These people deserve to face the judicial system.

A student for this area got in a dumb argument at WVU about baseball and ended up in a coma. How will you feel when their next victim ends up feeding through a tube for the rest of their life.

Seriously dude. Report it to the police. I'll forward it to the local PD and W&M police if you don't.

s far as point number 2' date=' **** the g-code. You're in college not the projects. You are there to get an education. I'm sure your frat is probably close knit enough for your brothers to understand your actions in turning the guys in (ratting them out). If they have your back, which I'm sure they do, they won't let anything happen to you as retaliation. Hell, it's possible that they may take some sort of retaliatory action against the other frat. I wouldn't say that's a good idea, but college kids are dumb.[/quote']

Well said. I'm all for a good rivalry and even some roughhousing, but breaking bones in your face? Way too much...

Press charges.

Archived