Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PFT: Hightower Predicts Redskins will be in the Superbowl

KCasady

lol, it's not a big deal but it's so sad we have this "swagger" for being 3-1. Act like you expected to be there and go to work. The defense talks about how we like being disrespected and feed off of it. The offense, clearly the weaker unit, is out there talking about it instead of backing it up.

If Hightower was maybe over 4 yards a carry maybe I wouldn't care at all. Still not a big deal, but why say anything at all. TH needs to worry about potentially being our 3rd best running back.

I agree, what Tim said...heck even what Cooley said (although to me worse) is not that big a deal. But, you don't hear the Packers or the Patriots sounding off after 3-1 starts - and they have had more impressive success. Hell even the Lions aren't saying stuff like this and they "haven't been there before" either.

We are going to win the division

We have the best WRs in the league

We are going to the Superbowl

Wounder what's coming next? We are and will be the team of the decade?

As much as people are digging this -- admit it if it was the Cowboys talking like this, at least some of us would be trashing them as ego maniacs who haven't earned squat.

"i feel like we'll be lucky to compete for the 3rd in the division this year, and i think that we're still 2 to 3 years away from being a real force. we need a better qb, more consistent line play, and a better secondary. we'll be lucky to get through this year with a winning record and we have zero chance when we line up against teams like the Patriots."

would you rather him say something like that? if you're not in it to win it all then you shouldn't be in the league. no team or player should ever go out there and tell themselves that they're playing for anything but a championship.

all the "oh no! someone on our team made a positive prediction! they believe in our system and our coaching staff!!"

there is no such thing as bulletin board material. in fact it's only ever brought up when you lose.

It's a given that our fanbase isn't proclaiming the division or the Super Bowl this year so this doesn't really affect us at all. We're not Cowboys fans so it's going to be ok. The attitude surrounding this team has drastically changed and I actually like the confidence that's brewing amongst the players, however they need to take this confidence/attitude and show it on the field and prove a point. I'm just relieved that Shanahan isn't a Rex/Rob Ryan type coach making bold statements like that and instead some of the players are stepping out and showing a renewed confidence. Making bold statements like this will put a target on your back in some way, shape, or form but I'm really liking the future outlook of this team and the confidence is contagious.

He didn't predict being in the Superbowl he said the reporters were going to be interviewing them in Indy. It does imply that the Skins will be in the big dance, but reporters could interview him on radio row during the festivities and he's just there for the event.

Why set your self up to look an absolute moron if/ when this doesn't come to fruition?

Someone needs to keep these guys away from a mic.

Some guys just NEVER learn.

Hail.

I love the confidence. Would you want him to say anything different? If he had said, "I am just hoping we make the playoffs, that would be good enough", would you be happy then? That is a realistic statement, right?

I WANT these guys to be bold, ****y, and confident! I am not embarrassed of my team, which it appears you are.

SuperBowl teams don't "escape" with victories against the Rams.

but do they escape with losses to the redskins right? the packers lost to a much worse redskin team then us beating a better rams team this year. take it for whats it worth. todays nfl a win is a win, and nothing has changed. we saw a few divisional rivals blow it, but the other teams fought that much harder to win.

You may want to go back and look at previous superbowl teams and see what trash teams they played close or even loss too...just sayin'

Any team can have a bad day, but on most weeks, superbowl teams take care of business. I don't think we're there yet.

Any team can have a bad day, but on most weeks, superbowl teams take care of business. I don't think we're there yet.

Well, if we make the playoffs to begin with, then the assumption is that we'd have a winning record. Wouldn't that mean that we've "taken care of business" on most weeks? Of course us making a Super Bowl is a long shot, but then again you have to acknowledge that in the past several years there has been a wild surprise every year.

Well, if we make the playoffs to begin with, then the assumption is that we'd have a winning record. Wouldn't that mean that we've "taken care of business" on most weeks? Of course us making a Super Bowl is a long shot, but then again you have to acknowledge that in the past several years there has been a wild surprise every year.

I'm just looking for that one game where we beat a team down. It should have been last week. EVERY superbowl team has a few of those.

But seriously, I strongly feel Groosman is a HUGE liability to this team. He has kind of gotten away with his play because of our record, but dude is gonna cost us some games, just wait and see.

I'm just looking for that one game where we beat a team down. It should have been last week. EVERY superbowl team has a few of those.

But seriously, I strongly feel Groosman is a HUGE liability to this team. He has kind of gotten away with his play because of our record, but dude is gonna cost us some games, just wait and see.

He's also done what he's needed to to win some games for us already...Giants game, Cardinals (4th and 3 - TD in the 4th), Rams (got us to 17-0 ; Moss dropped a would be TD - more than likely) - not to mention his 1st down % and total 1st down are both ranked top 10 - he can move the team down the field.

Yes, he does make poor decisions here and there but you also have to look at the separation, or lack of, that the receivers are getting. We have good #2s,3s but no legit number one to where he can get those big plays. Armstrong having been injured isn't helping the situation as Moss is just being doubled down the sideline which is why you see so much of the Gaffney/Davis over the middle plays.

Archived