Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1/4 into the season. What are out biggest areas of need still?

Goingforburgundy

we need:

QB

RT

CB

WR

QB is the most important. im not too impressive with jamaal brown, regardless of how healthy or not healthy he is, dude just isnt playing very well. CB we could use some more depth but buchnannon is back this week so we'll see. and WR, we still need a big possession type guy at some point to really help whoever is the QB. but QB is like 90% of the issue.

ditto that..QB and RT at the top for me with WR/CB a close second.

You could take a homeless man off the street, and as long as he's got at least one arm and can chuck it in Megatron's general direction, we'd be good to go. Did you see him beat three Puke defenders yesterday for the ball?

Exactly. Haha. You only need it to be thrown on the correct half of the field 30 yards in the air

I'm in favor of kidnapping Megatron and having Shanny hypnotize him into believing he's a Redskin. That guy is a beast of beasts...

hes the best WR ive ever seen. ever.

i know thats a huge statement, but its tough to argue against. he literally catches any ball thrown his way, hes unstoppable in the red zone, hes fast, enormous, his hands are like two mattresses covered in stickum, and he can outjump anybody in the NFL.

hes the best WR ive ever seen. ever.

i know thats a huge statement, but its tough to argue against. he literally catches any ball thrown his way, hes unstoppable in the red zone, hes fast, enormous, his hands are like two mattresses covered in stickum, and he can outjump anybody in the NFL.

I honestly think he has the best chance to beat Jerry for greatest WR in history.

Oh come on. Don't be a prisoner of the moment.

honestly im not. before him i thought TO and moss were the best id ever seen, im not sure ive ever seen either of them do some of the stuff he does. hes been stuck on a terrible team with no stability at QB, and has still managed to post double digit TDs and 1000 yard seasons. hes got 8 TDs through 4 games, even if he doesnt keep that pace up, 18 TDs is an easy mark for him to hit.

rice is considered the greatest ever, and rightly so. he also had one of the best QBs ever throwing him the ball (actually 2 of the best QBs ever). but ive never seen rice outjump 3 defenders in the endzone and come up with a TD. time will tell, but hes a freakish talent that is panning out big time, and he just turned 26.

Most obvious big one is QB and the next is ILB. Young depth who could start or bring at least replacement value is also a need. Others like WR are questionable. We have not had a franchise QB in years and that seems to be more an important factor in finding, developing and using good WR talent.

---------- Post added October-3rd-2011 at 11:41 AM ----------

I don't really find any fault with our front 7.

The need for a franchise QB is as glaring as ever.

What we need is a Wr or TE that is more of a redzone threat.

Why? We have usually been among the best redzone teams in the NFL over the last 10 years.

honestly im not. before him i thought TO and moss were the best id ever seen, im not sure ive ever seen either of them do some of the stuff he does. hes been stuck on a terrible team with no stability at QB, and has still managed to post double digit TDs and 1000 yard seasons. hes got 8 TDs through 4 games, even if he doesnt keep that pace up, 18 TDs is an easy mark for him to hit.

rice is considered the greatest ever, and rightly so. he also had one of the best QBs ever throwing him the ball (actually 2 of the best QBs ever). but ive never seen rice outjump 3 defenders in the endzone and come up with a TD. time will tell, but hes a freakish talent that is panning out big time, and he just turned 26.

He very good, but Andre Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald and Dez Bryant can do everything Megatron can do. He's definitely in the discussion on who's the best "current" WR.

I honestly think he has the best chance to beat Jerry for greatest WR in history.

I saw an analysis of Jerry Rice's career, breaking his records seems more about the ability to get many huge years after 30. His post-30 career was phenomenal. Moss was on pace and so were a couple of others but they just fell of the cliff in their 30s.

I prefer to think of them as "opportunities for improvement." It's just more positive.

Clearly, QB could be improved quite a bit with minimal investment. Personally I think Kyle Orton is quite undervalued. :)

Both Offensive Line and Defensive front seven need to be consistently injected with new talent.

QB, obviously.

WR I think is incredibly underrated in our needs department, we don't have a player that will strike fear in DBs, we don't have a guy who can battle for a jumpball, and none that are really playmakers, we are deep with a bunch of average to above average WRs, I say Moss and Armstrong are probably the one 2 good WRs on this roster. A Justin Blackmon or Alshon Jeffery would be really nice, but I think we all know where our first rounder is going this year.

ILB: I'm not as worried as everyone else here, Fletcher is of course, pretty old. We are kinda thin here and I do believe in Rocky right now, I think our LB corp is elite (Orakpo, Kerrigan, Fletcher), but the weak point is the ILB position I grant you.

We are thin in the area of cornerbacks, we have pretty good starting corners in my mind, but I don't think we are truly deep enough.

Imagine if we had Calvin Johnson, the man has 8TDs in 4 games and if you look at those catches, they are jaw dropping, I would kill for someone like that on our team. The man is on pace for 32 TDs on the year and has a pair of TDs in every game this season. We NEED a gamebreaker like that, when's the last time we had a true terror like that?

2012 draft:

1. QB

2. WR

3. ILB

4. CB

5. RT

6. CB

7. D line

I know people are going to disagree and say that WR should be round 3 and ILB be round 2, and I would be also okay with that if it lands us Hightower or Kuechly, if they fell that far that is. I think this team is a lot better than what people think, if you noticed our needs before FA and the draft, and look at our needs now, it's night and day.

2012 draft:

1. QB

2. WR

3. ILB

4. CB

5. RT

6. CB

7. D line

I know people are going to disagree and say that WR should be round 3 and ILB be round 2, and I would be also okay with that if it lands us Hightower or Kuechly, if they fell that far that is. I think this team is a lot better than what people think, if you noticed our needs before FA and the draft, and look at our needs now, it's night and day.

I have us doing

1:QB

2:ILB

3:Interior Oline

4: D Line

5:CB

6:SS

7:RT

Defense:

CB. I think if Hall has a few more episodes like he had after the Cowboys game, he is in danger of being cut if we can get a top CB from the draft. Maybe we draft one and let Hall/Wilson be our starters and nurse the rookie. Dante Barnes seems to be developing into a consistent backup, but nothing starter material.

SS. We need depth behind Landry. I like DeJon Gomes, but we need someone more athletic than Doughty.

ILB. I still believe we need a future ILB to replace Fletcher. Perry might be that guy, but we need to see it first.

Offense:

QB. I don't think we should burn our 1st rounder on a QB. I think these days we are seeing better QB scouting and talent evaluating for 2-3 round picks. Beck takes the reins next year for 2 years with a rookie behind him?

WR. If Hankerson isn't going to turn into the real deal, and a top CB doesn't fall to us in Round 1, there is a LOT of good WR's coming out. Blackmon, Floyd, etc.

OT. Maybe Willie Smith can be a serviceable backup, but we need to get someone good and young to replace Jamaal Brown down the road. If not next year, he needs groomed for 2013.

If Jerry Rice played in today's NFL, his numbers would be more comical than they already are. I mean really, corners can't touch receivers anymore. Rice put up 22 TD's in 12 games in the 80s when defenses could actually play defense. Put him in 2011, HAVOC.

I posted this elsewhere but I think the info is good here as well. Nice to know that the Redskins, typically known for trading away future draft picks, actually have 9 picks in the 2012 draft:

1 Redskins

2 Redskins

3 Redskins

4 Redskins

4 Raiders Jason Campbell trade

5 Redskins

6 Redskins

6 Vikings The Redskins traded Donovan McNabb for a 2012 6th round pick and a conditional 6th round pick in 2013

7 Redskins

Archived