Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

1/4 into the season. What are out biggest areas of need still?

Goingforburgundy

For me I feel these positions of need based on the first quarter of the season are:

QB: Rex Grossman so far is everything we have known about him. A great first game of the season and sub par 3 games following. Still his having his horrible turnovers at the worst possible time in a game.

C: After watching the Jets game last night with Nick Mangold out, their line just looked awful. I never once thought the center was THAT important to the oline. Monty has done an alright job but we are so used to having the inept "captain turnstyle" the past few years we would take anyone over him. A top 3 Center would do wonders for the offense.

WR: We need a playmaker. It is that simple. We dont have a single WR that makes Defenses scared. Hopefully one of the Rookies can make that move in the near future.

DLine: I put the entire D line here because as a whole the Dline doesnt have a Vince Wilfork or Haloti Ngata type player that controls 2 people and still gets constant pressure. The Dline has played well but not one gets constant double teams. Im wishful that JJ can become that next year.

ILB: Rocky has really stepped up and London is, well, London. Yesterday they showed our blitz by area and both outside areas were in the teens while up the middle had 2. Pressure up the middle is what gets the most turnovers and are the most worrysome to QBs. We really need some one that can blitz up the middle. Rockey and London are simply too small to get by most of the G's and C's in the league. Remember when teams would pressure us up the middle with Rabach? Terrible results.

Hopefully as the season progresses a few of these problems will fade and no new ones show themselves

No doubt the top spots go to QB and WR (unless a rookie WR can step up). I'd potentially talk about a DB as well. We really lack a shut down corner. Although Wilson is playing well. I just know we get very vulnerable in 3 and 4 WR sets.

I'd add guard and tackle (to replace Brown, not Trent) if you consistently want to get to the next level. The D-Line I'm more than happy with. Nield and Jenkins are a real bright future there, and Bowen, Carriker and Cofield are are a nice age and decent enough quality to see us through whilst they do progress. And maybe a shut down corner. Not that I'm unhappy at corner. But a real top echelon, game changing one would be nice.

Hail.

RT-- Jamaal has been something of a dissapointment.

WR-- Just fantasize about a guy like Justin Blackmon in the B&G. It won't happen I know, but we can dream.

QB-- No explanation needed. Rex is serviceable, and he'll win us some games. But he'll also lose us some games, and that's when the chicken littles come a-firin'.

we need:

QB

RT

CB

WR

QB is the most important. im not too impressive with jamaal brown, regardless of how healthy or not healthy he is, dude just isnt playing very well. CB we could use some more depth but buchnannon is back this week so we'll see. and WR, we still need a big possession type guy at some point to really help whoever is the QB. but QB is like 90% of the issue.

Man, pretty obvious first round we go QB, no matter what. There is some really good options this year.

We somehow need a stud WR playmaker. Not sure how we can get both...

vincent jackson is a FA this year. id bet all my marbles hes our #1 priority. hes 29 which im not a big fan of in terms of age, but if we gave him a decent deal we could get 3 good years out of him. and niles paul could come around as well as hankerson.

but Vjax id assume is our #1 priority. theres some other FAs that are younger (stevie johnson and dwayne bowe) but i have to believe theyll be locked up this year. devin thomas and brandon lloyd are free agents too, so ya never know!

We somehow need a stud WR playmaker. Not sure how we can get both...

Going forward over the next few years we'll need a couple. Hopefully Hankerson, Paul and Robinson will be around here for a long time contributing, along with Austin. But Moss hasn't got many more top class season's left, and Armstrong and Gafney will be 29 and 31 respectively going into next season.

Hail.

Yeah i hear you, but with guys like that. How many times have you seen the QB just toss it up in the air and he just catches it when triple covered? THAT is what we need.

How many are WRs that can do that in the World? That is something the Cards, Texans, and Lions are just blessed with. Just give me a WR that can out up and come down with passes vs one db

Archived