Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Awesome (funny) video Fox NFL Sunday making fun of Mike Vick, the Dream Team and the Eagles!

bishtw

:applause: :thumbsup:

Where ARE the Eagles fans on this board, btw?...

They're Missing everywhere! I have a few friends and family members that are fans on FB and they're missing too. I set my status looking for them to, um, make sure they are, ahem, alright. HEHE!

http://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=293366067356404&id=100000490381605&ref=notif&notif_t=like

I usually try to make it a point to ask as many eagle fans as I can (and I know alot of them) how their eagles are doing, and you almost always get the same bull**** answer about how they don't really care about football at the moment because they're all into the phillies. Yeah, ok, sure...That's not what you were saying just 3 weeks ago when the eagles beat the rams to start the season. C'mon cardinals, so the philly fans can move right onto hockey :D

I usually try to make it a point to ask as many eagle fans as I can (and I know alot of them) how their eagles are doing, and you almost always get the same bull**** answer about how they don't really care about football at the moment because they're all into the phillies. Yeah, ok, sure...That's not what you were saying just 3 weeks ago when the eagles beat the rams to start the season. C'mon cardinals, so the philly fans can move right onto hockey :D

I am a Redskins and Phillies fan so right now I am getting best of both worlds :)

Did any of us Skins fans actually expect the Iggles to do well? I mean, we've seen how this movie ends before. :ols:

I didn't expect so many lulz. Vick being a puss, their corners getting burned, losing games in the final minutes. It's been a laugh a minute.

I didn't expect the Eagles to lose because for the better part of the last decade or so I always looked over their roster, said to myself "wow they have a couple of glaring holes here, here, and here" and figured maybe they would stumble that season. They almost never stumbled aside from a few times when they suffered major injuries. Andy Reid has always put together a team that manages to win 9+ games even when it looks like they aren't going to be great. I've been waiting for their offensive line to officially suck for years, I've been waiting for their defense to collapse as they lose key players at the linebacker positions and in the secondary. Troy Vincent gone? They'll have a hard time covering this year! Bobby Taylor is gone? Nice they're going to really suck this season. Brian freaking Dawkins is gone? Thats it, this season they implode. [insert bad/sub-par linebacker here] is their [insert linebacker positions here] this season? Wow they're gonna get run over!

It never seemed to catch up to them. They always seemed to survive with very few players that I considered to be extremely good. So when this season rolled around and I watched the Eagles I saw:

A defense with an average secondary- their corners are good but their safeties are bad. Even Champ Bailey looked bad because of Sam Shade back when they were playing together. If the safeties aren't very good they can make good corners look stupid a couple times per game.

Linebackers who I wouldn't ever want on any team.

A defensive line that wasn't as good as it was a few years ago

A defensive coordinator who is an offensive line coach...I mean really...

A defense without a leader.

An offensive line that isn't great at pass blocking, and is pretty weak at run blocking.

A WR corps which is competent but only has one great player who is only useful at running post routes

A tight end I wouldn't want on my team

A running back that is very fast, quite talented, but isn't a power runner and can't get the tough first downs or run through arm tackles when the offensive line blocks poorly.

A quarterback who isn't as good as he looked in certain games last year who is prone to injury and mistakes.

A special teams unit that cut one of the best placekickers in the NFL, and one of the best punters in the NFL.

So once again I saw a team that was destined for failure and assumed that it meant they were going to be even better than usual because Andy Reid always does the opposite of what I think he will do.

For once I'm glad reality has caught up with the Eagles. I wrote a thread a while back about rejoicing as smug fans of teams who are high and mighty right now get to watch their teams likely decline over the next few years-

The Colts post-Manning will likely be horrible. The Patriots post-Brady in a few years won't be horrible but they won't be what they are and have been. The Steelers might be witnessing a decline in their empire, I'm not really sure. The point is the guard has to change sometime. After this season what are the Eagles going to be left with? If they continue the way they're going right now they might be searching for a new coach, a new GM, all new coordinators, their multi million dollar quarterback will be in question as he recovers from his plethora of injuries sustained. They'll require new players on the offensive line, at WR, at RB/FB/TE, new LB's, safeties, DT's who knows. Maybe they don't need that many pieces but they could be in turmoil. Teams such as the Redskins may be emerging. I don't mean emerging like this season they're going to go to the playoffs, but perhaps if they continue to play alright they'll finish ahead of the Eagles in the NFC East, and that hasn't happened very often in the past decade.

I will say this- we're part of an empire that fell and fell hard in the early 90's. We still haven't recovered fully but we're on the road to recovery. The thing that got a lot of Redskins fans through those rough years was the fond thoughts and memories of three superbowl victories out of four appearances. What will the Eagles fans have to look back on from their decade of success?

2000 Season - NFC Divisional Playoffs vs. New York Giants - LOSS 20-10

2001 Season - NFC Championship vs. St. Louis Rams - LOSS 27-24

2002 Season - NFC Championship vs. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - LOSS 27-10

2003 Season - NFC Championship vs. Carolina Panthers - LOSS 14-3

2004 Season - Super Bowl vs. New England Patriots - LOSS 24-21

2006 Season - NFC Divisional Playoffs vs. New Orleans Saints - LOSS 27-24

2008 Season - NFC Championship vs. Arizona Cardinals - LOSS 32-25

2009 Season - NFC Wild Card Playoffs vs. Dallas Cowboys - LOSS 34-14

2010 Season - NFC Wild Card Playoffs vs. Green Bay Packers - LOSS 21-16

The empire is crumbling. Lament, Philadelphia natives. You deserve every bit of this.

Right here. BTW - Call outs are for internet tough guys like you there Cali. Funny thing is you posted a picture of yourself on a post awhile back and remember what you look like ... I guess I see why your just an internet tough guy...old, skinny and by the looks of your office ( well I cant go there)... have fun this year picking on the Eagles - I know you only have had one other year during the regular season to do it back in 2005 - so have it. The window for you guys wont stay open for long with Rex as your QB... Please get 8 wins - and then try and find another franchise QB in 2 years drafting middle of the pack or worse lol

Right here. BTW - Call outs are for internet tough guys like you there Cali. Funny thing is you posted a picture of yourself on a post awhile back and remember what you look like ... I guess I see why your just an internet tough guy...old, skinny and by the looks of your office ( well I cant go there)... have fun this year picking on the Eagles - I know you only have had one other year during the regular season to do it back in 2005 - so have it. The window for you guys wont stay open for long with Rex as your QB... Please get 8 wins - and then try and find another franchise QB in 2 years drafting middle of the pack or worse lol

CT_Why%2Byou%2Bmad.jpg

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA, oh this made my day, someones a wittle upset? poor kid, lol, gotta resort to personal attacks when he can't talk about his team choking, oh btw

91619_49ers_Eagles_Football.jpg

nice pass, HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

CT_Why%2Byou%2Bmad.jpg

131343479541-he_mad_son.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

LOL, wait what? I was too busy looking at the three Lombardi trophies at Redskins park.

The Jim Zorn Redskins swept your Iggles in 2008, plus the Skins have won 3 out of the last 5 against the Fecals at the Linc.

Archived