Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry Hit Youtube Video

Destructis

Actually Witten was in bounds when Hall hit him, you fat troll.

im not fat...............thats mean!

and yes, that was just a great hit by Hall, he should wake up so proud today........

seeing Mr. Needles fall at the end of Witten's hand.....made my night! stiff arm, to the FACE............Mr. Needles......and like it was stated earlier, would not have been nearly as cool had Dallas lost.......whew!

I don't want to be a downer, but isn't that what they call a "defenseless receiver?" I think the rule is bull**** anyway, but I was surprised that wasn't flagged and even more surprised when Alan Ball got it later.

That is what I was thinking. Dude was 10 feet in the air and got rocked. Moss later in the game, catches an out has time to react, gets hit shoulder to chest but is a defenseless receiver? Just don't understand the difference.

That is what I was thinking. Dude was 10 feet in the air and got rocked. Moss later in the game, catches an out has time to react, gets hit shoulder to chest but is a defenseless receiver? Just don't understand the difference.

Neither do the refs. Its a bull**** rule that is only there to keep WRs from being scared to settle in soft zone spots so we can have more highlights and touchdowns. Its lame and horrible and changes the game WAY too much, stupid stupid rule. 100 times worse than ANY of the pampering QB's have recieved over the last 5 years.

Neither do the refs. Its a bull**** rule that is only there to keep WRs from being scared to settle in soft zone spots so we can have more highlights and touchdowns. Its lame and horrible and changes the game WAY too much, stupid stupid rule. 100 times worse than ANY of the pampering QB's have recieved over the last 5 years.

I actually have some sympathy for the officials figuring out how to call that. It really puts them in a tough situation.

Other than the 3 obvious plays that Landry made last night he made one that could have helped us big time. On the Cowboys 3rd down run before their field goal, Landry shot behind the backfield and forced the runner out of bounds which saved us a Timeout.

Landry was a playmaker last night. He had 2 kinda bad plays and 4 great plays...In his first game action in 10 months....He is a beast, Simple as that.

Other than the 3 obvious plays that Landry made last night he made one that could have helped us big time. On the Cowboys 3rd down run before their field goal, Landry shot behind the backfield and forced the runner out of bounds which saved us a Timeout.

Landry was a playmaker last night. He had 2 kinda bad plays and 4 great plays...In his first game action in 10 months....He is a beast, Simple as that.

On balance, I agree. It's good to have him back in the lineup. I hope he stays healthy and keeps working to minimize mistakes while continuing to be a disruptive force.

Not to be a downer, but how does this not get called for the "defenseless receiver" rule while the hit on Santana Moss later in the game does? Personally I don't think either of them should be called - both are hard, clean football plays using the shoulder pads instead of the helmet at contact. The inconsistency favored the Redskins this time, but the calls won't always fall that way.

Moss got hit higher and it looked like it might have been a helmet-to-helmet hit at full speed. I agree that the rule is dumb, though.

Lol @ Landry's walk after that hit....he's carrying invisible suitcases.

they were very heavy suitcases:

funny-captions-have-i-been-working-out-no-just-buying-a-lot-of-milk.jpg

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 05:35 PM ----------

Moss got hit higher and it looked like it might have been a helmet-to-helmet hit at full speed. I agree that the rule is dumb, though.

i think they called that because moss is so short and it looked like his helmet got hit. i think the same thing happened in buffalo with welker. the guy just popped him straight on with the shoulder pad, but because welker is so short they threw a flag.

i would pick up the flag on moss to let landry do what he does any day of the week.

I recall expressing my opinion on how annoyed I was regarding the Landry talk involving his injuries prior to the preseason and now feeling like I wasted my words for obvious reasons. Landry's a force that this defense desperately needed and he played extremely well considering the circumstances last night, that hit was so freaking awesome. I'm really happy that he's in position to dominate and be the play-maker we all knew he could be, just hoping that he can stay healthy and continue to be the Landry that we all know and love to watch.

HAIL TO LANDRY!!!!

We need more players that play with the aggression of Landry and the passion of Fletcher. I love movies like this. It shows how teams win. That's why the win against Dallas was so big. I feel it would have boosted our moral and sent us rolling. Oh well. I hope we can get this together, get mad about the loss and take it out on the Rams.

I don't want to be a downer, but isn't that what they call a "defenseless receiver?" I think the rule is bull**** anyway, but I was surprised that wasn't flagged and even more surprised when Alan Ball got it later.
Not to be a downer, but how does this not get called for the "defenseless receiver" rule while the hit on Santana Moss later in the game does? Personally I don't think either of them should be called - both are hard, clean football plays using the shoulder pads instead of the helmet at contact. The inconsistency favored the Redskins this time, but the calls won't always fall that way.

Quoting both of you here. It's not an illegal hit. Did he launch himself and leave both feet? Yes. Did he lead with the crown of his helmet? No. Did he hit the neck/head area? No. Because he didn't lead with the crown of his helmet, it's not an illegal hit. (Side note, he has to be launching himself for the crown of his helmet to be an illegal hit, otherwise it's considered more incidental contact). And because he hit lower than the head/neck it's not illegal in that sense either.

The penalty in favor of Santana was a bad call, simply because the refs thought he lead with his helmet into Santana's head area. Which didn't actually happen, it just looked like it did until you saw the replay from a different angle.

Archived