Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Landry Hit Youtube Video

Destructis

Not to be a downer, but how does this not get called for the "defenseless receiver" rule while the hit on Santana Moss later in the game does? Personally I don't think either of them should be called - both are hard, clean football plays using the shoulder pads instead of the helmet at contact. The inconsistency favored the Redskins this time, but the calls won't always fall that way.

Not to be a downer, but how does this not get called for the "defenseless receiver" rule while the hit on Santana Moss later in the game does? Personally I don't think either of them should be called - both are hard, clean football plays using the shoulder pads instead of the helmet at contact. The inconsistency favored the Redskins this time, but the calls won't always fall that way.

I mentioned that in the other thread too. Either both should have been called or neither. It doesn't take away from the beauty of this hit.

I was concerned about that hit, looked like he leaped into him to make the hit
I don't want to be a downer, but isn't that what they call a "defenseless receiver?" I think the rule is bull**** anyway, but I was surprised that wasn't flagged and even more surprised when Alan Ball got it later.

Freeze frame at 00:31 seconds...he's doing everything wrong...launching into him, and leading with his helmet. I'm glad we didn't get flagged on that, but I still love seeing it.

With all due respect, the fact that we lost the game makes rewatching this hit a totally meaningless and joyless experience for me. So I didn't and won't.

Please don't slit your wrists.

For me, this hit is the beauty that is football. I can appreciate things for what they are.

Landry's game last night showcased both his promise and his deficits. On balance it is great that he's back and as active as ever. But before we crown him king of the safeties, there are still flaws in his game. Go back and watch Felix Jones' 40 yard run. Landry shot toward the line of scrimmage and blasted a blocker, but in so doing totally took himself out of the play, with no one behind him to corral Jones. He needs to pick his spots with his aggressiveness.

The lost may sting for at the minimum of a couple of weeks to a year...... this hit will last forever.

Not for me.

It's like that amazing 66-yard TD run by Riggins in 1979.

Every time I see a clip of that incredible run, all I can think of is, "Yeah, and then they came back and beat us at the very end in a heartbreaker."

Individual plays are meaningless if they don't contribute to the one thing that really matters: a "W."

Don't get me wrong: Glad Landry is back and hope he continues to smack guys around like this. But I can't get any joy out of it after a loss.

wont be long before another landry youtube clip is up......the one where Witten stiff arms him in the face ...and knocks Mr. Needles to the ground and keeps trucking....LOL

Kept on chugging for another half yard before DeAngelo Hall knocked him 5 yards out of bounds?

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 11:11 AM ----------

Landry's game last night showcased both his promise and his deficits. On balance it is great that he's back and as active as ever. But before we crown him king of the safeties, there are still flaws in his game. Go back and watch Felix Jones' 40 yard run. Landry shot toward the line of scrimmage and blasted a blocker, but in so doing totally took himself out of the play, with no one behind him to corral Jones. He needs to pick his spots with his aggressiveness.

He didn't do that much last year, though. I think it might be a case of rustiness, his angles were a TAD bit off last night.

Not for me.

It's like that amazing 66-yard TD run by Riggins in 1979.

Every time I see a clip of that incredible run, all I can think of is, "Yeah, and then they came back and beat us at the very end in a heartbreaker."

Individual plays are meaningless if they don't contribute to the one thing that really matters: a "W."

Don't get me wrong: Glad Landry is back and hope he continues to smack guys around like this. But I can't get any joy out of it after a loss.

I hear your argument, and I respect it.

Kept on chugging for another half yard before DeAngelo Hall knocked him 5 yards out of bounds?

---------- Post added September-27th-2011 at 11:11 AM ----------

He didn't do that much last year, though. I think it might be a case of rustiness, his angles were a TAD bit off last night.

hahaha. Angela Hall hit him out of bounds, best hit he had all day, but the pricless gift, was Mr. Needles falling to the ground like a child tryin to take down his father.......

Archived