Extremeskins

Picks, Pats, and Pardons Week Three

kleese

Last Week: 15-1

Season: 26-6

Redskins: 1-1

Against the Spread: 6-1-1

Lock of the Week: 1-1

Last Week's Pats: Sizzling to say the least...if you go 15-1 and hit three out of four against the spread (including your lock) you can pat yourself on the back for a week straight, which is precisely what I've been doing. Not only did I lock down most of the winners, I was also very close on point totals, spreads, etc.. Clearly, I was in the zone.

Last Week's Pardons: I was pretty far off on the Ravens-Titans game, but again, at 15-1, I refuse to extend a pardon to anyone.

This Week's Picks

Jacksonville at Carolina: NOW Cam Newton has my attention...what an absolutely sensational start to his career. Even though the Panthers are 0-2, spirits must be high throughout the organization. While I could see becoming a more plodding affair than Carolina's first two games, I do think Cam notches career win number one.

Panthers 23, Jaguars 19

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

I agree with your pics for the most part.But i do think the Skins win in big D on monday night.Not because of the fan in me but because of how injured the boys are and i think we have the better team all around right now.Granted the better team does not always win.

I also think the Falcons will take care of the Bucs.

15-1 last week...well done sir.

Like you're spread games exception of the Browns. Miami is a good team that has the ability to pass as well as play D. I'm really not sure what CLE does well. I actually really like the Fins in this one as a solid play. We'll see. I think I'm gonna ride you on the Texans and CIN...

I honestly see Tony Romo sits to pee sitting & if he does I think the Skins bulrush the middle of that Boys online & hammer Kitna because he's going to stay in the pocket. If that happens I see the Skins actually winning this one easy. Even if Romo sits to pee plays it will be virtually impossible for him to duplicate what he did at the end of last week & might not make it through this game, or rest of the season. Pick your poison.

There should be a rule that members can't start threads that are transparent plugs for their own blogs. By that I mean: the substance of the post can only be viewed by leaving ES and going to the blog.

It's already against the rules to post news stories about the Skins (from WP, etc.) in the Stadium, as opposed to Bubba's breaking news, and really the exception is only news of truly major importance.

Among those who pimp their blogs on this site, I think Murf does it best. His work is original, informative, well written, focused squarely on the Redskins, and often contains exclusive interviews / quotes from players. He puts about half of the story on ES, and if you want to read the rest, you go to his site. That's a reasonable approach, and he delivers some of the best value bar none on ES.

Kleese is plugging his blog, which is only marginally relevant to the Skins (1 out of 16 games), and the part about the Skins rarely appears on ES. The ES content is entirely not about the Redskins. We get maybe one pick about some other game. On this basis, I wish these threads would not clutter the Stadium. If it goes anywhere, ATN is the place.

My 2 cents for a better forum, not a personal attack. I realize Kleese is a longstanding member, and he's delivered posts and threads of real value in the past. These "Picks, Pats and Pardons" go against the purpose of ES Stadium forum in substance and spirit. I think Kleese is a better member than that, and should find a better approach.

Last Week: 15-1

Season: 26-6

Redskins: 1-1

Against the Spread: 6-1-1

Lock of the Week: 1-1

www.edkleese.blogspot.com

This slate of games will be much tougher to pick this week. I happen to think the Eagles are going to have a hard time against the Giants. The giants are playing with zero expectations right now which makes them dangerous. I also think the Giants will completely exploit the Eagles rush defense/

I agree with your pics for the most part.But i do think the Skins win in big D on monday night.Not because of the fan in me but because of how injured the boys are and i think we have the better team all around right now.Granted the better team does not always win.

I keep seeing this sentiment. I understand that the Pukes are banged up, but so are we. Remember that Barnes, Wilson, and Gomes were injured last week, and they will likely play, but so will Dez Bryant, Romo sits to pee, and Felix Jones. Everyone is beat up. I think that the real key is the inside pressure from Cofield and our MLBs. If we can provide decent inside pressure against their rather weak interior line, I think we can keep Romo sits to pee from having a good day (and hopefully knock him out again).

ASF--

I suppose I can see where you are coming from, but you have to understand that my "blog" isn't much of a blog at all and there is nothing to "pimp" or any real benefit to have people hit on my site. The reason I do it this way? Laziness...it's easier to read straight from my blog than if I copy and paste it here....when I do that, I have to then redo spacing, bold, italics, etc... it's just easier this way.

And yes, I do fall back on my "grandfathered" status around here...not because I think I'm special or more important than anyone else, but because I have a base of posts over the years that I would think make it clear that I'm not a random spammer, etc.

I will do whatever the mods tell me to do, but my thought on this is that you might be taking it a tad too seriously...although I do understand that you are just trying to "protect" the board.

---------- Post added September-24th-2011 at 11:28 PM ----------

15-1 last week...well done sir.

Like you're spread games exception of the Browns. Miami is a good team that has the ability to pass as well as play D. I'm really not sure what CLE does well. I actually really like the Fins in this one as a solid play. We'll see. I think I'm gonna ride you on the Texans and CIN...

Not sure what you are seeing from the Dolphins that leads you to believe they are "good team." I think they are battling Seattle right now for Andrew Luck. They might win this week, but it would be more of a reflection on the Browns IMO.

---------- Post added September-24th-2011 at 11:30 PM ----------

Love the PPP kleese, and what a job last week, but care to elaborate a tad? You pick the 'Boys seemingly because of the history factor, what do you see beyond that?

Like I said, as a fan, it's hard to forget history. On paper, I really kind of like us this week, but two things hold me back.

1. History, etc... I will be at the game and I'm just not sure I can envision myself walking out of there happy considering our recent (and my) recent history there

2. Rex. Love what he is doing, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't cringing waiting for that dud to come along.

---------- Post added September-24th-2011 at 11:31 PM ----------

I have absolutely no problem with this guy promoting his blog here even though he's not a Skins fan. He offers a different perspective of the team & league wide. Why complain about this ? But what do I know ? Im just a benchwarmer.

Oh, I'm a fan JB....just try to keep it neutral on my picks

---------- Post added September-24th-2011 at 11:32 PM ----------

This slate of games will be much tougher to pick this week. I happen to think the Eagles are going to have a hard time against the Giants. The giants are playing with zero expectations right now which makes them dangerous. I also think the Giants will completely exploit the Eagles rush defense/

No doubt....15-1 looks awesome, but in reality, it was a pretty easy week to pick. In my Pick Em group the majority of the people had 12 or more wins last week.

I could see the point about putting this in ATN if there were 50 people a day posting links to their picks but as far as I know Kleese is the only one doing it regularly so what's the big deal?

It would probably make sense to put the skins pick in the thread though instead of some random team that has nothing to do with the stadium, which is supposed to be about the Skins.

Well I for one would be disappointed if I DIDN'T see kleese posting PPP here, it is a regular part of the season, can't see anyone really raising an objection to it.

I get your point man, I've lived through all that "history" w/ the 'Boys as well but to me, that's where the new attitude and discipline come in, I want to see this team write their own history. I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt until proven otherwise. Not to disagree w/ your prediction, I just see a different outcome.

I like and more or less agree with most of these picks.

The toughest game this week to pick is the Texans - Saints. I really don't know who I give the edge to, but it's going to be a close game.

The one I disagree with are:

I think the Dolphins beat the Browns, I think the Bengals beat the 49ers by a lot more than 3, I thin the Raiders beat the Jets, and I think the Chargers - Chiefs game is within 10 points.

But hey, it's a whole lot easier to point out where you disagree with a sports blog than it to actually write one.

I keep seeing this sentiment. I understand that the Pukes are banged up, but so are we. Remember that Barnes, Wilson, and Gomes were injured last week, and they will likely play, but so will Dez Bryant, Romo sits to pee, and Felix Jones. Everyone is beat up. I think that the real key is the inside pressure from Cofield and our MLBs. If we can provide decent inside pressure against their rather weak interior line, I think we can keep Romo sits to pee from having a good day (and hopefully knock him out again).

I understand that.No team is 100% healthy after 2 weeks.But the Boys are more banged up and then we are.

Austin,Dockery,and Scandrick, are all out.

Bryant and Romo sits to pee have yet to practice,But im sure they will play.But at what level?

Jones and ©,Costas have been very limited and i dont think Costas will play with that knee injury.

But all injurys aside i think we are the better team.Even without LL and CC.

On Defense,Inside pressure is definitely the key especially with a back up center and guard.

On offense i think we need to exploit there weak secondary and at the same time open up the run.

I think the picks are impressive from last week, and yeah it is not much of a blog, so it is not taking anything away from the Board.

With that said I have to disagree with the analysis on why the Skins will drop the game in Dallas because it seems more based upon a "feeling" because of a stadium record. That is more a of "fan" analysis then anything else. You are simply not factoring in the key injured players for Dallas that will not be playing and the fact that Romo sits to pee will probably start, but not survive the game.

I see the score as 20-17 Skins. Again we take advantage of the Boys injury situation, doubling up on their TE in coverage on D, and the Skubs pound it out on the ground with Helu and Hightower. This will be possible because the O line will have a good solid game, creating some great opening. They will for the most part contain Ware.... but Ware will get through a few times. Hall is fortunate that Austin is sidelined. That would have been ugly...:) Finally our friend Rex is on the National Stage and will not be the goat this go round.

Archived