Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

CLOBBER THE COWBOYS (Week 3 Goal Updated - 1000 Hit at 11:07 PM - New Goal: 1200)

Hitman21ST

How I became a Redskins fan having lived on the central coast, CA my whole life, and having never been to DC or anywhere close, anytime in my life.

I've always hated Dallas. I think it started with my mom an stepdad would watch Dallas on Friday nights, and my choices were go in my room or watch that damn show. I usually lasted through the intro song, and of course what else was well-featured during the intro than the 'Pukes and their pukey field. I immediately associated that team with "F DALLAS". I was about 6 at the time.

Later in life, in my teens, I saw the 9ers go to their Super Bowls, but didn't really follow football. I was more into baseball (Go A's) since that was the only organized sport I ever played. Then the gangs came in to the picture, and the largest gang in CA usually wears 'Girls jerseys and hats, because they're blue. Same with the Dodgers, and to a slightly lesser extent, the Raiders. I was not a big fan of seeing the place I grew up become somewhere I wouldn't feel comfortable taking my kid to, so again, the negative connotations.

When I moved away, about 200 miles south of where I grew up, I was like 20. That's when I started following football religiously. I remember working nightshift at a grocery store and was talking to some dude about how I was taking up following NFL as a hobby and told him of my hatred for Dallas, and he told me of how the Redskins had owned them during the 90s even though the 'Girls won their Super Bowls. This was 1997 btw, and pre-internet, so the biggest news I remember hearing about at the time was the Rickey Williams trade. So while I didn't jump aboard around the time of Redskins Super Bowl wins, I DID think that a lot of drafts would go on like this in the future. I remember when Deion was a Skin, I was still a noob to football but I recognized this as an abomination.

Then the suckage began, and each year yielded more preseason hope and regular season fail than the last. Schottenheimer, Spurrier, Gibbs 2, QB Guru Zorn. And I didn't know why this kept happening. I really thought the team was cursed. Then I came here, to ES, and learned about Vinny. And I've been following this site ever since, day in an day out, even when the only news was bad news and/or cheap shots by the media.

Then Danny Boy went an hired the NFL lookalike to the Baldwin dude from 30Rock an Clint Shanawood, and it was obvious to me then that good things were in the making, 6-10 first year be damned.

HTTR, Eff Dallas, Eff the "we play in the worst city in the US not named Detroit" Iggles, and the "our QB has a touch of Downs but we gave up a lot for him and he was there when we got our last SB win" Vagiants. HTTR indeed.

PS- If they could also beat the 'Girls when theyr'e at Fedex that would also be nice, because I'll be there for that game, which will be not only my first NFL game but my first WAS game AT HOME LOOKING LIVE AT FEDEX FIELD, I'd really appreciate it. :)

KILL THEM!!!! they have the most retarded fans ever. fans who never been to dallas, born and raised in DC (or nothern VA...can't get much closer to DC...WOULD be within city limits except DC is smallest geographical city in US)....all of their fans are trash talking bandwagon idiots who are craving attention. they must not have had much as a kid. i hope we destroy them and the rest of their season! HTTR!!!!

Archived