Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Officially Ryan Kerrigan worship thread

IamRobG

The tackle he had for a loss coming across the entire line was absolutely sick. I absolutely love this kid. How great was this draft?

Love it.

I was impressed with that play, his football intelligence is amazing, this kid obviously "gets it".

To be on the backside of the play, and scrape all the way down the line AND make the tackle for a loss as a rookie...outstanding!

I really love his determination and hustle.

Love this kid, and I love Rak as well.. but honestly, Rak is just an above average player, Kerrigan has a chance to be a feared player if eh keeps this play up.

Dude, why do we have to compare the two? Why can't they both just be great for us. Just like the Davis/Cooley comparisons. Why can't we just be happy we have two great players at these positions (for once) and leave well enough alone.

No need to be putting anyone on a pedestal.

I was impressed with that play, his football intelligence is amazing, this kid obviously "gets it".

To be on the backside of the play, and scrape all the way down the line AND make the tackle for a loss as a rookie...outstanding!

I really love his determination and hustle.

Absolutely agree...and no doubt the Cowboys will run a boot to his side next game. It'll be fun to watch him adjust as team learn his tendancies.

This is the best comment on ES all year so far. Classic :paranoid: All average players make the Pro Bowl their first two seasons in the NFL. Oh wait.....I mean AFL.

Oh give me a break with that pro bowl BS. You seriously use that to judge how "great" a player is? AHHAH

Look, Rak is a nice player..makes some plays and gets some pressure. What is he REALLY doing that other players at his position Can't do? Nothing...

3 FFs in 33 games is NOT great, not by far. Hate me all you want, I call it what it is. Rak has to step it up a little to be feared like other pass rushers..

Personally, I've never been in the room with an offensive coordinator while they gameplan, so my opinion doesn't really have any validity here. But judging chips by RB's and tight end help, I guess teams gameplan for Orakpo. But again, I have no definitive knowledge, just a guess.

Personally, I've never been in the room with an offensive coordinator while they gameplan, so my opinion doesn't really have any validity here. But judging chips by RB's and tight end help, I guess teams gameplan for Orakpo. But again, I have no definitive knowledge, just a guess.

Well, I could flip that around and say "judging by how effective chips and TE blocks have worked against Rak proves my point" but I won't.

You think a TE could block Dware? or a chip? No, and I don't even think Dware is ALWAYS great, but you better damn well know where he is when you play the Boyz

Well, I could flip that around and say "judging by how effective chips and TE blocks have worked against Rak proves my point" but I won't.

You think a TE could block Dware? or a chip? No, and I don't even think Dware is ALWAYS great, but you better damn well know where he is when you play the Boyz

I think a TE/T combo on Ware would be effective a majority of the time, like it is on Orakpo. I'm not saying Orakpo is as good as Ware, but I do consider him someone who is feared by opponents and needs to be prepared for

I think a TE/T combo on Ware would be effective a majority of the time, like it is on Orakpo. I'm not saying Orakpo is as good as Ware, but I do consider him someone who is feared by opponents and needs to be prepared for

Rak isn't getting double teamed too often..

You guys act liek I'm bashing Rak, I'm not. Coupled with some other pass rushers he will be a really effective player. He just needs to wreak more havoc to actually be the player most homers think he already is.

Rak isn't getting double teamed too often..

You guys act liek I'm bashing Rak, I'm not. Coupled with some other pass rushers he will be a really effective player. He just needs to wreak more havoc to actually be the player most homers think he already is.

I think he is close to being an elite pass rusher. He needs to get better at forcing turnovers and finishing to be in that category. He has too many plays where he is a step too late.

I think he is close to being an elite pass rusher. He needs to get better at forcing turnovers and finishing to be in that category. He has too many plays where he is a step too late.

See, this is fair IMO. He may be close, but this is the "not for long" league... careers don't last long.

he most definitely needs to force more turnovers, needs to learn another move or two and he needs to show up in more crucial situations. It doesn't mean he isn't any good,

Calling him average is bashing him. Reed Doughty is average.

Is Rak elite? Not quite.

Is he average? Far above it.

Read much?

I said he is an "ABOVE" average player... he is not far above it, no matter what you say.

We likely would have had the same amount of pressure out there today with Jackson.. or at least close to it

---------- Post added September-19th-2011 at 01:36 AM ----------

I don't care what batman says, to me Orakpo is a beast. I like to see his stats for his career vs. the "elite" players for the same amount of games played. I wouldn't be surprised if he is just as good or better.

His stats so far = 20.5 sacks and 3, yes only 3 forced fumbles in 33 games. He better "Rak" up a heck of a lot more stats than that in a hurry.. Dware had 20 sacks in a season

Read much?

I said he is an "ABOVE" average player... he is not far above it, no matter what you say.

We likely would have had the same amount of pressure out there today with Jackson.. or at least close to it

Cool dude. No one agrees with you, but youre probably right.

Archived