Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Officially Ryan Kerrigan worship thread

IamRobG

Kerrigan appears to have a phenomenal football IQ.

I expect nothing less from a Purdue grad..;).

I'm glad to see that my all time favorite collegiate defender is transitioning well to the NFL. I'll play like Diesel and toot my own horn because I was on board with us drafting him 10th in January. There may have been some homerism involved but that can be overlooked in this instance.

This defense has been so much fun to watch, mostly because of the LB'ers. Kerrigan and Orakpo bring it EVERY PLAY. Both high motor guys that make plays rushing the passer and against the run. Plus Fletcher is as good as any MLB in the league (yeah, I said it.).

We're going to see Kerrigan and Orakpo meeting at the QB for years to come!

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 08:19 PM ----------

Does Kerrigan have an official nickname? My friend and I call him Master Blaster!!!

I'm not sure where I saw it, but I'm pretty sure people call him "Superman"

I know this thread is about Ryan but saying Brian is average or a little above average is just plain silly. We are set with Brian and Ryan for years to come I hope they bring they bring the pain agains the cowgirls. Cowboys week begins now!

P.S. Tony Dungy just said he is officially on the Redskins bandwagon, also referring to the Redskins as " My Redskins" .............. lol

I love how both Rak and Kerrigan fell to us without us even having to give up anything. We literally got the best defensive player in the draft both of those years

Yes they did. And they are going to be here for years.

BTW, I coined the nickname, Ker-again. I kept hearing Kerrigan again making a play.

Youve been on a roll with the fail lately. Im talking McD5 level fail.

:doh:

Seriously guys, get over the mancrush status.. Orakpo is awesome, but, he is far behind players like Demarcus Ware. You have to be completely blind if you don't think Kerrigan outplayed him these last 2 games. I am by no means bashing Rak, I love the guy, he just isn't someone that teams are game planning around. I'm also not placing Kerrigan above him right now, that's why if you bothered to read instead of getting your feelings hurt as soon as I mentioned Rak... I said "IF" he keeps this play up he will most definitely be more feared than Rak. The dude is batting balls, catching his own batted balls and returning them for points.. he's getting sacks and constant pressure.. He is killing it

Rak is only an above average player right now, only in Redskins fans eye is he legendary. He needs to learn more moves and show up in more crucial situations. Give him time, he still might be on the level of the greats, right now he has 20 sacks in 33 games with only 3 FF.. those numbers do not scream GREAT.

this is a team game, very ,much so, the best D we had was when we had Mann and Manly on the ends, now we have Kerrigan and Orakpo, with Neild up the middle, and the corners playing well, our D is to be respected, our LB's are good too, if any offense in the NFL is thinking we are easy they are gunna get beaten badly.....we have the ability now to take away and to score from those take aways on D. As soon as the O starts to work better together, i believe that a return to the "good ol days" (Gibbs #1) will follow quickly

you are way off the mark Sir

---------- Post added September-18th-2011 at 08:59 PM ----------

Love this kid, and I love Rak as well.. but honestly, Rak is just an above average player, Kerrigan has a chance to be a feared player if eh keeps this play up.

Rak is above average? you're smoking something good

Orakpo is awesome, but, he is far behind players like Demarcus Ware.

When Ware gets held, it gets called.

If I was Shanny, I'd put together a video package of all the times Rak has had that arm around his throat without being called, and send it to the league office.

When watching the draft I had no idea who he was and thought the Skins were crazy for getting him. But after looking at his highlights at Purdue and some action in preseason I figured he'd be a good fit. Now, just 2 games in, I'm starting to think he may be one of the Skins best picks in years. He's already had huge plays in both games. He's going to help us win a lot of games in the future

We're already placing Kerrigan ahead of Orakpo? Let's not get ahead of ourselves...

Also, they are on the same team, why even make a pecking order? Kerrigan wouldn't be who he is now if Orakpo didn't get as much attention. They've been throwing to Kerrigan's side because he's a rookie, they're doubling up with a back on Orakpo to chip him and letting Kerrigan go alone.

Let's go now.

*Edit. I'm not saying Kerrigan sucks. I'm saying neither one is who they are without the other. We saw Orakpo be a beast in his rookie year with Carter getting attention. We saw Orakpo come down to earth last year without much help from the other side.

They need each other, like my poop needs the toilet right now.

correct.

When Ware gets held, it gets called.

If I was Shanny, I'd put together a video package of all the times Rak has had that arm around his throat without being called, and send it to the league office.

I'll give you that, but I highly dount Rak is the only player in the NFL getting held this much.. it's just that we see it all the time because we're watching the Skins games. Goes back to the point of him needing to learn more moves,. Every pass rusher in the NFL gets held..

Rak is awesome and coupled with Kerrigan it could be a very nasty duo, but right now, he's not really putting fear in anyone. Everyone needs to take off the homer glasses and see that

Archived