Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: 'Boys must hope Romo finds way to raise game under pressure

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8222c557/article/boys-must-hope-Romo sits to pee-finds-way-to-raise-game-under-pressure?module=HP11_hot_topics

It's hard to give Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo sits to pee the "first-game" pass for fumbling and throwing an interception in Sunday's loss to the Jets because his late-game breakdowns have happened too often at key moments throughout his nine-year career.

While his teammates will publicly have his back, Dallas could be treading into dangerous territory when it comes to Romo sits to pee.

Players and coaches will grow tired of playing well enough to win and have Romo sits to pee turn the ball over or make a mistake that leads to a loss. It happened last season in Minnesota with Brett Favre. The disenchantment came in whispers, but it was there.

In the midst of a stretch where Favre threw 10 interceptions during an early-season malaise in which Minnesota lost four of six games, players and coaches told me (not for publication at the time) how frustrated they were because everyone knew Favre was the problem. However, everyone seemed to sidestep it in order to avoid controversy.

That frustration only compounded angst toward then-coach Brad Childress and had players second-guessing a lot of what was going on.

If Romo sits to pee continues to slip when it matters most, the same thing could happen in a locker room that we know hasn't been the most unified during the Romo sits to pee era. That simmering dissent could fracture faith, and that would be a wrap for a team with the potential to get to the playoffs and make something happen once they're there.

It's all about Romo sits to pee now. The defense, special teams and other parts of the offense will be afforded some margin for error. Not Romo sits to pee.

Where things could get even more complicated is Plan B. What is it?...

They've groomed third-stringer Stephen McGee for three seasons, and maybe they ramp up his development. Drafting a quarterback in 2012 would be a prudent investment, regardless of where things go with Romo sits to pee.

The Cowboys just have to hope that Romo sits to pee finally stops being like the basketball player who scores 28 points per game but none in the final minute.

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 07:55 PM ----------

This, of course, reminds me of a few threads started last year:

Dallas Fans (and anyone else): How Much Longer Do You Give Romo sits to pee Before You Decide To Look Elsewhere?

Star-Telegram: Some Cowboys Players Tired Of Romo sits to pee "Getting A Free Pass"

I have quite a few friends and family who are Cowboy fans. They're done with Romo sits to pee at this point.

Of course, a win this weekend would change their mind.

Romo sits to pee's going to have a huge game this weekend. It's what he does. He lights up the lesser teams especially after a loss. It's what's so maddening about him. He can look like Montana for stretches but he just brain cramps at the most inopportune times. I think he's just stupid.

They have given up on him.

NOT Kenny, this from another thread. Apparently unbeknowst to everyone Romo sits to pee is an elite QB. You know the kind that comes through with the game on the line.

From Ken: First blush is that Tony is a terrible qb (according to most here) but in reality he is an elite qb in the 4th quarter with the score close. The stats bear that out.

NOT Kenny, this from another thread. Apparently unbeknowst to everyone Romo sits to pee is an elite QB. You know the kind that comes through with the game on the line.

From Ken: First blush is that Tony is a terrible qb (according to most here) but in reality he is an elite qb in the 4th quarter with the score close. The stats bear that out.

He is this guy .... Great QB, Never will win the big game ... Good ol' Danny White

white.jpg

Wow, no Dallass fan comments?

They've started rooting for their second favorite teams.

---------- Post added September-13th-2011 at 08:18 PM ----------

He is this guy .... Great QB, Never will win the big game ... Good ol' Danny White

white.jpg

White actually won more than one playoff game.

I think Tony takes a lot more heat than other QBs because he's a Cowboy. I also kinda like it that way. ;)

(Honestly I think the guy is a good football player and probably a nice person.)

He also got lots of underserved hype and more notoriety out of it, which he basked in. Gotta take the good with the bad, nice person or not.

Archived