Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Mario Williams vs DeMarcus Ware sack watch...OVER

If anything, Rob Ryan is using him better than Wade Phillips did. That doesn't actually help tr1's cause but I'm fairly sure he'll try to use it as an out at some point :doh:

Agreed. I have to give props to Williams though. He did a great job on Ware, and he did it by himself. That was impressive and a huge part of the Skins early success last night. Dallas didn't get much of a pass rush until the 4th.

I'd take Williams over Free all day everday.

He's a stud for sure.

Pretty obvious that Free is a right tackle. The Cowboys got away with him playing on the left last year, but is no more than above average. Definitely not elite, maybe not even good, just a a bit more than an adequate player. They have to get Tyron Smith ready to play on the left, if they want a plus player at the position. He did well against Kerrigan.

Trent really only held him once. As opposed to Free, who held Rak at every opportunity. Be careful of the smack you wish to talk, your tackles were worse at the holding thing than ours :)

I would like to express my disagreement with this statement in the strongest possible terms. Free held twice, and the Cowboys were penalized both times. Williams tackled Ware around the ankles twice, neither was called. He also got away with a false start. It seems to me that both teams did their fair share of holding, but only one team got penalized for it.

I would like to express my disagreement with this statement in the strongest possible terms. Free held twice, and the Cowboys were penalized both times.

Non sense. But do you notice a trend? We're saying Williams didn't hold all that often, you;re saying Free didn't hold that often. Couldn't be because we are fans of different teams, could it?

Non sense. But do you notice a trend? We're saying Williams didn't hold all that often, you;re saying Free didn't hold that often. Couldn't be because we are fans of different teams, could it?

they both held... a LOT...only one got called...the holding calls did not get called fairly for both teams, and more then once he had a false start not called........

Free played a horrible game last night. I've watched Free since he was a rookie and I can't say that I have never seen him look as poor as he did last night, with regards to pass blocking. Not an excuse, he was beaten cleanly on multiple occasions but I will tell you, that was a bit uncharacteristic of him. There may be something wrong with Free. He got beaten badly by Orakpo but then you guys brought in your second team player, Jackson I think it was, and he beat him cleanly also. There is an issue there I think.

Free played a horrible game last night. I've watched Free since he was a rookie and I can't say that I have never seen him look as poor as he did last night, with regards to pass blocking. Not an excuse, he was beaten cleanly on multiple occasions but I will tell you, that was a bit uncharacteristic of him. There may be something wrong with Free. He got beaten badly by Orakpo but then you guys brought in your second team player, Jackson I think it was, and he beat him cleanly also. There is an issue there I think.

Jackson is actually a pretty good pass rusher. Unfortunately that's all he can do as he's horrible against the run and was basically responsible for both of Jones's big runs.

Jackson is actually a pretty good pass rusher. Unfortunately that's all he can do as he's horrible against the run and was basically responsible for both of Jones's big runs.

I'm sure he is. He would not be on an NFL roster if he did not have skills but Free goes against DWare every practice and he does well. Something was not right with Free last night. I don't know what it might be but he has much better ability to pass block then what he showed last night. One thing is for sure, if there is something wrong, teams will find it and exploit it before too long.

I'm sure he is. He would not be on an NFL roster if he did not have skills but Free goes against DWare every practice and he does well. Something was not right with Free last night. I don't know what it might be but he has much better ability to pass block then what he showed last night. One thing is for sure, if there is something wrong, teams will find it and exploit it before too long.

Orakpo does that against almost every single opponent he squares off against. The problem is that Orakpo is just bad at finishing. His repertoire of moves is limited and he can be defeated all too easily by the quasi-holding hook around the neck that refs rarely call.

I noticed how they moved Ware from his normal right side of the D. Good move by the son of Buddy. Skins must address the RT spot.

We should have adjusted by putting a RB or something on that side to help out. It was sad watching Ware get off the snap faster than Brown could flinch.

Orakpo does that against almost every single opponent he squares off against. The problem is that Orakpo is just bad at finishing. His repertoire of moves is limited and he can be defeated all too easily by the quasi-holding hook around the neck that refs rarely call.

Was actually talking about Jackson here. Orakpo is a very fine player.

Archived