Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Mario Williams vs DeMarcus Ware sack watch...OVER

Williams now has Ware's old D-Coordinator...and in that ridiculously lengthy thread about how tr1 might have been right about Ware, someone said something like "It will be interesting to see how Mario Williams compares to Ware this year now that he has Phillips as his coach."

Sooo...gonna keep tabs on both players and see how they compare each week. :thumbsup:

*EDIT: Williams is out for the year due to injury, so the sack race between him and Ware comes to an end.

Mario Williams: 5 sacks in 5 games

DeMarcus Ware: 5 sacks in 4 games

Chris Neild: 2 sacks in 1 game. ;)

Texas top pro team: 1 win.

Texas forgotten pro team: 1 loss.

I'ma liking Williams here.

Hail.

:ols: :applause:

They aren't the same player, not even close. Their numbers may be identical right now, but once the seasons over, I think Ware will be way ahead of Williams. Wares a beast.

What, you're just ignoring Chris Neild in all of this? :mad:

tr1: Chris Neild is just a product of Haslett's defensive scheme

:silly:

Just jokes.

LOL!

:ols:

---------- Post added September-12th-2011 at 07:56 PM ----------

They aren't the same player, not even close. Their numbers may be identical right now, but once the seasons over, I think Ware will be way ahead of Williams. Wares a beast.

Sure...he's a beast...:rolleyes:

Williams now has Ware's old D-Coordinator...and in that ridiculously lengthy thread about how tr1 might have been right about Ware, someone said something like "It will be interesting to see how Mario Williams compares to Ware this year now that he has Phillips as his coach."

Sooo...gonna keep tabs on both players and see how they compare each week. :thumbsup:

Week 1:

Mario Williams: 2 sacks

DeMarcus Ware: 2 sacks

And just for ****s and giggles:

Chris Neild: 2 sacks :D...

So...by TR1's logic, he is wrong so far because Ware looks as good as ever with a different defensive coordinator. Not to mention that Williams has been a stud before converting to a LB having 14, 12, and 9 sack seasons as a DE.

The real test is whether Ware will lose production without the great Phillips. I think we all know the answer to that....except TR1, lol.

So...by TR1's logic, he is wrong so far because Ware looks as good as ever with a different defensive coordinator. Not to mention that Williams has been a stud before converting to a LB having 14, 12, and 9 sack seasons as a DE.

9 sacks deserves "stud" status?

The real test is whether Ware will lose production without the great Phillips. I think we all know the answer to that....except TR1, lol.

You've been so wrong so often, Ken, that I'm surprised you still keep predictions in your online arsenal lol...

Ware will have a much better season than Williams. Williams is just learning the 3-4 and as a nearly 300lbs rusher is out of place at either OLB or DE in Wade's system. I wouldn't be surprised if they dangled him as trade bait before next years draft to a team that runs a 4-3.

Then this thread will be a ringing endorsement for that opinion, yes?

You didn't need this thread for that. Saw a stat today on nfl live when Lamar Woodley was on. Since 2008, Ware leads the league in sacks with 51 or 50, forget which one. The next closest has 41.5. That's all system? BS

The man has averaged 13+ sacks a year for his career. Put him in any defense and he's the featured player because, surprise, defenses feature their best players.

You didn't need this thread for that. Saw a stat today on nfl live when Lamar Woodley was on. Since 2008, Ware leads the league in sacks with 51 or 50, forget which one. The next closest has 41.5. That's all system? BS

The man has averaged 13+ sacks a year for his career. Put him in any defense and he's the featured player because, surprise, defenses feature their best players.

Here's another stat for you:

2011 - QB rating against 92.8, 25.5 ppg against

2010 - QB rating against 92.4, 27.5 ppg against

Yeah, he's friggin dominant.

Blaming other people in 3...2...and 1

Here's another stat for you:

2011 - QB rating against 92.8, 25.5 ppg against

2010 - QB rating against 92.4, 27.5 ppg against

Yeah, he's friggin dominant.

Blaming other people in 3...2...and 1

He does not play every position.

I guess you think Suh sucked last year too, or that Patrick Willis is no good, Mario Williams also sucks(26.7ppg last year), Dwight Freeney is no good

come on, that's weak

He does not play every position.

I guess you think Suh sucked last year too, or that Patrick Willis is no good, Mario Williams also sucks(26.7ppg last year), Dwight Freeney is no good

come on, that's weak

I never said he wasn't good. He's just not dominant. Demarcus Ware never takes over a game like Lawrence Taylor did. He just doesn't. He doesn't take over games like Ray Lewis still can at 36. Suh affects a game a lot more than Ware does. Ware gets his sacks but no teams run away from him. You don't sit there and watch a Dallas game and marvel at what he does every play. He's better than Orakpo but not remarkably so. And he never dominates good tackles. You can worship him all you want and he's a tremendous player but he's not even close to being the most dominant defender in the league.

Archived