Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Mario Williams vs DeMarcus Ware sack watch...OVER

There has never been a linebacker in the history of the nfl that can cover an nfl WR. None. That's why they're linebackers, and not cornerbacks or safeties. Hell, linebackers can't even cover TE's these days(any linebacker), and you expect him to cover a WR?

no, no he doesn't expect him to. he says those things when he runs out of other things to say..........and hopes no one would notice or call him out.

look he went from a average player, to a player that benefits from the scheme to not HOF worthy.......(there was a lot in between as well, but who can keep up......

the truth of the matter is, once you go to the "he isn't HOF material" card.......you have essentially waved the white flag!

I request that any ATN regulars who read this to adhere to it, and please pass it on to others who obviously may miss reading it.

For awhile, tr1 will be posting exclusively in the stadium if he chooses to post. We sometimes restrict certain forums to a specific poster for board management reasons that are not open to discussion beyond the involved parties.

Since tr1 will not be able to respond to anything posted in here for a time, it seems only fair to request that posters refrain from any extended and continuing responses to what's he's recently posted.

Understand that this has nothing to do with anyone else's business.

Thank you.

Carry on.

I request that any ATN regulars who read this to adhere to it, and please pass it on to others who obviously may miss reading it.

For awhile, tr1 will be posting exclusively in the stadium if he chooses to post. We sometimes restrict certain forums to a specific poster for board management reasons that are not open to discussion beyond the involved parties.

Since tr1 will not be able to respond to anything posted in here for a time, it seems only fair to request that posters refrain from any extended and continuing responses to what's he's recently posted.

Understand that this has nothing to do with anyone else's business.

Thank you.

Carry on.

On that topic....he will be missed. Right or wrong, he helps to make this place lively. I actually think that he should earn a paycheck. :)

But I am not the only one who counts when it comes to making decisions around here, and while I did not do it, I find you are being given help from a Higher Authority...

There's a higher authority around here than you?...I've been kissing up to the wrong mod lol... :paranoid:

And to be a bit more serious for a second, wouldn't this...

Of all the idiocy that gets paraded through ATN by any number of folks, the proposition that Ware is anything other than a great player stands out among the most stupid...

...be seen as a "passive/aggressive attempt at an insult" as well? :D

There's a higher authority around here than you?...I've been kissing up to the wrong mod lol... :paranoid:

And to be a bit more serious for a second, wouldn't this...

...be seen as a "passive/aggressive attempt at an insult" as well? :D

I didn't say "higher" than me. ;)

There are several "higher authorities" here, ya know, and we're all high enough :silly:

It always pays to remember how I often choose my wording with great specificity. :)

And, no, that other line is not passive/aggressive. And since I'm the one of the two us who is a highly credentialed professional in those matters, you can trust me to know. :D

That statement (among other I made), again, is being very specific with wording. In this case it's to serve the desire to make certain blunt or harsh assessments (as I will do when I feel merited) while being mindful of the rules of our forum. Some of us (especially the people who wrote the rules) know how to be castigating while avoiding violating rule 5, for instance, and many others don't. :cool:

Now let this be a reminder that if you're going to get in the ring with me, I have a right cross that's killer and a left hook that's deadly, but my jab is effective enough that I hardy use the others and will just set you up for an uppercut. :pfft:

I'm just having fun with you Cali. Not that it matters, but you are one of my faves and have no need to suck up (not that you ever have, for real).

But I feel like making one more serious comment on one aspect of my recent posts in here: I received a PM from tr1, and replied in as fair and genuinely caring manner as possible. While he implied a certain action he was going to take in regard to this matter, I won't state it since it should be up to him to say anything.

My hope, however, is that after reflection, whatever upsetting reactions he felt, he won't "take his ball and go home." I am hoping that the idea of him being temporarily restricted to posting only on what is his own team in the forum we built this whole site around (the stadium) and where most of us are very active as Redskins fans, will not seem so unpleasant to him that he simply refuses to participate at all. He's hardly ever in the tailgate, and simply having to take a break from ATN and "all things cowboy" will hopefully not be terminal to his posting.

At least, that's my view and I only state all this here because I have long been a believer in trying to be as open about board management matters in our main forums as warranted, since we are a community for many folks, who often have an investment of caring, as well as whatever other functions we serve for any specific individual. :helmet:

With that, back to the topic of the thread title. :)

I didn't say "higher" than me. ;)

There are several "higher authorities" here, ya know, and we're all high enough :silly:

It always pays to remember how I often choose my wording with great specificity. :)

Well, it definitely sounded like you were saying you personally may not have taken a strong stance but a "higher authority" than you made the decision :yes:...

"Now personally it's OK with me....But I am not the only one who counts when it comes to making decisions around here, and while I did not do it, I find you are being given help from a Higher Authority..."

It's good to know that my brown-nosing was not wasted lol

20110421_flattery_sucking_up_18.jpg

And, no, that other line is not passive/aggressive. And since I'm the one of the two us who is a highly credentialed professional in those matters, you can trust me to know. :D

Now let this be a reminder that if you're going to get in the ring with me, I have a right cross that's killer and a left hook that's deadly, but my jab is effective enough that I hardy use the others and will just set you up for an uppercut. :pfft:

My brother is has a PhD in psychology and is a psych professor at Fordham University...and we get into it all the time lol...And I've gone toe-to-toe with Art lol...so I'm battle-tested :silly:...

I'm just having fun with you Cali. Not that it matters, but you are one of my faves and have no need to suck up (not that you ever have, for real).

I appreciate, and return, the sentiment, amigo :cheers:...and, no, I don't think we've ever really even talked on a thread before...but honestly, I have yet to have issues with a mod, even when they're, um, "correcting" me in one form or another lol. And after visiting boards like Cowboyszone, I really have no problem with the mods here :ols:...

(stuff about tr1)

This isn't necessarily about tr1, but I've had "intelligent Skins fans" make the same claim about me and the Cowboys that are made about him...and it's completely asinine that they do lol :ols:...not to mention having the same "intelligent Skins fans" follow me around from thread to thread taking immature jabs at me over the same perceived obsession over the Cowboys...as well as receiving some completely juvenile PMs from the "intelligent Skins fans" that try feebly to get under my skin with immature, cliched insults and homo-erotic imagery.

I don't complain about it to mods or anyone, though...to quote Cedric the Entertainer, "I'm a grown-ass man" lol :ols:...none of it makes even the slightest dent in my being or psyche, and I can't imagine caring THAT much about what anonymous posters of a message board think about anything to let it be something that occupies my thoughts and that I need to bring up over and over again. But I guess I have a fan club of sorts :D...

With that, back to the topic of the thread title. :)

Unfortunately the thread topic was rendered null and void when Williams went on IR :(...or at least part of it was. Ware is still thriving even with a different coordinator, but I also would have loved to see how Williams would have panned out this season with Pizza Party Wade as his D-Coordinator.

Yeah, I can see how you could read it that way, Cali. :)

Your brother and I may have run into each other at APA conventions. Especially if he likes the kinky divisions of the Human Sexuality research groups and those awesome Long Island Teas they serve. :pfft:

I know you can handle yourself with anyone. We also share that "wise detachment" in our approach to this board (or for me, any "social" interactions that are net-driven with a very few exceptions). :cool:

Per sack machines, I really think we will, by year four under this FO, have an even more productive pass rush unit in place to enhance and add to Orakpo's contributions.

Well, it definitely sounded like you were saying you personally may not have taken a strong stance but a "higher authority" than you made the decision :yes:...

"Now personally it's OK with me....But I am not the only one who counts when it comes to making decisions around here, and while I did not do it, I find you are being given help from a Higher Authority..."

It's good to know that my brown-nosing was not wasted lol

Mario would be doing great under Fatty mc fat-stuff Phillips. His version of the 34 definitely shows up "stats-wise" in good favor for his OLB's.......and on top of that,. Mario Williams is also a GREAT PLAYER......something we all forget to realize when making this comparison. Mario Williams is a GREAT player and will succeed in any defense, and will definitely have multi-double digit sacks with Phillips calling the defense.

HOWEVER, Ware is also GREAT, in any way you wanna say it. Specialized pass rusher, pass rushing OLB, DE..........whatever, it matters not what you wanna call him, the man can play, and plays at the highest level. funny how the argument becomes "he isn't HOF material" ....when at this pace, someday he will be HOF material......and he will not have an asterisk on his name saying *but he cant cover WR..........

and the thread will continue, because of the Kerri/Orakpo comparison that was made by a Skins fan...and a post'er here i happen to respect and like a lot! I cant wait to see how that finishes out, i dont for a second believe he will stay on this pace and beat them both combined, but it will be close....

On the Phillips makes sack machines notion, yes he does, but he's also been lucky to coach some awesome talents at the position. Merriman (while still juicing) was a beast in SD, and Phillips wasn't far behind. Ware, well this thread has more then covered it. Williams is an athletic freak as well.

And on a side note, very impressed with how this board is moderated. Not many boards mods go to the effort they here do to be fair and give warnings to posters before just flat out banning them. Definitely not something that is required, especially to a rival fan such as myself.

And on a side note, very impressed with how this board is moderated. Not many boards mods go to the effort they here do to be fair and give warnings to posters before just flat out banning them. Definitely not something that is required, especially to a rival fan such as myself.

Moderator's pet :silly:

:cheers:

Archived