Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Cooley calls Eagles class of NFC East, says 'Skins 'not the team'

SWFLSkins

Is Cooley playing some games here or is he trying out as an anchor, I don't remember seeing him too often in a suit.

__________________________________ http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d821fe807/article/cooley-calls-eagles-class-of-nfc-east-says-skins-not-the-team?module=HP11_headline_stack

Redskins tight end Chris Cooley, in a show of political savvy or downright admiration, said Tuesday that while any team could win the brutal NFC East, the Eagles have landed on everyone's radar following their aggressive offseason.

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

"I think Philly’s the team to beat, looking at what they've done right now," Cooley told WJFK-FM. "But when you look at the NFL and you look at the East, everyone can be very good

Cooley held back on anointing the Redskins, saying: "Obviously, we're not the team to beat based on the way we played last year and what we've done over the past couple years."

Cooley is still dealing with a sore left knee, but hopes to be on the field Sunday against the New York Giants.

misleading thread title. "not the team" is a way different tone than "Obviously, we're not the team to beat based on the way we played last year and what we've done over the past couple years." the former makes it sound like he's trashing the team, when really he's just (accurately) labeling them the underdog or dark horse.

misleading thread title. "not the team" is a way different tone than "Obviously, we're not the team to beat based on the way we played last year and what we've done over the past couple years." the former makes it sound like he's trashing the team, when really he's just (accurately) labeling them the underdog or dark horse.

Completely agree there (although it's actually the title of the article, so you can't blame the thread starter)...in fact, there should be some ellipses after "not the team" (in other words, "not the team...") to indicate that Cooley said more after that comment. Extremely crappy way of portraying the guy's words.

I can't stand it when journalists over-indulge themselves on a sensational title. Extremely annoying.

Title is definitely misleading. I came in to the thread thinking Cooley was 'outing' the 'Skins and saying basically this year we will suck and all praise be Eagles football, lol

yeah thats what i was thinking when i saw it....... i thought... "surely he isnt doggin us"

Archived