Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NFL.com: Cooley calls Eagles class of NFC East, says 'Skins 'not the team'

SWFLSkins

If Portis said this, he was labeled as s cancer who runs his mouth too much but Cooely say's and does whatever he wants and still remains the "classy hero"

Not true, it's all in the how you say it. Portis had a tendency to get upset and say silly things out of frustration. Cooley was very careful in what he said here, and the fact is...he's right.

That's because Portis would have said it while wearing a Phillies hat :ols:

The reason he said he didn't where a Nationals hat was because (and I quote) 'No one gave me on'.

My response to that: what a cheap b****rd. He needs, and expects, to be given everything.

Glad he is gone.

I really hope this is our last season with Cooley. Yeah, the guy does well in between the 20's but he disappears in the redzone and hasn't broken a tackle since 09. At his peak he was a playmaker who rarely went down on first contact but multiple injuries have robbed him of those abilities. Lets not ignore the fact that when Cooley went down his backup scored more TD's in 10 games then Cooley has the last 39 games.

This post bleeds with ignorance. My God, a top 5 TE and you don't want him?

The reason he said he didn't where a Nationals hat was because (and I quote) 'No one gave me on'.

My response to that: what a cheap b****rd. He needs, and expects, to be given everything.

Glad he is gone.

Um, I would take that as nobody gave me one...as in "you didn't buy me a hat so who the **** are you to tell me what to wear." My mother used to tell me that all the time and it stuck and I probably would have given the same answer without even thinking about it.

If Portis said this, he was labeled as s cancer who runs his mouth too much but Cooely say's and does whatever he wants and still remains the "classy hero"

Does whatever he wants? How? You say that as if he doesn't show up for camp and goes on vacations during the season, or that he doesn't buy into the team game plan... Cooley has been nothing but a class act a good team leader through a handful of coaching staffs day in and day out. For those of you who think this is the straw that broke the horses back, you don't deserve to cheer for the team.

Cooley speaks the truth, the Eagles went out and bought a fantasy football team. On paper and in Madden, they are the "class of the NFC east."

They built a team that Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones would love. It's going to be interesting to see if they go 8-8 or worse.

i will never for the life of me understand all the cooley hate on this site. completely baffling.

Love Chris Cooley, but he just seems to have a knack for fumbling at the most inopportune time of the game.

I just hope he gets healthy so he can contribute, but if not I have the utmost confidence in Davis and Paulsen.

Eagles are the team to beat. They put themselves out there for that title. Cooley is completely right, that we aren't the "class" of the division because... well.. we come in last place, a lot. Except for every-now-and-than we do make a wildcard race.

i will never for the life of me understand all the cooley hate on this site. completely baffling.

Jealous of the guy I guess, xRedskins cheerleader as a wife, top five TE, huge junk...wait., well the first two. lol

---------- Post added September-6th-2011 at 04:56 PM ----------

thread title is very misleading.

umaad.gif

They built a team that Dan Snyder and Jerry Jones would love. It's going to be interesting to see if they go 8-8 or worse.

Then why didn't they? You cant just DO IT in the salary cap era that often. Give the Eagles FO some credit, if it was so easy every team would do it.

I guess it would be interesting if the Skins still only win 6 games after some of the hype I have seen and heard lately.... that statement can "fit" with any team - even the ones that are not expected to challenge for the division.

He's right of course, and he's being generous. The Redskins - on paper - should be everybody's mortal lock for last place in the East.

They still have to play the games though I guess.

Not the way I see it. Cooley is being cautious and humble, giving respect to the large group of fantasy football players on the Eagles roster. The Giants have been injury riddled and have a major issue at the LB'er position and Special Teams suck. The Cowboys have line issues and questions in the secondary remain. The Redskins are young and hungry and have addressed many of their holes from last year and have what looks to be 2 serviceable QB's. It's wide open and yes...we will play the games!

Wait a second, did you read the article at all? You guys are making it sounds as though I was mis-leading you and changed the title.

Thats the flippin title......

Cooley calls Eagles class of NFC East, says 'Skins 'not the team'

Yep, read it, but still think that the title is misleading and is designed to create controversy and distension. It's amazing how a whole truth can be changed by changing just 1 word's order or tense.

I did read that the title was not yours (a cut and paste?), and I apologize if I offended you by the previous comment (nothing personal), but I still do not like it.

misleading thread title. "not the team" is a way different tone than "Obviously, we're not the team to beat based on the way we played last year and what we've done over the past couple years." the former makes it sound like he's trashing the team, when really he's just (accurately) labeling them the underdog or dark horse.

See this is where the media is full of BS. I agree, totally misleading article title. Cooley didn't say anything wrong, they're just trying to make it drama.

Yep, read it, but still think that the title is misleading and is designed to create controversy and distension. It's amazing how a whole truth can be changed by changing just 1 word's order or tense.

I did read that the title was not yours (a cut and paste?), and I apologize if I offended you by the previous comment (nothing personal), but I still do not like it.

I didn't like it either Rick, but many killed the messenger, and as the messenger I was appalled, not really. Just stating the facts.

Archived