Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Giants have owned us since Dec. 2007. I'm sick of it!

DieHard86

That ***** Brandon Jacobs has run all over the Redskins since 2007 like he is our daddy. I'm sick and tired of it. Stack the box or something. How does that ***** run all over the Redskins every time? Hate him so much

The Redskins at least have been able to beat the Eagles and Cowboys with regularity. But the Giants, man, I started as a fan in 2000 (and this was after 16 or 17 years of being totally oblivious about sports, yes I got into the game late) and the Giants owned the Redskins back then, and the Giants still own the Redskins now. This is why I loathe the Giants. Of course, as NFC East fans, we loathe everyone else in the division too, but the Giants and Cowboys get the brunt of my wrath.

Also, Most Giants fans are butts. One of my favorite Redskins games was seeing them just obliterate the Giants around Christmas at FedEx. But yeah, Giants fan is a jerk or misguided, there are many Giants homers out there. I spoke to one a few years ago who thought Tiki Barber was a hall-of-famer. If Tiki Barber's career was against the Redskins every game, sure. But he's not a hall-of-famer.

What makes me so angry about the Giants is how they are struggling late in the season AS USUAL and the Redskins still can't beat them. I remember when the Giants were sliding in the 2nd half, came to FedEx, and still blew the Redskins out. That's sad.

NY Post Seems Happy About the Skins/Grossman they Say You Can't Ask For A Softer Attack

Joke’s on Grossman

THIS won’t be coming out of the mouths of any of the Giants defenders tomorrow when they start talking about the Redskins, but they couldn’t have ordered up a softer attack to face in the opener. Not sure what the joke is, but when the punch line is “Rex Grossman,” you know it’s got to be funny.

Grossman, 31, enters his ninth NFL season having beaten out John Beck for the Redskins starting quarterback job after a summer-long competition that excited no one outside of the Beltway and, most likely, not many within. Skins coach Mike Shanahan said he “thought Rex won by an edge,” but what is the hope for a team when a lackluster performer such as Grossman is deemed the best option?

Sure, he started 16 games in 2006 and the Bears made it to the Super Bowl, but Grossman (40 career touchdown passes, 40 career interceptions) should be a backup. He started three games last season after Shanahan benched Donovan McNabb, continuing a revolving door policy at quarterback that has spun the Redskins dizzy. They have used 20 different starting quarterbacks in the last 18 seasons. Not surprisingly, there have been only five winning seasons in that span. The Redskins are an overwhelming choice to finish last in the NFC East this season.

’Tis better to block than receive

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/giants/gilbride_must_give_jacobs_bradshaw_kj1KpF2BgtpwWRLlvy0yHN#ixzz1XGXXqnzA

The Giants, not the Cowboys and not the Eagles, have been the measuring stick for this team.

The Giants' line (offensive and defensive) have owned the Redskins. I said last season before the season finale against the Giants that we should get an idea if we are closing the gap and sure enough the Redskins played their most competitive game against the Giants since 2007. Now the Giants are not as good as they once were, but I think that the Redskins do appear to have finally achieved equal standing with the Giants from a front line perspective. We will see what happens Sunday, but I'd be shocked if the Giants dominate the LOS.

The Giants, not the Cowboys and not the Eagles, have been the measuring stick for this team.

The Giants' line (offensive and defensive) have owned the Redskins. I said last season before the season finale against the Giants that we should get an idea if we are closing the gap and sure enough the Redskins played their most competitive game against the Giants since 2007. Now the Giants are not as good as they once were, but I think that the Redskins do appear to have finally achieved equal standing with the Giants from a front line perspective. We will see what happens Sunday, but I'd be shocked if the Giants dominate the LOS.

Tuck versus Brown, Pierre-Paul versus Trent IMO will be a big factor. I don't think their O line will dominate our d line as they typically do. But i am worried about their pass rush -- Osi had a big day against Trent last time.

That funny Skinsinparadise. I dont think the Ravens or the Steelers were laughing in pre-season as well as the teams we played at the end of last year when Rex was throwing the ball all over. We will see i guess.

OK, yeah those aren't my comments but the NY Post. they don't seem to take the redskins too seriously. In the Daily News there was an article which mentioned that as a must win for the giants because they should win it. Thus, the NY papers don't see this as much of a contest. I hope the players see that stuff.

OK, yeah those aren't my comments but the NY Post. they don't seem to take the redskins too seriously. In the Daily News there was an article which mentioned that as a must win for the giants because they should win it. Thus, the NY papers don't see this as much of a contest. I hope the players see that stuff.

Yea man. I knew they weren't your comments.

The Giants have owned us since Gibbs was coach - the first time around. Gibbs lost his last 6 to Parcells. That was 20+ years ago and things have never gotten much better as far as I remember. Beating the Giants would mean more than beating the Cowboys in the opener last year. The last two times we beat the Giants, we went to the playoffs.

I was about to say...haven't the Giants owned the Redskins for like 20 years. The title of this thread is way too kind to the Redskins. I'm getting to the point where I hate the Giants more than the Cowboys. I really hope we at least split with them this season.

The Giants used to be the team I hated LEAST in the division, at least once the division lost the pathetic Cardinals.

Now ... I don't know. I hate them tremendously.

Here's my story of Giants hate.

It was the last game of the season, 2006. We'd just endured one of the worst years in recent memory, coming off all the hope and optimism of a great 2005 campaign. Al Saunders was a bust, the QB situation was up in the air, the team was terrible.

But what the hell, I figured I'd go to the last game vs. the Giants.

We played them fairly tight through much of the game, and I was hoping maybe we'd at least end on a somewhat satisfying note. But no. Tiki ran like a wild man on us, racking up more than 200 yards, and the Giants, of course, won the game.

I was so dejected as the "walk of shame" commenced, i.e. the 10-15 minute walk from the 400 section to the parking lot. It was as down as I'd been in a long time as a Skins fan.

And then, I heard the skank.

"Waa, waa, RED-SKINS!" clap-clap-clapclapclap "MAY-BE NEXT YEAR!" clap-clap-clapclapclap.

It was a drunken she-beast in a Giants jersey. She was a ways behind my group, but you could hear her giant maw bellowing above everything. As most of us walked in silence in the cold night air, you could still hear her ... "YOUR TEAM SUH-UCKS!" clap-clap-clapclapclap.

I am not exaggerating when I say this went on for the ENTIRE LENGTH of the walk. It was driving me nuts.

When we got to the bottom of the stadium, I'd had enough. I looked over at that 250-pounder, all drunk and disgusting, and I said:

"DRUNK-EN FAT ASS! [clap-clap-clapclapclap]!"

Well, as soon as I did it, I knew I'd made a mistake. She looked at me like a deranged bull elephant and charged me.

She kept yelling, "What did you SAY? WHAT DID YOU CALL ME?"

As I stood there, I noticed my "friends" had all vanished. Thanks, guys.

Of course I would never hit a woman, so I just stood there calmly and told her that she was drunk and disgusting and she needed to shut up, that there was only so much crap opposing fans could take.

Her brother then arrived, a hulking dude who could have broken me in half. However, I must've looked deranged. I had a scruffy beard, bloodshot eyes, hoarse voice and a black knit hat pulled down around my eyes. She was screaming in my face and he just grabbed her and pulled her away.

As he did so, she started crying, saying, "HE called me FAT!"

Now, I don't recommend engaging in this sort of behavior, and it wasn't my finest moment, but, what can I say ... I snapped. I have hated the Giants more than ever since that day, and every time we play them, I think of that skank somewhere, doing her annoying-as-all-hell chant.

Don't make me relive that this week, Redskins. For the love of all things good and holy, give that "drunken fat ass" a metaphorical beat down. For me. For you. For humanity.

Thank you.

I don't know how the team is supposed to practice in this weather. It's been/going to be rainy all week. The Monday practice was soaked and the W/Th/F practices are going to be just as soggy.

Way to drag feet on the indoor practice facility/bubble, Snyder. Construction is supposedly starting on that in November when we should have had one 5 years ago. I don't know what the weather in New Jersey is like right now, but it doesn't matter, because the Giants have a practice facility to allow them to get work done.

Yeah seeing the Giants play way over their heads when they see the Skins has gotten old. No matter how bad they have played or looked before when they play the Skins Eli turns into Peyton. Jacobs and Bradshaw transform into Earl Campbell and Barry Sanders. Manningham and Hicks become Jerry Rice and Randy Moss. Their O-Line turns into the Hogs. Tuck and Umenyiora become LT and Reggie White.

Tuck versus Brown, Pierre-Paul versus Trent IMO will be a big factor. I don't think their O line will dominate our d line as they typically do. But i am worried about their pass rush -- Osi had a big day against Trent last time.

It also didn't help that we tried to block Osi with only Chris Cooley on some plays. Cooley is one of the worst pass blocking TEs in the NFL.

It hasn't always been this way--from 1996 to 2001, the Skins went 7-4-1 vs. the Giants. Let's think positively. Let's think about week 2, 1999, when Brad Johnson, Stephen Davis, and Stephen Alexander stomped em 50-21.

I was at that 1999 game in Giants Stadium and it was one of the best wins I've ever seen live. It was a great feeling and one I want to feel again vs the Giants!

HTTR!!!

I wanted the Giants to win so the Pats wouldn't be perfect, for one reason, when Plaxico caught that ball I was cheering like we won the Super Bowl.

I've watched Dallas play in 4 SBs (I was too young for SB 5,6 and 10), Giants in 4 and Philly in 2. Never ONCE have I ever rooted for any of them. NFC East pride my butt. I would have rather the Patriots go perfect and shut up the old geezer 72 Dolphins team, then to have a division rival celebrate a world title. BTW, the 72 Dolphins opponents winning percentage was around .475, they played an EASY schedule that year and if we had have had Sonny, he would have lit up the Fins secondary.

I've watched Dallas play in 4 SBs (I was too young for SB 5,6 and 10), Giants in 4 and Philly in 2. Never ONCE have I ever rooted for any of them. NFC East pride my butt. I would have rather the Patriots go perfect and shut up the old geezer 72 Dolphins team, then to have a division rival celebrate a world title. BTW, the 72 Dolphins opponents winning percentage was around .475, they played an EASY schedule that year and if we had have had Sonny, he would have lit up the Fins secondary.

That was an incredibly tough Super Bowl to enjoy, because I didn't want EITHER team to win. But I couldn't help myself being slightly LESS annoyed with the Giants winning.

Why?

Because, crazy as it may sound, I want the Redskins to be the first team to go 19-0 one day. That would be fitting retribution for the Dolphins beating them to go 17-0. Yes, I'm sick of idiots like Mercury Morris constantly mouthing off about their team, but I was also incredibly sick of Patriots fans that year - they were so smug, so arrogant, so ****y.

Again, it was a tough call all around.

Under normal circumstances I never would have pulled for the Giants in a million years but that 52-7 run up plus perfection was all I needed to hate the Pats more. Seeing Belidick stone faced was well worth seeing.

That was an incredibly tough Super Bowl to enjoy, because I didn't want EITHER team to win. But I couldn't help myself being slightly LESS annoyed with the Giants winning.

Why?

Because, crazy as it may sound, I want the Redskins to be the first team to go 19-0 one day. That would be fitting retribution for the Dolphins beating them to go 17-0. Yes, I'm sick of idiots like Mercury Morris constantly mouthing off about their team, but I was also incredibly sick of Patriots fans that year - they were so smug, so arrogant, so ****y.

Again, it was a tough call all around.

It was hard for me to because the Patriots are my most hated AFC team.

Under normal circumstances I never would have pulled for the Giants in a million years but that 52-7 run up plus perfection was all I needed to hate the Pats more. Seeing Belidick stone faced was well worth seeing.

But, like I said, we play them once every 4 years. I'd rather see someone besides a division rival win it.

Archived