Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

ESPN: Two people shot at Raiders-49ers game

hail2skins

And people questioned how repeated incidents at FedEx could spread into something bigger in a recent thread on our security issues over the stadium.

Shocking read. As the OP asked, just WTF is wrong with these people? Who the **** takes a gun to a game? Got my wallet, cell ..... gun! Unbelievable how the lots aren't fully monitored in American sports. Your safety should be PARAMOUNT whilst your on an organizations property.

Hail.

Not to put too philosophical a point on it but I can't help but wonder if some of this stuff isn't tied to the current political situation in this country. People want to escape to a game where there is usually that sense of community, that they're not feeling anywhere else these days, and the last thing they want is to feel "attacked" (not in the literal sense) by an opposing fan being obnoxious about your team. Tempers are already short and things just end up boiling over and violence occurs. Not making excuses, but just thinking there might be another underlying explanation besides the fact that "people are stupid".

Regardless, it's just really sad that we're sinking to the level of the European and South American soccer hooligans.

California breeds the craziest people in this country. Florida is a close second. It's just another reason why fans would rather just sit at home and watch it on their big HD TVs.

Yup. And I may never attend another NFL game in my lifetime. Not worth it. Especially with HD and big screen tvs, with Sunday Ticket. Plus no lines for concessions or restroom.:)

And people questioned how repeated incidents at FedEx could spread into something bigger in a recent thread on our security issues over the stadium.

Shocking read. As the OP asked, just WTF is wrong with these people? Who the **** takes a gun to a game? Got my wallet, cell ..... gun! Unbelievable how the lots aren't fully monitored in American sports. Your safety should be PARAMOUNT whilst your on an organizations property.

Hail.

I was thinking the same thing. When doing my gameday checklist:

Hotdogs & burgers-check

buns-check

charcoal-check

beer & sodas-check

ak47-check :yikes:

This is unreal. I always thought San Fran fans were generally docile people & respectable fans' What's going on out there that they have suddenly turned so violent?

This is unreal. I always thought San Fran fans were generally docile people & respectable fans' What's going on out there that they have suddenly turned so violent?
To be fair, the suspect in this case apears to be ANOTHER Raiders fan. And the baseball incident was two Dodgers fans beating a SF fan.

To be fair, the suspect in this case apears to be ANOTHER Raiders fan. And the baseball incident was two Dodgers fans beating a SF fan.

Oh, ok. I must've read that wrong. That does make more sense cause I was thinking, how does a Dodgers fan get beat almost to death by Giants fan in the Dodgers stadium parking lot?

Eitherway, I did have a Cowboys fan pull a knife on me in Wal-mart a few months ago because he didn't like my Redskins hat & kept telling me he was going to cut my head off because of it, so it's not just Ca fans. I just don't understand how we, societally, have gotten to this point. (Well, I do, kinda, but that's a topic I really don't want to get into).

It's a sport. At the end of the day, we go back to our jobs, our families, our lives. The Redskins (or whatever team) does not put food on my table or money in my wallet. It ain't that serious.

This is a sad situation & I fear it will only get worse.

Eitherway, I did have a Cowboys fan pull a knife on me in Wal-mart a few months ago because he didn't like my Redskins hat & kept telling me he was going to cut my head off because of it, so it's not just Ca fans. I just don't understand how we, societally, have gotten to this point. (Well, I do, kinda, but that's a topic I really don't want to get into).
Wow. Hope somebody called the cops. Just in case that nutcase continues that idiocy.

Wow. Hope somebody called the cops. Just in case that nutcase continues that idiocy.

Actually, yes. My wife & another couple that was also in the aisle with us called. However, because it was Fat Tuesday & Mardi Gras is a really big deal here (it was actually founded in Mobile & this place is like Tysons Corner during Christmas for the whole 2 weeks. Many places shut down because of the daily parades. Yes, I said daily), Wal-marts security was downtown as added help for Mardi Gras & it took 45 minutes for the cops to show up...& they came from another county (Baldwin Co. which is south of here). Yeah, dude got away.

Archived