Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

I am going to buy the Preseason pass on NFL.com. How can I hook up my IMac to Flat Screen? Is the Preseason package worth it?

truskin4life

I am obviously not computer literate. I bout this expensive IMac and I know nothing about it. Can I sync it to my flat screen tv? Also, has anyone bought the preseason package on NFL.com? Is it worth it? Is it in HD? Do you they try to charge you for extra things? Thanks for all your help everyone. :dallasuck

Do you have an HDMI wire hookup on your laptop? That would be ideal for hooking it up to your TV. I don't know about the video quality, but the better graphics card your Mac has the better the video quality will be.

Edit- ^ That sucks that Macs don't have HDMI out. There are other options, but they are more expensive.

It just doesn't come with the cable.

$2k iMac is 27 inches anyway. Watch it on that. :pfft:

It is 27 inches but I would rather not have to sit in a computer chair the whole game. Thanks again for everyones imput. I guess I will have to go buy that cord for future references.

We have streamed on a Windows machine for each of the two preseason games, and it has been perfect, no freezing up, etc. so if your internet is decent hopefully you won't have any trouble.

As for hooking up a Mac to a TV, I have a Kanex Mini Display Port to HDMI Cable that I bought at the Apple store last year or early this year, works great and was about $50. Does play audio through TV and not computer.

Good luck!

Well I figured out a way to use my iPad to watch the Preseason Live games. The quality is a little choppy but it's works. I use the app iSwifter, it's an app that allows flash to run on the iPad. Like I said it's not the smoothest of pictures, but it's getting the job done

The best bet would be to get a VGA cable and the corresponding adapter, which is $20 at the Apple Store. Of course, if the computer is sick to begin with, then just watch it on there and save yourself the hassle.

Nooooooooo!

Don't get VGA. The signal becomes analog. Get a miniport to HDMI or DVI out, as many have suggested here. I've got miniport to DVI then DVI to HDMI on my MacBook that I use to watch, and it's a great signal.

And it's worth $20 to watch it (with the option to "DVR") live rather than wait for NFLN, imo.

Archived