Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fox Sports: Reasons Every Team Can Win The SB (except the Redskins)

81+83+84=Posse

um...he is correct. The Redskins are NOT a contender for the Super Bowl.......we can have a good season and hopefully make some improvements, but getting worked up because some wrote we don;t have a very good chance to win the Super Bowl..come on....

Clearly you didn't read the article. This article is basically saying "Sure, some teams are more likely to win than others, but here are reasons why every team, given the right breaks at the right times, could make the Super Bowl." He then gives reasons why teams like the 49ers, Panthers, Bengals, Browns, Bills and the rest of the dregs of the NFL still have a shot to win a title. He goes through 31 teams (in alphabetical order) making a case for each of them. He even includes what are I assume the Vegas odds-line for each team to win it all. He gives almost 2 paragraphs on why the Bills (160-1 odds) have a shot. He brings up the turnaround of the Dolphins (1-15 in '07, to AFC East winner in '08) to say why the Panthers have a shot (at 180-1 odds). Then, he gets to the Redskins at the end (alphabetical...Washington) and the best he can say is "Yeah, not gonna happen. Go watch college football and pray for Andrew Luck."

The whole point is well...."Reasons Every Team Can Win the Super Bowl" and after giving reasons that the Bills and Panthers can pull off a miracle, the Redskins can't. It's a little grating if you read the whole thing (like I did) only to have it end with "Your team can't. Suck it."

Clearly you didn't read the article. This article is basically saying "Sure, some teams are more likely to win than others, but here are reasons why every team, given the right breaks at the right times, could make the Super Bowl." He then gives reasons why teams like the 49ers, Panthers, Bengals, Browns, Bills and the rest of the dregs of the NFL still have a shot to win a title. He goes through 31 teams (in alphabetical order) making a case for each of them. He even includes what are I assume the Vegas odds-line for each team to win it all. He gives almost 2 paragraphs on why the Bills (160-1 odds) have a shot. He brings up the turnaround of the Dolphins (1-15 in '07, to AFC East winner in '08) to say why the Panthers have a shot (at 180-1 odds). Then, he gets to the Redskins at the end (alphabetical...Washington) and the best he can say is "Yeah, not gonna happen. Go watch college football and pray for Andrew Luck."

The whole point is well...."Reasons Every Team Can Win the Super Bowl" and after giving reasons that the Bills and Panthers can pull off a miracle, the Redskins can't. It's a little grating if you read the whole thing (like I did) only to have it end with "Your team can't. Suck it."

I hear ya man, it can be irritating. And yes, i did read the entire article. Maybe he jsut got tired or writing when he got to the W's in his article......;)

Who cares, we are a team that has been horrible for 15 years..let the media pile on. With the joke that the organization has been lately it is no suprise they are "slighted". Things are changing, finally, and maybe after a couple decent seasons puplic opinion will change. Hail

You're not getting the point. No matter how bad we are, unjust criticism is still possible, and people get offended by it. In this case, the writer listed a reason why every team in the NFL has a shot, except the Redskins. That's BS. If you're article is trying to find a reason for every team, then it shouldn't exclude one just to make fun of it, and predicated on the assumption Beck is the starter, which nobody knows right now if he will be.

You're not getting the point. No matter how bad we are, unjust criticism is still possible, and people get offended by it. In this case, the writer listed a reason why every team in the NFL has a shot, except the Redskins. That's BS. If you're article is trying to find a reason for every team, then it shouldn't exclude one just to make fun of it, and predicated on the assumption Beck is the starter, which nobody knows right now if he will be.

"Alright class, here are the reasons each of you could grow up to be POTUS one day....except you there in the back, you should probably just drop out and apply at McDonald's"

As a Redskin fan for 40+ years I guess I just have developed thick skin when it comes to this stuff. I check the feeling at the door when it comes to Redskins given the crap I have heard and read since the early 90's. And No, I am not offended by it..Anyhow. good conversation....hang in there..only a couple weeks until we start the season.

Hail

As a Redskin fan for 40+ years I guess I just have developed thick skin when it comes to this stuff. I check the feeling at the door when it comes to Redskins given the crap I have heard and read since the early 90's. And No, I am not offended by it..Anyhow. good conversation....hang in there..only a couple weeks until we start the season.

Hail

Articles like this just disappoint me more than anything. Good journalists are a dying breed.

As most have pointed out, there is a clear bias towards the Redskins in this article... Some people are missing the unclear bias...

This guy is a cowboys fan, through and through, and he obviously hates the Redskins and doesn't even pay attention to what we do, labeling us as losers immediately...

Evidence #1 of Cowboy love...

"Everyone’s talking about the Giants and Eagles. Unlike any other year in recent memory, the Dallas Cowboys — with that giant scoreboard, the Cowgirls and Jerry Jones stalking the sidelines — are kinda, sorta a sleeper in the division. Only more reason to love the 'Boys this year."

He is obviously a "Boys" fan from this qoute. (See further evidence of the Cowboys having the same win-loss ratio at the 'Skins last year and being a "sleeper" in the division after cutting half their roster and having unproven players)

#2... He obviously doesn't pay attention to the Redskins signings and draft choices....

In the Giant's section of the article, "While division rivals Washington and Philadelphia seemingly signed every veteran under the sun this summer".

Really?! We signed every veteran under the sun? Which off season were you watching?

He obviously does no research, and let's his own bias take a giant crap all over his article. The whole thing is complete, and utter BS.

The guy should be fired and stuffed into Albert Hayneswoth's mattress so he can feel the crushing weight that Fat Al forced onto the Redskins for the last few years.

-Just Sayin'

I honestly don't know where all this is coming from either.

We finished better than the Cowgirls last year and were 3rd in our division in year one of a brand new coaching staff. To say we'll get worse is just silly. Year 2 I expect big strides. And we were in a lot of games last year. Shanahan did a HELL of a job of gameday coaching last year and has us in position to win almost every game.

Its just some silly offseason fad at this point. "LOL JOHN BEK I NEVR HERD OF HIM!"

As if John Beck is 100x worse than Chad Henne and Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's no top 5 QB, but the bottom 10 QB's are honestly all about equal. And let's not even talk about the teams looking to start rookie QB's after less than 2 weeks of training camp. Yeah, that's gonna work well. DUH.

I don't get all caught up in the media crap but this is just getting weird and ridiculous. I do expect to be a lot closer to 10 wins than 2 wins this year. 8-8 is about right. We put all kinds of pieces in place. Shanahan had us where we were last year with 4-3 personnel playing in a 3-4.

#2... He obviously doesn't pay attention to the Redskins signings and draft choices....

In the Giant's section of the article, "While division rivals Washington and Philadelphia seemingly signed every veteran under the sun this summer".

Really?! We signed every veteran under the sun? Which off season were you watching?

He obviously does no research, and let's his own bias take a giant crap all over his article. The whole thing is complete, and utter BS.

OJ Atogwe

Stephen Bowen

Chris Chester

Donte Stallworth

Jabar Gafney

Josh Wilson

Sean Locklear

Barry Cofield

Kellen Clemens

Shayne Graham

Keyaron Fox

Tim Hightower

Sav Rocca

We added a lot of veterans.

um...he is correct. The Redskins are NOT a contender for the Super Bowl.......we can have a good season and hopefully make some improvements, but getting worked up because some wrote we don;t have a very good chance to win the Super Bowl..come on....

I think you missed the point of the entire article. The point was to tell how teams in the league COULD get into the Super Bowl. He made a case for every team but us. No one here thinks we are going to the Super Bowl. The problem is that there are another 10 or 12 teams that also have no shot at going to the Super Bowl. So why pick on only us?

i was legit ready to take it easy this season and let whatever happens happen but the blatant bull**** being spewed by a clearly uniformed media has pissed me off to the point where i wanna win so bad just to stick it all these "journalists" face. **** i was really really ready to accept a bad season and enjoy the rebuilding but i just cant do that now. o and in case these jerkoffs didnt know JOHN BECK MIGHT NOT EVEN BE THE STARTING QB!!!! morons

I honestly don't know where all this is coming from either.

We finished better than the Cowgirls last year and were 3rd in our division in year one of a brand new coaching staff. To say we'll get worse is just silly. Year 2 I expect big strides. And we were in a lot of games last year. Shanahan did a HELL of a job of gameday coaching last year and has us in position to win almost every game.

Its just some silly offseason fad at this point. "LOL JOHN BEK I NEVR HERD OF HIM!"

As if John Beck is 100x worse than Chad Henne and Ryan Fitzpatrick. He's no top 5 QB, but the bottom 10 QB's are honestly all about equal. And let's not even talk about the teams looking to start rookie QB's after less than 2 weeks of training camp. Yeah, that's gonna work well. DUH.

I don't get all caught up in the media crap but this is just getting weird and ridiculous. I do expect to be a lot closer to 10 wins than 2 wins this year. 8-8 is about right. We put all kinds of pieces in place. Shanahan had us where we were last year with 4-3 personnel playing in a 3-4.

The Cowboys finished 3rd thanks to them playing the Eagles 2nd team at the end. Their record was the same, but they had more division wins.

I hate how the media is practically saying the Skins shouldn't even be in the NFL. However, I recall watching games over the past few years where the Skins did everything they could to lose. We have become the team that if it came down to a FG from the 5 yard line to win the game, we would lose. This organization has slipped to the bottom of the NFCE. We are the new Cardinals.

With that said, I think this team will surprise a large number of critics and fans this year.

I do not even care. It is why they play the games. The so-called analysts can talk all they want, but when it comes right down to it, it is the teams that have their own destinies in their hands. Yes talent is great, but I would take a team any day over a bunch of guys who only have talent. I am not saying we have that team, but it looks good to me.

I do not even care. It is why they play the games. The so-called analysts can talk all they want, but when it comes right down to it, it is the teams that have their own destinies in their hands. Yes talent is great, but I would take a team any day over a bunch of guys who only have talent. I am not saying we have that team, but it looks good to me.

If there's one thing the Redskins have taught us, it's that you don't need talent out the ying-yang to win.

"We're not that great, we're not that talented; but damn, we're the NFC champions. That's all that matters."-Joe Theismann

This is my favorite part:

Philadelphia Eagles: Because the last time there was this much veteran star power in one locker room, the ’94 49ers were hoisting the Lombardi Trophy in Miami.

Did he forget the 2000 Redskins? Where we signed Jeff George, Mark Carrier, Bruce Smith, and Prime Time (among others). I don't remember us hoisting the Trophy, and neither will the Eagles.

I think you missed the point of the entire article. The point was to tell how teams in the league COULD get into the Super Bowl. He made a case for every team but us. No one here thinks we are going to the Super Bowl. The problem is that there are another 10 or 12 teams that also have no shot at going to the Super Bowl. So why pick on only us?

Beacuse the writer obviously could find nothing to justify them making the Super Bowl.."pick on us"..what, is this the second grade? We are very pickable. Lets see, 15 years of crap, 5+ coaches, God knows how many QB's, DMAC, Fat Albert, Dan Snyder..that is why he picks on us. An easy target. What difference does it make if this article disprespects the Redskins? Get a thicker skin and just because he made a case for every other crappy team to make the Super Bowl why have to make a case for Redskin. He is wrong in all of them. He reached his objective by getting fans so worked up about this.

Not an issue for me....Hail ;)

Let the haters hate my man!

Archived