Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

MSNBC - Ex-Minn. Gov. Tim Pawlenty ends White House bid

@DCGoldPants

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44136142/ns/politics-decision_2012/#.TkfLOoLlrS4

ST. PAUL, Minn. — Former Minnesota Gov. Tim Pawlenty announced on Sunday that he was dropping out of the race for the GOP presidential nomination.

He had been eclipsed in polls in recent months by his Minnesota rival, Rep. Michele Bachmann. She won the Iowa Straw Poll on Saturday.

Pawlenty told supporters on a conference call that he would announce on ABC's "This Week" that he was ending his campaign after a disappointing finish in the Iowa straw poll on Saturday.

The poll was a test of organizational strength and popularity in the state whose caucuses lead off the GOP nomination fight.

Pawlenty had struggled to gain traction in Iowa, a state he had said he must win, after laying the groundwork for a campaign for nearly two years.

Dude, it was freaking IOWA. IOWA. :bfd:

He has very low numbers in the national polls. He put a lot of money into Iowa and he still lost by double digits to two other candidates. He had to show up big in Iowa to remain a viable candidate and justify donations.

Is this going to whittle away everyone who finished behind him in Iowa?

I sure wish so. Newt, Cain, Santorum and Huntsman should all drop out sooner than later, IMO. That would leave Romney, Perry, Bachman and Paul. That's not how this stuff works though. Several will probably stick around for a while.

Figure Pawlenty dropping out will slightly benefit Romney. Newt and Huntsman dropping would also do the same. Cain and Santorum dropping would benefit Bachman( and Perry a little bit as well) and Paul heck not sure where his supporters would go.

The race is Romney vs. Perry with Bachman playing potential spoiler. Paul will just hang around, probably get a nice prime time speaking slot at the convention.

There isn't much support for the others and they should drop out. The only opening would be someone credible to fill the establishment role against the Tea Party because Romney who is the current candidate in that role can be defeated.

The race is Romney vs. Perry with Bachman playing potential spoiler. Paul will just hang around, probably get a nice prime time speaking slot at the convention.

There isn't much support for the others and they should drop out. The only opening would be someone credible to fill the establishment role against the Tea Party because Romney who is the current candidate in that role can be defeated.

futurama-politics.jpg

With the sound off, this is how Romney and Perry are going to look to people who have no idea anything about them.

Cain and Huntsman should follow suit.

I don't believe either have the time invested the Tim did...still early yet for both to get momentum(Cain has done surprisingly well besides shooting himself in the foot)

Palin is the ultimate wildcard. Her entering the race would shake things to their core. No telling what could happen.

And i know regular folks think she's nothing but a bad joke, but the base of the GOP is in love with her; obsessed with her.

Palin is the ultimate wildcard. Her entering the race would shake things to their core. No telling what could happen.

And i know regular folks think she's nothing but a bad joke, but the base of the GOP is in love with her; obsessed with her.

Perry would trounce her. All she would bring is a catfight with Michelle. I have no doubt she has plenty of support but it's really late. If she wants to get in, she needs to get in now. I think once she has the light shined on her; she will wilt in comparison.

Archived