Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Parking lot attendants tearing off the bottom part of the parking pass

MarkB452

For those who did not attend the Steelers game, let me clue you in on something new. As you approach the stadium, you will be stopped by a parking lot attendant who will ask for your parking pass. You hand them the pass and they tear off the bottom perforation and hand it back to you.

It was not a big problem for me tonight as I got there about 3 hours before kickoff, but I can see this being a HUGE issue when a ton of people are arriving close to kickoff. Anyways, a heads up and another reason to arrive early.

BTW, look on the back of the parking pass and read the words in red just below the AAA card.

"Attached stub will be removed from the parking pass when you enter Stadium parking lots. Passes without the stub will be denied entry"

I did not notice this until I hung the pass on my rearview mirror and noticed the red print.

Hopefully they just do it for the preseason and realize/get complaints that this could be a disaster for the regular season.

Speaking of traffic/entrance to stadium delays, has anyone heard if Obama, Biden or any other important figure will be at the 9/11 game? If so, that could create a major headache getting through security into FedEx.

They did this to me as well, being I got there at 3 I didn't mind either, but I agree, if done during a regular season game when there are 85,000 people coming in, going to be a BIG problem. Odd part is, I was told by one of the guys tailgating next to us, that they didn't tear his off. His friend had to go back to the house to get the liquor they forgot, but when he left I asked how he was going to get back in because of the stub being torn off, he told me "they didn't tear ours."

So maybe they only do it when there isn't a lot of traffic? Then after so many cars are lined up they stop? Hopefully someone who came in close to game time can confirm this or not.

Last year's first pre-season game the attendant asked for my parking pass and marked thru it with a sharpie. This never happened again, so I suspect this will not be an ongoing situation. There's just no way the flow of traffic can handle the back up this would create.

I also had them tear mine. After parking in the green lot for the last 3 years I have never seen anyone walk around and check passes once we are in and notice someone doing just that last night. We have had a parking pass somewhere at the stadium for over 10 years and they always back off after a few weeks.

This is because out of 8 home games I attended last season, I received 6 green passes that were all fake. Only 2 of them were real, and that's because those 2 I received from other members of ES. Since I got my tickets/parking before the season, I had all 8 passes next to each other and was able to see the difference between the fake and the real. The fake ones looked real good, I would have never known. However, when next to a real one........they looked like a 1st grade class were making them.

They are doing it because of the guys who walk through the parking lot asking to buy peoples parking passes who have already parked in the lot, and then go out on the street in front of the stadium and sell the parking pass again to make some quick cash off of it. Its Snyders attempt to control the double dipping of parking passes and overcrowding of the parking lots. I dont really mind either way to be honest. I go early enough to tailgate that i ususally dont encounter much traffic going in, just leaving.

For the early birds, it's not a big deal. They take them while you're parking and waiting for the lots to open.

For the others, I'd suggest folding the perforation a couple times and giving it a starting tear. That way you can rip it real easily as the pass hangs from your mirror and just hand it to the guy...

If they want to keep up minimally heightened controls, they should have the driver tear off the stub and just hand it to the parking guy out the window as they drive by. Much faster than handing over the whole pass.

edit: sorry, MTH beat me to it. I was typing mine while he was posting his.

You can't blame Snyder for trying to eliminate the parking pass double dipping. I just hope he finds an efficient way to do it or this will be another cluster ****** that we'll be reading and hearing about on Monday by the media.

I hope MTH is right about them collecting them while the early birds are waiting for the gates to open. We're always early so this might not impact us then.

I arrived about an hour and 1/2 before game time last night....didn't tailgate. I came in Morgan Blvd and there were two lanes open for green parking and 2 people in each lane taking the bottom stubs off parking passes. There was only about 5-6 cars deep. The three orange/purple/platinum lanes had no real lines at all.

I have no issues with Danny doing this if people are making that many counterfeit passes or reselling them. As long as they have enough people in each lane to keep things moving, there should not be a problem. For those of us who arrive 3-4 hours prior to game time to tailgate, this will not be an issue at all.

I would never tear the stub off; too risky to have the parking attendant deny entrance because it is missing. Let them do their job. People just need to be ready to hand it out the window instead of hanging it on their rear view mirror in advance like most of us probably did in the past.

Archived