Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

PER ESPN: Okung injured again

mjpanzer

That was one bullet dodged. And the year before that the Bills took another bullet for us by taking Maybin instead of Orakpo.

According to NFL Radio today, Maybin showed up at camp at 228 lbs! He says his metabolism keeps making him lose weight. He's 6'4'' and 228. That's a wide receiver, not an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

There's a couple consecutive first round picks that went right for us.

That was one bullet dodged. And the year before that the Bills took another bullet for us by taking Maybin instead of Orakpo.

According to NFL Radio today, Maybin showed up at camp at 228 lbs! He says his metabolism keeps making him lose weight. He's 6'4'' and 228. That's a wide receiver, not an OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

There's a couple consecutive first round picks that went right for us.

Not only was it the Bills and Maybin in the Orakpo draft, but also the Broncos and Knowshon Moreno in the pick right before ours. I remember all the analysts and announcers thought it was an absolute lock that the Broncos were taking Orakpo. Then Josh McDaniels, being the boy genius he is, took soon-to-be-OFFICIAL-bust Knowshon Moreno instead.

Not only was it the Bills and Maybin in the Orakpo draft, but also the Broncos and Knowshon Moreno in the pick right before ours. I remember all the analysts and announcers thought it was an absolute lock that the Broncos were taking Orakpo. Then Josh McDaniels, being the boy genius he is, took soon-to-be-OFFICIAL-bust Knowshon Moreno instead.

You wanna know what's funnier? Vinny actually called the Broncos to inquire about swapping picks, but McDaniels pretty much said, "Don't worry about it, we're not taking Orakpo, you'll get your guy."

I don't know who's the bigger moron in this scenario.

You wanna know what's funnier? Vinny actually called the Broncos to inquire about swapping picks, but McDaniels pretty much said, "Don't worry about it, we're not taking Orakpo, you'll get your guy."

lol, no good deed goes unpunished.

What an idiot... Why didnt he at least get a pick in return?

Knowing how generous Vinny was/or was willing to be with our picks, I'd say McDaniels, but due to sheer stupidity from both, I'd say that they cancel each other out.

* Side note, I honestly think that if Pat Bowlen wasn't so shortsighted like he was at the end of '08, the Borncos would be a SB contender right now. They had literally everything on offense, and with just a little bit of defense, would've won that division. Big mistake, in hindsight.

Great reminder on that. It was reported that actually happened. SMH at all the times other GMs stupidity or graciousness saved Vinny from himself, like the Ocho deal. Wonder how many instances we don't know about?

I could easily see Belichick or Parcells saying, "OK Vinny, what would you offer us to be able to swap picks?" :evilg:

Archived