Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Cotchery worth a look?

coachreiter

with Cotchery being released by the Jets, does anyone think we should bring him in? I think he is a legit number 2, with big play ability. Santana only has this one year left as a #1 ( I personally think hes only a slot at this stage in his career, combined with his numbing reputation dropping balls) and Cotch could definitely help this team at WR. He could become the interim #1 while Hankerson takes over the #2 role, until Hank is prepared to handle the #1 position. Thoughts on bringing in Cotch?

Why are people never satisfied with what we have?

We're building for the future, we've just re-signed Moss, have Armstrong coming off a darn good rookie year; and have assembled a young, quality core of 6 wide outs 24 or under who all have a very good chance of playing some part in the future of this team.

The ridiculous, IMHO, swap of a very promising 23 year old DE for a 30 year old receiver was bad enough, as was the other 30 year old WR pick-up we've made this off-season when we're rebuilding. This would just take the biscuit.

Oh, that's a big ass NO to Cotchery or ANY other receiver, vet. or not, in case anyone was wondering.

Hail.

Enough? We've got the worst receiving corps in the nfl. Id give Cotchery a look no doubt.

We have the following WRs in camp right now:

Santana Moss

Anthony Armstrong

Brandon Banks

Leonard Hankerson

Jabar Gaffney

Donte Stallworth

Aldrick Robinson

Niles Paul

Terrance Austin

Malcolm Kelly

I have to think we will have a hard enough time picking only 5 players from that group. If we were to bring in a guy like Cotchery, we would have to let somebody with a lot of potential go.

I think we need to see what we have. We know Moss and Gaffney are solid, and Armstrong put up some decent numbers last year. That leaves half a dozen or more other guys on the books to show they've got something before we cut the roster down or move them to the PS.

The ridiculous, IMHO, swap of a very promising 23 year old DE for a 30 year old receiver was bad enough, as was the other 30 year old WR pick-up we've made this off-season when we're rebuilding. This would just take the biscuit.

Jarmon can not play the 3-4, Gaffney was great value for a player who was essentially worthless to us.

Enough? We've got the worst receiving corps in the nfl. Id give Cotchery a look no doubt.

As a group, I'd take any 5 or 6 currently on our books over ANY of the receiving core of our divisional rivals. In fact come to that, there's only Hicks and Manningham in NY, and Ogletree, who I think is real undervalued player in Dallas, who I'd be interested in adding from any of the other three. (Austin at a push at 27 too).

We've FAR from the worst group of wide outs in the NFL IMHO.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 05:43 AM ----------

Jarmon can not play the 3-4, Gaffney was great value for a player who was essentially worthless to us.

Totally beg to differ on Jarmon. He was bulking up nicely to transition to a 34 end, and in the all be it VERY limited action we saw him in he looked our best rush end prospect being Orakpo's now settled at OLB. I can't agree with this notion that he couldn't be a 34 end.

But meh, it's a moot point as he's no longer our concern.

Hail.

We have the following WRs in camp right now:

Santana Moss

Anthony Armstrong

Brandon Banks

Leonard Hankerson

Jabar Gaffney

Donte Stallworth

Aldrick Robinson

Niles Paul

Terrance Austin

Malcolm Kelly

I have to think we will have a hard enough time picking only 5 players from that group. If we were to bring in a guy like Cotchery, we would have to let somebody with a lot of potential go.

If you can look at that list of names and not picture a pile of dog crap, I don't know what to tell you. What potential? Moss is old and hasn't been a #1 WR since 2005 and the only player that has ANY potential is Hankerson...but hell, I thought Devin Thomas had great potential a couple years ago too...

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 07:55 AM ----------

I'll pass.

We don't have the worst receiving corps in the league.

Who are we better than? This should be fun.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 07:58 AM ----------

As a group, I'd take any 5 or 6 currently on our books over ANY of the receiving core of our divisional rivals. In fact come to that, there's only Hicks and Manningham in NY, and Ogletree, who I think is real undervalued player in Dallas, who I'd be interested in adding from any of the other three. (Austin at a push at 27 too).

We've FAR from the worst group of wide outs in the NFL IMHO.

Huh? You'd take our 5th and 6th best receivers over anyone 5 or 6 in the NFC east? Even if that's true, so what? Their 1-4's are so much better than ours, it's laughable.

with Cotchery being released by the Jets, does anyone think we should bring him in? I think he is a legit number 2, with big play ability. Santana only has this one year left as a #1 ( I personally think hes only a slot at this stage in his career, combined with his numbing reputation dropping balls) and Cotch could definitely help this team at WR. He could become the interim #1 while Hankerson takes over the #2 role, until Hank is prepared to handle the #1 position. Thoughts on bringing in Cotch?

I say no we don't need to bring him in. We have enough WR's competing for a spot. As far as your evaluation of Sanatana Moss, I think you have it wrong. He never dropped as many balls as you say especially when he was over thrown more by McNabb. Moss has played better than any WR we had in the last 2-3 years. We have some talent at WR so we need to see where these guys are at before bringing in an other guy Cotchery.

People were complaining about bringing in Stallworth and Gaffney. So no, we don't need to bring Cotchery in for a look.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 08:09 AM ----------

Who are we better than? This should be fun.

Panthers

Vikings

Bills

Browns

Bengals

49ers

Seahawks

Raiders

Broncos

Huh? You'd take our 5th and 6th best receivers over anyone 5 or 6 in the NFC east? Even if that's true, so what? Their 1-4's are so much better than ours, it's laughable.

Read it again. I said I'd take any 5 or 6 of our group over any of the division rivals, save for maybe the one's I mentioned.

And I stand by that.

Hail.

People were complaining about bringing in Stallworth and Gaffney. So no, we don't need to bring Cotchery in for a look.

---------- Post added August-5th-2011 at 08:09 AM ----------

Panthers

Vikings

Bills

Browns

Bengals

49ers

Seahawks

Raiders

Broncos

Bills, Seahawks, Broncos and 49ers are MUCH better at receiver. It's not even close.

Bengals have AJ Green...who I'd trade ALL our wr's right not for. I'd give teams like the Vikings and Raiders a slight edge over us but it's debatable. Panthers are probably a push. Only team that's probably worse is the browns.

Wow, I was trying to give you the benefit of the doubt. You're joking right?

Tell me exactly what the others have got that's better going forward than what we have. Albeit ours is young potential in the main. But the quality within that is up there with everyone else in the division save for one or two players IMHO.

Wide out is one area we are set at going forward.

Hail.

Bills, Seahawks, Broncos and 49ers are MUCH better at receiver. It's not even close.

Bengals have AJ Green...who I'd trade ALL our wr's right not for. I'd give teams like the Vikings and Raiders a slight edge over us but it's debatable. Panthers are probably a push. Only team that's probably worse is the browns.

The Bills have who Stevie Johnson? Give me Moss over him anyday of the week

Seahawks have Mike Williams and Sidney Rice. Williams was out of the league until last year and Rice has had one good season with a QB who was playing out of his mind. I'd easily take our WRs.

Broncos have Brandon Llyod and Eddie Royal. Both have had 1 good year in their careers, give me Moss over them.

49ers have who? Crabtree has done NOTHING since he's been drafted. I can't even name their WRs.

Sure AJ Green could be good, but he has no QB and he's never played a down in the NFL. Who knows what he'll do. So give me our WR corps.

The Panthers have Steve Smith and that's it. I'd take Moss alone over Smith and the rest of their WRs don't scare me.

Who do the Vikings have besides Harvin? Bernard Berrian, please.

And the Raiders...really? DHB is garbage and they have NO ONE else.

Have you looked at any of these WRs on those teams or are you just dead set on saying our WRs suck?

Archived