Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Options at QB (other than John Beck)

dirtyJerz

Just read an article on bleacher report, that lists the 5 QB options other than John Beck....

5. Rex Grossman

4. Matt Moore (Just signed with Miami)

3. Marc Bulger

2. Carson Palmer

1. Brett Favre

If Brett Favre is our best option at QB then this franchise (and league), for that matter are in serious trouble. It's even mentioned that he has more talent then everyone on the list. Thoughts?

NO!!!! While I do agree that Grossman is better, I would say they are more interchangable than anything.

Carson Palmer is not an option at all so he should not even on the list. Bulger is super injury prone, Matt Moore got beat out by the pickle and is signed by Miami, and Favre is gonna go ride on his tractor.

So our options are Beck, and Grossman....I would rather go with Grossman since he has a greater understanding of the offense, but I think we should just reserve the fact that our QB position is going to be lacking for the next few years (even if we draft a rookie QB star, we should not start them right away in my opinion).

Starter will be Grossman unless Miami gets in on that action

John Becks not an answer for us regardless of what he says or the team says

Nice to hear more sober comments about that battle today now that footballs actually being played

Now the question to me is do you think we have better options then these two guys?

I believe Orton and Bulger would do better then both those two guys we got

At this late point in the pre-season, the best thing we can do is run with the QBs we have and trust in their knowledge of the system to manage the games. If some of our young guys turn into play makers on offense, and our defense plays well, we should do fine.

At this late point in the pre-season, the best thing we can do is run with the QBs we have and trust in their knowledge of the system to manage the games. If some of our young guys turn into play makers on offense, and our defense plays well, we should do fine.

Hahaha

Today is the first day of training camp

And I completely disagree with the idea that it's too late for a Veteran QB to pick this or any offense up

If that were at all true then we would still have McNugget and all those QB's who have different homes today then last week wouldn't have been moved

That's a lame excuse for not supporting a change at the position

Pickings are slim :(

cut players:

Derek Anderson

Jake Delhomme

Vince Young

David Carr

or trade for Orton

Bulger is a FA and very interesting as an option to me

Why?

He didn't take a snap last year

He would come cheap without a need for a trade

Marc was breaking down because he was getting older and was starting for years

Now that he's taken a year off he's completely rested and healthy

In the past when he's been healthy and rested he's been awesome

I think he's a serious sleeper right now

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 01:07 PM ----------

We aren't in the market for a QB. Beck is our guy....sigh

Bet he isn't

Once Grossman comes in he will outshine Beck by so much the coaches hand him the job

Problem is Rex is a turnover machine so we are going to be putting our Defense in terrible situations once again

Bulger is intriguing, I think its comical Rex is probably testing the waters. I fully believe he will be back to reconfirm our core of 2nd stringers that wont have ego issues. But options at QB would be expanded if Kyle wasnt here. I think he butted heads with Donovan, and will butt heads with any NFL proven vet like a Favre. Daaaad, he wont change his footwork.

Especially anyone older than Kyle. We won it the Mark "The Ripper" Rypien. Beck, just dont lose the game for us. Our best hope to win games as built is on defense. We will sit back and read and react all year?

I think its obvious they love Beck and have all but handed him the job. Rex will self destruct even if he beats out Beck early on.

How about we quit treating Beck like he was an undrafted FA this year that we just picked up off the street? He was drafted in the 2nd round right after Kolb. Many scouts had him being the better QB than Kolb. Shanahan said he had Beck listed as the best QB in the 2007 draft. Beck has been in our system for over a year. How about we give him a chance? You guys are trying to play Madden too much. What makes you think Orton can come in a month before the season starts without knowing our offense and perform well?

MflFK7Q0o9E

Bulger is a FA and very interesting as an option to me

Why?

He didn't take a snap last year

He would come cheap without a need for a trade

Marc was breaking down because he was getting older and was starting for years

Now that he's taken a year off he's completely rested and healthy

In the past when he's been healthy and rested he's been awesome

I think he's a serious sleeper right now

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 01:07 PM ----------

Bet he isn't

Once Grossman comes in he will outshine Beck by so much the coaches hand him the job

Problem is Rex is a turnover machine so we are going to be putting our Defense in terrible situations once again

thanks...missed Bulger...I dont know...for some reason...having a QB who has a season or two as a starter would make me feel much better at the QB position for us....saying Beck is our guy now...sort of scares me,,,JMHO

How about we quit treating Beck like he was an undrafted FA this year that we just picked up off the street? He was drafted in the 2nd round right after Kolb. Many scouts had him being the better QB than Kolb. Shanahan said he had Beck listed as the best QB in the 2007 draft. Beck has been in our system for over a year. How about we give him a chance? You guys are trying to play Madden too much. What makes you think Orton can come in a month before the season starts without knowing our offense and perform well?

MflFK7Q0o9E

actually you are correct...nothing wrong with giving a young blood a shot...but not having a backup plan sort of scares me...I just like having that security blanket...someone who does have experience ...on our roster...someone who has played a full season as a starter...JMHO

actually you are correct...nothing wrong with giving a young blood a shot...but not having a backup plan sort of scares me...I just like having that security blanket...someone who does have experience ...on our roster...someone who has played a full season as a starter...JMHO

We'll probably end up with Rex as our back-up. There is also the possibility that Rex beats out Beck. You are right though. If Rex signs with another team, we do need a decent back-up.

MflFK7Q0o9E

Beck, IF he is the starter, will only last 3-4 games at best because 1.) Our line will get him killed, or 2.) Beck absolutely SUCKS so bad, that fans will be begging someone else to come in. Unfortunately, I envision scenario 1, with scenario 2 not far behind. We play the Giants Week 1 at home, and you know how the Giants have owned us with that D-Line the last several years. Beck probably won't make it alive after that Giants game I'm afraid.

That's why it's extremely important to have a viable backup plan in place in case either scenario takes place. We need to have Rx back, or we can get another QB off the street.

Suggesting that he was an UFA picked off the street wouldn't be that far from the truth

We are his third team, his first two thought nothing of him and dumped him

Hows about we stop living in the past and acting as if posting some silly draft grade video means anything at all

Maybe actually once we see it on the field I might chill but until then nothings convincing me that once Rex rejoins all of the cheerleading for Beck because "he never got a chance" finally dies

---------- Post added July-29th-2011 at 01:44 PM ----------

thanks...missed Bulger...I dont know...for some reason...having a QB who has a season or two as a starter would make me feel much better at the QB position for us....saying Beck is our guy now...sort of scares me,,,JMHO

Scares me too

Just read an article on bleacher report, that lists the 5 QB options other than John Beck....

5. Rex Grossman

4. Matt Moore (Just signed with Miami)

3. Marc Bulger

2. Carson Palmer

1. Brett Favre

If Brett Favre is our best option at QB then this franchise (and league), for that matter are in serious trouble. It's even mentioned that he has more talent then everyone on the list. Thoughts?

Come again? I couldn't hear you over how AWESOME JOHN BECK ISSSSSS.....

I think it pretty obvious that Beck is the best option and mostly its those who don't want Beck that tell us why.

Huh? Our best option why? What has he ever done except been drafted high and kicked around the league like he isn't valuable by everyone who's ever dealt with him? How can anyone actually believe that he is any sort of "best option" with nothing to back that up besides talk? Please show me something on the field that says he's ready to run this offense or any offense

Archived