Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Rotoworld/Pft: Redskins Closing in on Cullen Jenkins(Update: deal dead)

SkinsNoles21

PFT is reporting the same.

Jenkins-to-Redskins deal dead

Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT

Cullen+Jenkins+kMaLZ0vmG1bm Getty Images

When word broke that the Redskins have signed defensive end Stephen Bowen, some fans were intrigued about the possibility that Bowen would be joined by Cullen Jenkins.

Instead, we’re now told the Jenkins talks are dead.

As we understand it, a handshake deal was close if not done. Something happened to prompt the Redskins to go for Bowen instead.

Since Bowen played for the Cowboys, Jenkins can now perhaps sign there. But he may have to take even less than what the Redskins were prepared to pay.

Jenkins-to-Redskins deal dead

Posted by Mike Florio on July 28, 2011, 2:59 PM EDT

cullenjenkinskmalz0vmg1bm-e1311879548932.jpg?w=176 Getty ImagesWhen word broke that the Redskins have signed defensive end Stephen Bowen, some fans were intrigued about the possibility that Bowen would be joined by Cullen Jenkins.

Instead, we’re now told the Jenkins talks are dead.

As we understand it, a handshake deal was close if not done. Something happened to prompt the Redskins to go for Bowen instead.

Since Bowen played for the Cowboys, Jenkins can now perhaps sign there. But he may have to take even less than what the Redskins were prepared to pay.

Arthur my good man, if your still reading, I'm a whole bunch happier with D-line moves than I was earlier in the day/ thread. Funny how unexpected happenings can totally change both your demeanor and your passions plan.

Hail.

Bowen is younger. Jenkins is better.

Bowen is clearly less expensive.

I'm happy with Bowen. I'd have been happy with Jenkins. Just for different reasons. I like the younger Bowen who can emerge as something for us. I liked the older Jenkins for his real dominance ability and already emerged as something history. That we saved money on Bowen compared to Jenkins probably gives us more players here soon.

Sure did. I guarantee you Hog if the Eagles had Jarmon they would have gotten more than Gaffney for him :)

Chuckles, don't chump man. I'm trying to let that one go.

Hopefully that will be the next step from Allen and his guys. Playing hard ball with other teams. They've shown it to agents and players, Now stop being the soft touch this organizations been for too many years now and start laying down the law to other teams. Not the other way around.

I'm happy with Bowen. I'd have been happy with Jenkins. Just for different reasons. I like the younger Bowen who can emerge as something for us. I liked the older Jenkins for his real dominance ability and already emerged as something history. That we saved money on Bowen compared to Jenkins probably gives us more players here soon.

I think you kinda' know, but personally I'll take the younger, if less talented cheaper option that's still a good size for a 34 end and get more of his fits into our rebuild demographic perfectly.

Hopefully we'll snag more similar on the offensive side of the line starting with Ryan Harris for one.

Hail.

I'm happy with Bowen. I'd have been happy with Jenkins.

I hear what you're saying but I was under the impression that they played different positions, so I don't see what they have to do with eachother. NT's are not DE's. Having said that I'm glad we didn't throw a boatload of money at a 30 year old nose tackle that has missed a lot of games over the last three seasons.

Archived