Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why would anyone give up anything for Kevin Kolb?

penasquito

I just don't see why Arizona is about to give up so much... Seems like they're bidding against themselves at this point. Apparently, they've got Orton graded out just as high, who obviously wouldn't demand a 2nd and pro-bowl caliber cornerback.

So what gives?

I honestly don't get it either. The few times Kolb has played well have been against lower caliber pass defenses. Plus, he's coming from a much different system in a more WCO type.

Orton is coming from a similar vertical passing game, and has shown he can thrive in that kind of offense, and he'll be a lot cheaper. This has disaster spelled all over it to me.

Kolb is straight garbage. He plays scared and rattles easily. I don't get why he'd even be worth a fifth rounder

Agreed. Plus, you'd think the league would have learned by now to not trust any QB that comes out of Philly.

really? there is? what does his playoff W-L record look like compared to the qb on the birds? what about his SB record compared to the entire birds organization? what's that you say? you say vick hasn't won anything of note in philthy? you say he got broken by the skins in the regular season and again in the playoffs by the packers? oh yeah, obligatory trophy case:

You really want to bring up Vick vs the Redskins this year?

There's a reason Kolb got the early hook last year. Because he would have looked like crap behind that line. And he would have been destroyed. Arizona thinks he is worth DRC plus a 2nd rounder? It's like Miami thinking Feeley was worth a 2nd rounder. Idiotic.

In April of last year, people were claiming that Kolb could throw for like 4000yds with the Eagles. After he was replaced by Vick, there was no going back, but the pipe dream still existed. Somehow, people think Kolb has value.

There's a reason Kolb got the early hook last year. Because he would have looked like crap behind that line. And he would have been destroyed. Arizona thinks he is worth DRC plus a 2nd rounder? It's like Miami thinking Feeley was worth a 2nd rounder. Idiotic.

In April of last year, people were claiming that Kolb could throw for like 4000yds with the Eagles. After he was replaced by Vick, there was no going back, but the pipe dream still existed. Somehow, people think Kolb has value.

People are so desperate for a franchise QB, they'll overpay to get one. Whisenhunt and the Cards Brass are desperate to get back to the top of the NFC East that they'll go after Kevin Kolb hard.

Now those jerks are going to hand over a Pro Bowl corner and a 2nd round pick to the Eagles, all for a guy who, IMO, will end up just like Scott Mitchell and Rob Johnson.

no they werent. people knew schaub had a huge upside to him. kolb is a losing QB with almost a 50% TD to INT ratio. and last season he went out with a concussion and was outplayed by a guy who just got out of prison.

Well, to be fair to Kolb, vick had just spend his time in prison handling balls and running from large sweaty guys after his ass, so the transition from prison to NFL qb probably wasn't a very big leap for him.

I have a feeling the deal hasn't come through b/c Arizona is balking at giving up a CB & a draft pick. As to why they would give up anything, I'm not saying Kolb is the next Joe Montana, but he has shown like a young QB. As in he's looked terrible at times and he's looked very good at other times. There are just too few QBs available (as the Seahawks, Dolphins, Titans, Skins, and others are finding out) and without a QB, teams have no shot.

I also thought I remember AZ having issues with DRC and wanting to get rid of him. If that's not true and he's a real #1 CB, AND Philly gets even a #2 in addition to DRC, that's like when Al Bundy showed the kids how to buy a car.

He's started 7 games, he only finished 6 of 'em, he's under .500 on a team where McNabb, Vick, Garcia and even guys like Feeley and Detmer were over .500. How is he more valuable that Kyle Orton?

Please, educate me.

Imo people/many fans have a hard time separating a QB's individual talent from the context of their surroundings.

How much of Kolb's success is due to the Eagles FO, scheme, coaching, and surrounding talent?

How much of Beck's 'failure' was due to Miami's FO, scheme, coaching and surrounding talent?

That's why a proper assessment of skillset is important.

I don't think their is a huge difference between the skillset of Kolb vs John Beck.

But, even in this forum the perception is that Beck is barely more physically talented then Rex Grossman.

I think its a safe bet that if Beck wins the starting job here he'll put up better numbers then Kolb.

i was about to make a thread in here about this... ive been watching it for days, this deal pisses me off.

what a bunch of idiots the cardinals are, this deal is truely asinine... Kolb has done nothing substantial. nothing. i dont care if the qb market is rough, you still dont need to overpay. he is charlie whitehurst or matt moore for all they know. he is not matt cassel so far.

why pay him like a franchise qb and give up huge draft picks when he hasnt shown anything of value. even more stupid, why do so when you can have a qb that has been performing (orton) at a much cheaper price. i do however, appreciate that they took themselves out of the running for a qb next year. what a bunch of dumbasses.

Kolb! Ha!

You know what I want? I want dock to acknowledge the Eagles raped the Skins last year on the McNabb deal. All throughout the season he insisted on saying the Skins won the deal. Now he is gone for a 6th rounder while the Skins acquire guys who were ok back in 2006. :ols:

Kolb! Ha!

You know what I want? I want dock to acknowledge the Eagles raped the Skins last year on the McNabb deal. All throughout the season he insisted on saying the Skins won the deal. Now he is gone for a 6th rounder while the Skins acquire guys who were ok back in 2006. :ols:

We're just allowing you to groom Nate Allen so we can poach him from you in free agency 3 or 4 years down the line ;)

Have to give the bird FO credit for once again trading a player and getting waaayyy overcompensated. Good to see the Cardinals will struggle in the future with Mr. Kolb at QB. The bird FO is cheap , but they sure know how to dump a player and get over value for them.

Granted, Arizona wanted to dump DRC, but to give up a second round pick in addition to trading a quality corner is sad.

The only way this works is if Kolb becomes a franchise QB, which he will not.

no they werent. people knew schaub had a huge upside to him. kolb is a losing QB with almost a 50% TD to INT ratio. and last season he went out with a concussion and was outplayed by a guy who just got out of prison.

Vick outplayed a lot of people last year....

Archived