Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Should the Skins bring in Terrelle Pryor

Landrys Laundry

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

There are some good players i the suplement draft that the skins should look at, but there is no name bigger than terrelle pryor.

Pryor is an athletic QB who was the starter at Ohio state and one of the best quaterbacks in the Ncaa.

He seems like he would fit the shanahan scheme offense with a lot of bootlegs and on the run passes, plus hes electrifying, and he has lots of big game experience playing in the SEC.

I say we bring him in and just see what he can do. JUst ask yourself whats the worst thats gonna happen?

If He doesnt work out and we suck who cares, we get Andy Luck next year! :pfft:

Pryor is not an UDFA he's in the supplemental draft.

I would much rather sign an UDFA QB then spend a draft pick on Pryor.

Josh Portis, Jerrod Johnson, Adam Froman, Mike Hartline, Scott Tolzien

haha thanks fixed it, and ya i just want a player from it that is a known playmaker just to spark up the roster

aren't there something like 7 receivers on the roster now (6 after Santana leaves for CHI)? and Pryor is a project at QB from what I've read. I voted don't care, with 2 QB's pushing 30 and the O-line from last year, sure, what the heck bring him in...he's got young legs to run away from defenders.

were just now getting rid of the cancer in haynesworth and dont need another one in the locker room. the kid couldnt even impress anyone when he was supposed to at QB camp. what makes you think he is going to get signed and have a change of heart like he cares for anyone but himself?

haha thanks fixed it, and ya i just want a player from it that is a known playmaker just to spark up the roster
Portis, Johnson and Froman are all playmaking QBs in their own right.

Pryor is a more dynamic runner and has more athelticism to his play making.

But, imo Portis, Johnson and Froman are all more polished rhythm passers with more sound mechanics.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 01:19 AM ----------

Thats what im thinking, who knows maybe he'll be he next vick! ;)
Vick has a flawless throwing motion and one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

Why in the world would anyone want another sideshow? And that's exactly what bringing him in would be.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 01:40 AM ----------

I gotta think that Vick, still, is much faster than Pryor as well.

(Spare me the Pryor 4.3 internet meme bull****. He doesn't run a 4.3.)

EDIT: VIck, while saving his career now, kind of reminds me of Bo Jackson. It's not fair comparison for Bo, but I'm just talking the overall sentiment. That we never really got to see the fullest of their abilities. Bo because of baseball and ultimately because of injury. Vick because of his off the field issues and his lack of dedication. Ultimate athletic gifts. Perhaps the greatest in football history. The ultimate what if's.

(Sorry for the OT rant. Been thinking about Bo a lot lately--because of a thread in the tailgate (best athlete of the 80's) and because I've been playing the Tecmo Bowls with a friend the last couple of weeks. Nothing like not throwing a single pass and rushing for 400-500 yards and 8-10 TD's in a game. With one guy.)

Pryor is not an UDFA he's in the supplemental draft.

I would much rather sign an UDFA QB then spend a draft pick on Pryor.

Josh Portis, Jerrod Johnson, Adam Froman, Mike Hartline, Scott Tolzien

The OP's faux pas aside, I'm ALL for this. We need another body. Much rather bring in a developmental QB we can groom up to maybe back-up status for the coming years than spend on a FA that will be no better than what we have.

Hail.

Just curious, I have been out of the loop the last couple of days. Has something changed since the last report I saw that said Pryor might be the only player in the supplemental draft, if there even is one?

Edit: Just saw that Caleb King has entered as well, but where are all the interesting players the OP suggests are there?

And no TP! No thanks!

No, not at all. Next year is a great QB class, I can wait one season.

Barkley and Jones do not have to come out early. And even if they did how do we know that the Skins will be in position to select them. I felt that had Pryor come out next year he would have been the forth best in this order: Luck, Jones, Barkley and then Pryor. So i voted yes because it is not a lock to land the top 3. I do feel he does fit Shanny's offence. His stats are not as bad as people think they are actually pretty good. And the best part is the Skins will get him cheap.

I would bring him in and use him how the Jets use Brad Smith....This dude is an athlete....we don't have enough of those kinds of players on our team.

---------- Post added July-22nd-2011 at 09:11 AM ----------

That being said, I would NEVER select him in the supp. draft before the 7th round.

I wouldn't go quite that far.

Also, in order to answer this question, I'd have to see a definition of "bring in." Work him out? Yes. 100% guarantee that he gets drafted by offering a 3rd or higher? No way.

Bid our fourth from the Raiders. If it holds up, give him a shot and see what can develop. The price vs. risk would be worth it at that level imo. If he can't hack it, show him the door.

This would be acceptable to me as a fan. Low initial risk with the possibility of a big future reward.

Archived