Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Arizona Police Chief Takes Over Town - Mayor Ousted - Woman Kidnapped by Police from Council Meeting

Dan T.

I don't feel bad for them at all.

They deserve to be fired.

Well, you're at a town council meeting, performing your duties as an officer. You have the town commissioner(s) yelling at you and telling you to remove someone, and you have the mayor yelling at you and telling you not to. Either way, you're going piss off someone important and get fired. From what I saw they removed her from the scene with the minimum force necessary.

If your answer is simply, "they should have done the right thing, and because they didn't they should be fired," well, its great to know that you know precisely how you'd react in that situation.

Soo,,, we have a five hundred page thread with people defending Florida removing free speech about guns... and this guy actually goes and CONFISCATES them and nothing?

How's this work? Sorry, I reside in the land of the sane, and am a bit confused.

~Bang

I agree. It's deafening. Once again, we are struck by the fact that while the Right always claims that libs are going to take away their rights... the Right actually goes ahead and does it, but worse, if they do... the defenders of our liberties who decry the evil "plans" of the libs don't seem to mind or even react.

Isn't this what everyone in every 2nd Ammendment thread I've been on for ten years has howled that they would never accept? But because it's done in a Red state... you guys swallow and walk on by? Pretty incredible.

I don't feel bad for them at all.

They deserve to be fired.

Not disagreeing, but this was the situation right?: The Mayor was telling them not to do it. The "lead" councilman Winslow and the police chief were telling them to do it.

If that's the case, then should the police not have done it because 1. It was wrong legally to do so, and 2. The Mayor has higher authority than anyone else there on this issue.

Please correct any of this if needed.

I just can't get motivated for this

woman removed's blog

http://thedesertfreedompress.blogspot.com/

Let the state DPS sort it out....or Nuke em

The blog's still up.

Well, you're at a town council meeting, performing your duties as an officer. You have the town commissioner(s) yelling at you and telling you to remove someone, and you have the mayor yelling at you and telling you not to. Either way, you're going piss off someone important and get fired. From what I saw they removed her from the scene with the minimum force necessary.

If your answer is simply, "they should have done the right thing, and because they didn't they should be fired," well, its great to know that you know precisely how you'd react in that situation.

The town commissioner has NO authority to direct police. None. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

That police officer "removed" her because he felt like it. The woman had every right to speak in that situation, and frankly just because a cop tells you to do something should not mean you should immediately surrender all constitutional and legal rights.

It was abuse of his powers, and based on the information in the article there is no chance he will even be reprimanded let alone fired so it's a fairly pointless argument.

The town commissioner has NO authority to direct police. None. Nada. Zero. Zilch.

That police officer "removed" her because he felt like it. The woman had every right to speak in that situation, and frankly just because a cop tells you to do something should not mean you should immediately surrender all constitutional and legal rights.

It was abuse of his powers, and based on the information in the article there is no chance he will even be reprimanded let alone fired so it's a fairly pointless argument.

by Park City Skins

I feel like I'm reading the script of a semi bad,but can't help but watch it B movie. Just need the action star du jour to come in,(drifter or used to live there),and avenge the friend/family member,kick ass,rescue the town,(after blowing half of it up of course) and get the girl. Or something like that.

I KNEW I had seen this crappy plot before!

EFboZ.jpg

I agree. It's deafening. Once again, we are struck by the fact that while the Right always claims that libs are going to take away their rights... the Right actually goes ahead and does it, but worse, if they do... the defenders of our liberties who decry the evil "plans" of the libs don't seem to mind or even react.

Isn't this what everyone in every 2nd Ammendment thread I've been on for ten years has howled that they would never accept? But because it's done in a Red state... you guys swallow and walk on by? Pretty incredible.

Woa woa just so you know Ed foster the mayor is a republican

Why is the state investigating this? The accused are members of the state government. Why increase the likelihood of corruption by allowing the state investigate Itself. A separate entity should always be tasked with an investigation because corruption is a roach problem, the one you see is never the only one.

The FBI should be investigating this and every other instance of state corruption. The same reasons the executive is investigated by a special prosecutor or nothing ever comes of any investigation.

Why is the state investigating this? The accused are members of the state government. Why increase the likelihood of corruption by allowing the state investigate Itself. A separate entity should always be tasked with an investigation because corruption is a roach problem, the one you see is never the only one.

The FBI should be investigating this and every other instance of state corruption. The same reasons the executive is investigated by a special prosecutor or nothing ever comes of any investigation.

The parties in the video are municipal, not state. It would be like the State Department investigating a city department for corruption.

Archived