Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Lunch in DC, suggestions

Capt. Kaos

One more time I'm leaning on the collective knowledge of ES.

We are taking the little one to see Wicked at The Kennedy Center on Saturday afternoon. What I'm looking for is a good, moderately priced place near the Foggy Bottom stop to grab lunch bfore the show. We are open to just about any type of food, due to meeting up with grandparents we are restricted to location though.

As always, any help is appreciated.

TIA

First of all, good choice with Wicked, it's very entertaining.

Second of all, use Yelp. They have a Google Maps feature that will allow you to zoom in to, say, a three-block radius around the Kennedy Center, then search for restaurants on the map according to type of food and overall rating. Great site.

zoony suggests the Olive Garden.

I knew this was coming... just knew it :ols:

First of all, good choice with Wicked, it's very entertaining.

Second of all, use Yelp. They have a Google Maps feature that will allow you to zoom in to, say, a three-block radius around the Kennedy Center, then search for restaurants on the map according to type of food and overall rating. Great site.

First off, yes it is, this will be the second time for my wife and I.

Secondly, thanks, I'll be sure to use yelp.

If he is leaving the train at the foggy bottom stop, Kennedy center really doesn't have good restaurants around except at Watergate which won't be really kid friendly.

Just talked to the grandparents and the options have opened up a bit,

How about suggestions between Rosslyn and Metro Center?!?

I'm a big fan of Lindy's Red Lion @ 21st and Penn.

Unpretentious, you might call it. Basically, diner fare - good burgers, cheap eats, small, cramped quarters, but fun.

One caveat - if it takes too long to get seated, they're understaffed that day. It happens. Better to move on than to wait 40 minutes for a cold burger. I love 'em anyway. :)

I used to work right across the street from Thai Kingdom and it's great! Basil chicken is to die for. Zaytinya is all hard surfaces and you can't hear yourself in that place. I was on a date there once and could not have a conversation. I haven't had a child in the city for a long time so can't really suggest anyplace.

I work right on Pennsylvania Ave near Foggy Bottom metro. I suggest "Froggy Bottom Pub." Small place, you can sit outside, but the food is delicious.

That place is pretty good, but I've only been at happy hour. It's small so it gets pretty packed sometimes.

Archived