Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition: On 40th Anniversary of “War on Drugs,” Cops Release Report Showing its Failure; World Leaders Encourage Drug Legalization

ACW

Whatever the subject, there are three guarantees on the Tailgate

1) McD5 will have an extremely strong opinion on the issue

2) McD5's opinion will be supported by ridiculous reasoning that everyone can see through except McD5 himself.

3) McD5 will defend his bad opinion forever, digging an ever deeper hole, until the entire Internet resonates with laughter.

People post in threads praying that McD5 will not agree with them, because they know that whatever he says will undermine their position, sometimes fatally.

I believe marijuana usage should be decriminalized. And though I haven't smoked weed in years, I smoked a lot of weed when I was younger. However, even I have to concede that if you smoke a lot of weed on day 1, you might feel "burnt" on day 2.

---------- Post added June-16th-2011 at 10:48 PM ----------

Cornell: Anger issues: yes. Suicide/drugs: no.

I ****ing hate that character. :ols:

The thing is people have real trouble listing any reason why pot should be illegal. It's not illegal for medical purposes, because the benefits of pot have been proven time and time again. It's not illegal for societal reasons, because people in California smoke pot without issue. So why is it still illegal? Can anyone give one good reason?

I'd have to say because marijuana isn't legal anywhere in the world. The United States or any country for that matter doesn't have a sample on what society would be like with the legalization of pot. Nobody wants to be the guinea pig of the unknown.

Actually, it doesn't. I have to defend my alma mater. :)

People used to say that it was Cornell, other people used to say it was U Chicago, people used to say it was Harvard, people used to say it was MIT, people used to say it was Johns Hopkins, people used to say it was NYU,etc.

I wonder if there is a definitive answer anywhere?

People used to say that it was Cornell, other people used to say it was U Chicago, people used to say it was Harvard, people used to say it was MIT, people used to say it was Johns Hopkins, people used to say it was NYU,etc.

I wonder if there is a definitive answer anywhere?

I don't know which school has the highest suicide rate over the past 20 or so years, but it's not Cornell. Nonetheless, whenever I hear someone mention Cornell, I know there's a 20% chance the subject of suicide will pop up.

I'd have to say because marijuana isn't legal anywhere in the world. The United States or any country for that matter doesn't have a sample on what society would be like with the legalization of pot. Nobody wants to be the guinea pig of the unknown.

Hmm. Where did you get that information?

This is what I found on Wiki.

mADiE.png

---------- Post added June-16th-2011 at 10:01 PM ----------

I don't know which school has the highest suicide rate over the past 20 or so years, but it's not Cornell. Nonetheless, whenever I hear someone mention Cornell, I know there's a 20% chance the subject of suicide will pop up.

Could be worse. At least people know what Cornell is.

With UofC, there is a 40% chance that people will think it's the University of Illinois at Chicago, or Chicago Community College. :ols:

I know you're being sarcastic but you're right. The legalization of drugs in Portugal has been a resounding success. Legalization has actually decreased consumption. It's kinda like drinking before we were 21. Whenever something was going on we had to have booze. We spent a lot of time shoulder taping for it too. However, once we turned 21, (at-least in my group of friends) alcohol consumption wasn't that big of a deal as it once was. Once the "forbidden" aura is removed from it, it's not so inticing.

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article.cfm?id=portugal-drug-decriminalization

That happened with me and my friends, too.

Actually, it doesn't. I have to defend my alma mater. :)

You don't understand. Much like all doctors are "dentists" when talking about suicide rates, students from other universities are "Cornell students" when talking about suicide rates, and those suicides prove that pot lasts two and a half days. Haven't you ever taken a statistics class?

I see decriminalized which isn't the same as being full blown legal. One country says its legal or essentially legal which I dont know how something is essentially legal, not sure what that country is on the map. My info came from those MSNBC shows about marijuana, which could be dated but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that old.

I see decriminalized which isn't the same as being full blown legal. One country says its legal or essentially legal which I dont know how something is essentially legal, not sure what that country is on the map. My info came from those MSNBC shows about marijuana, which could be dated but I'm pretty sure it wasn't that old.

Decriminalized might as well be legal. That is what we have in California now. Pretty much anyone can get medical marijuana if they want it.

Shockingly enough, the crime rate has not gone up. Neither has driving under the influence, or insanity, or corruption of the youth, or whatever other dumb thing people think is going to happen if you stop arresting people for marijuana.

We didn't always have drug probation in this country.

Decriminalized might as well be legal. That is what we have in California now. Pretty much anyone can get medical marijuana if they want it.

Shockingly enough, the crime rate has not gone up. Neither has driving under the influence, or insanity, or corruption of the youth, or whatever other dumb thing people think is going to happen if you stop arresting people for marijuana.

However, it is illegal federally in which federal authorities can still arrest you for possession. I'm just saying the United States doesn't want to take that step into the unknown world of legalizing marijuana without any evidence on how it will effect its population. It seems like baby steps are being made in that direction though with your example of California and the decriminalization of pot.

However, it is illegal federally in which federal authorities can still arrest you for possession. I'm just saying the United States doesn't want to take that step into the unknown world of legalizing marijuana without any evidence on how it will effect its population. It seems like baby steps are being made in that direction though with your example of California and the decriminalization of pot.

Jesus Christ

Marijuana was once legal in this country.

Jesus Christ

Marijuana was once legal in this country.

Okay. Back when? 1920s or something? I'm sure its use was a bit different, probably for more medical purposes then how it wants to be used today. Which is for recreational reasons. Our culture has changed and are our population is huge now. It's the what "ifs" thats keeping it from becoming legal.

Okay. Back when? 1920s or something? I'm sure its use was a bit different, probably for more medical purposes then how it wants to be used today. Which is for recreational reasons. Our culture has changed and are our population is huge now. It's the what "ifs" thats keeping it from becoming legal.

It was never used for medicinal back then. Cocaine was. And a scare campaign later, MJ was ranked as more dangerous than cocaine and still is to this day. Back then it's main purpose was for hemp, which was and still is a better product than timber for paper.

Whatever the subject, there are three guarantees on the Tailgate

1) McD5 will have an extremely strong opinion on the issue

2) McD5's opinion will be supported by ridiculous reasoning that everyone can see through except McD5 himself.

3) McD5 will defend his bad opinion forever, digging an ever deeper hole, until the entire Internet resonates with laughter.

People post in threads praying that McD5 will not agree with them, because they know that whatever he says will undermine their position, sometimes fatally.

Anytime you disagree with me, I know I am right.

I love this thread

Oh and Jimmy Carter is on board

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/17/opinion/17carter.html

Just to add, I would favor legalizing cocaine and heroin.

Jimmy Carter is a loser. And here's another wonderful idea I don't agree with. Let's make cocaine and heroin legal too.:ols:

Maybe Predicto will jump on board with you.

Could be worse. At least people know what Cornell is.

With UofC, there is a 40% chance that people will think it's the University of Illinois at Chicago, or Chicago Community College. :ols:

Seriously? Who doesn't know UofC?

---------- Post added June-17th-2011 at 05:51 AM ----------

You don't understand. Much like all doctors are "dentists" when talking about suicide rates, students from other universities are "Cornell students" when talking about suicide rates, and those suicides prove that pot lasts two and a half days. Haven't you ever taken a statistics class?

I did take one stats class in college, but I don't remember any of it since I smoked a joint 3 years before I took it. :silly:

Anytime you disagree with me, I know I am right.

Jimmy Carter is a loser. And here's another wonderful idea I don't agree with. Let's make cocaine and heroin legal too.:ols:

Maybe Predicto will jump on board with you.

A loser that was responsible for much for the deregulation that the Reagan administration took credit for? You would have opposed him on that front?

So make it legal, but not legal? Why not allow the surgeons to get high every night? What's wrong with that? Why would you have a problem with your surgeon taking bong hits all night tonight?

stretch-armstrong.jpg

...and i don't even smoke the stuff

---------- Post added June-17th-2011 at 08:46 AM ----------

Exactly. Thank you. I wish the rest of you people would turn on your brains. You think a surgeon can be prevented from operating on you if other doctors suspect that he's drunk? That he can lose his medical license for such a thing? That he can get sued? Of course not. It's his right to take a scalpel to your body when he's so hammered that he has to guess which of the two scalpels he sees himself holding is the real one. And you all want to give him the right to operate on you when he's giggling uncontrollably and daydreaming about Fritos. Unbelievable.

:ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols::ols:

Archived