Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Law Enforcement Against Prohibition: On 40th Anniversary of “War on Drugs,” Cops Release Report Showing its Failure; World Leaders Encourage Drug Legalization

ACW

We live in a day and age where this

jack-bauer.jpg

is brought up continuously by national leaders to describe their policy positions.

You really think the drug war is going to end? Anything that allows violence and punishment to be used as a solution will never change. It's just so cool and shows they are serious about cracking down on crime. Voters eat that **** up.

So for the foreseeable future you'll see more of this:

swat-team-10a.jpg

More of this:

realtoronto_1.jpg

When they don't make enough headway or too many cops get killed they'll just weaken the constitution some more to allow them to do more. Because eventually they'll weaken it enough to win the drug war. Right?

I live in Colorado where Marijuana is regulated, taxed, and underground weed dealers are out of business.

Don't worry a law and order President will come along sooner or later and put an end to that. Plus have you considered how much the war on drugs brings in?

Don't worry a law and order President will come along sooner or later and put an end to that. Plus have you considered how much the war on drugs brings in?

I know, right?! Its all backwards. A "law and order" federal presence would only brings less lawfulness and order, and re-institutes the black market system.

I personally don't want the whole country high. I don't want my kid's school bus driver high, and I don't want their teachers high.

If pot was legal you wouldn't see high bus drivers

Don't extrapolate positions that badly, that's the main DETRIMENT of the war on drugs

I DON'T WANT TO SEE PEOPLE SMOKING WEED OUTSIDE

They won't be smoking outside

They'll just be able to pick it up legally without getting harassed by the man

Seriously? Are your kid's teacher and bus driver drunk and smoking cigarettes all day while on the job?

Yeah, 100% seriously. And I don't even have kids. You know how there is always the person at the party in the front yard throwing up? The ones that can't handle their alcohol? I don't want to see that bus driver smoking "just a little" before work, or at a lunch break, then killing 40 kids. You know it would happen.

Nor do I want to see 18 year olds graduate HS, then sit their asses on the couch taking bong hits all day.

I live in Colorado where Marijuana is regulated, taxed, and underground weed dealers are out of business.

Impossible. I was recently told in another thread that marijuana can only be sold by shady dealers who live in hidden basements and bring gang members into the neighborhood. After all, that's how alcohol is sold.

Yeah, 100% seriously. And I don't even have kids. You know how there is always the person at the party in the front yard throwing up? The ones that can't handle their alcohol? I don't want to see that bus driver smoking "just a little" before work, or at a lunch break, then killing 40 kids. You know it would happen.

Nor do I want to see 18 year olds graduate HS, then sit their asses on the couch taking bong hits all day.

Then it's more than just keeping marijuana banned. We have to re-ban alcohol. Because as you pointed out, there's already that guy throwing up in people's front yards, and there's gotta be at least a handful of bus drivers who have a little whiskey in their coffee before going to work. After all, it's for our (fictional) children

Plus, if you don't want 18 year olds sitting around getting high after HS, then you clearly think we should legally prevent college grads from sitting around getting drunk all day.

McD is right, everyone. Right now, these things don't happen because marijuana is illegal. Just imagine if all the people out there who want to smoke pot were able to get their hands on it easily.

McD is right, everyone. Right now, these things don't happen because marijuana is illegal. Just imagine if all the people out there who want to smoke pot were able to get their hands on it easily.

Yeah I mean it's worked so poorly in Portugal

What a failure

Lol

By that logic, one would assume that all bus drivers and teachers are drunk. Because of course, it is legal.

if the bus driver smokes pot, he will do so if it's legal or not. i am a smoker, but no way i would go into work high.

i feel like people envision people that smoke the stuff doing so all day, listening to grateful dead, etc. moderation is the key with everything. hell, if you show up to work drunk, your ass is canned. it would be the same with pot i'd assume...

The thing is people have real trouble listing any reason why pot should be illegal. It's not illegal for medical purposes, because the benefits of pot have been proven time and time again. It's not illegal for societal reasons, because people in California smoke pot without issue. So why is it still illegal? Can anyone give one good reason?

if the bus driver smokes pot, he will do so if it's legal or not. i am a smoker, but no way i would go into work high.

i feel like people envision people that smoke the stuff doing so all day, listening to grateful dead, etc. moderation is the key with everything. hell, if you show up to work drunk, your ass is canned. it would be the same with pot i'd assume...

Yep, I know people in all walks of life who smoke, including teachers. They don't go to work high, it's something they do at home or while partying. Believe it or not it is possible to be a responsible drug user AND a positive contributor to the community. The biggest lie about drug use in the US is the all users are irresponsible and wind up addicts myth which is simply not close to the truth. I guess when you treat them like animals and lock them up you have to tell yourselves that so you can sleep at night.

Impossible. Alcohol is legal, therefore the people who would drink alcohol obviously do so 24/7 and even go into work drunk. Just like would happen with pot.

Duh.

Right, that's what McD and I are saying. Thankfully, with pot still illegal, the millions of would-be stoners in this country can't get their hands on the stuff. They might as well try to acquire a herd of unicorns.

Right, that's what McD and I are saying. Thankfully, with pot still illegal, the millions of would-be stoners in this country can't get their hands on the stuff. They might as well try to acquire a herd of unicorns.

He's being sarcastic, by pointing out that alcohol is legal but everyone isn't drunk all the time.

Archived